GG Rust Servers | Hiring a Manager!

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

Hello Garnet Gamers,

Unfortunately Enzo who was our designated Rust Manager failed his 2 week trial period, and the next person who was to grab his position was @Wasdin, however, Wasdin has just informed he will begin baseball season and cannot commit to his duties no longer (the same day he was promoted). As such, I will inevitably have to start searching for another Rust server manager.

All applicants will begin with a 2-week trial period, in which they will be expected to accept applications, train new moderators, and coordinate the team to work more effectively among our 4 servers. If passed the 2-week trial period and there is a prominent change in the quality of our staff team, we may begin discussing pay from there, which of course, would inevitably go up as donations go up, so in a sense, you will be determining how much you can make.

At this given time, Rust is operating at a loss, seeing as we do not generate an income, but this is also because our servers are swamped with minges/hackers and no coordinated staff to take care of them.

If interested,

please leave a response in this thread with your in-game name, age, and why you feel qualified for this position.

• Like 6
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Sad 1
  • Informative 1

In game name: IAreGunner

Why do I feel I'm qualified for this position:

I would first like to say that I'm sure I'm not that qualified for this position. I never once held a leadership type role or a managing type role for anything. The most I've held was a trial admin roll on dark RP  but this position is far way more important than that role. As my time being a rust staff member I understood that we are in a desired need for staff , most importantly developing  a staff team that can work well with each other, that can work well with the overall player base and do their jobs at the best of their ability.  Even though we're in a desired need for staff  of course that should be the main focus as it's very important, there are definitely other things that need to be looked at. I understand It's also very important to keep a line of communication with all staff members So everyone's able to reach out to everyone making sure everything's going well especially for the lower staff members maybe needing a higher staff member to do a ban or lower staff members needing help with something.  As I said before I have very little experience really holding a type of role like this and it's going to be a learning experience for me to really get adjusted to it. But I'm also very excited to learn , I'm excited to be able to help all the servers grow , I'm excited to make sure the overall player base is happy, I totally understand there are definitely going to be some players that are not happy It's the way it's going to be they're going to be players that are not going to like your leadership or just the way you're not doing things. I'm sure I'm not going to be the best at this position I'm sure I'm going to make a few mistakes down the road And hopefully throughout those mistakes I'll learn how to be better, I'll learn how to correct those mistakes.   Throughout my time as a officer and a higher staff member on dark RP, I learned a bit more about leadership and how important it is with a staff team.  

Overall, as I may have very little experience at holding a role like this, I'm really excited to learn I'm excited to be a better leader, I'm also excited to be able to help out the servers But also help out the community that I love.  I understand that I may not play on all the servers. And for some of the servers they have a different play style but I'm definitely excited to be able to go on those server, learn the play style and learn the player base on the other servers that I relatively don't play on.

• Like 2

in game name: det_onte

why do i think i am qualified?

I am not i have never held any role of leadership

i just want to get a chance to learn to lead and to make a change when and where i am able to
i only have around 180-200 hours on this game but i am familiar with most of its aspects and how it works 

if requested i can work on a longer resume but i just wanted to try to apply and see if i have a chance to get a chance of being staff on this amazing server.

• Cringe 1
  • Disagree 6
  • The Garnut
On 5/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, Chewy said:

In-game name: Chewy

Why am I qualified?
I worked in K-12 (education) for 11 years, taught middle school for 4 of that. I've seen and survived the worst that puberty has to offer and how to manage those effected by it (teachers and students).
I was in charge of staff training and education for several years, as well as creating policies and procedures whenever needed. I've handled hiring and scheduling for my departments in the past.
Been a sysadmin for nearly 15 years, and in software development for 3. I'm very familiar with software and game mods in general, as well as how integrations and configurations can be done to help drive the community and staff forward.
I've been playing multiplayer FPS games since Goldeneye on the N64, and on Steam since the days of DoD (Day of Defeat, for those not in the know). I've been a ranked tournament player in the days when those were still a thing, so I get the competitive aspect and how it effects behavior and how much a player enjoys their experience.

Aside from the professional aspect, I've been playing Rust since just before the Alpha ended and have been playing it almost exclusively for the last couple of years. I've played on over a hundred different servers of all types (modded, community, vanilla, official) and gotten a pretty good feel for what qualities staff need to have in order to be successful and not hate their responsibilities. Rust is often an incredibly toxic community and if you start to enforce any sort of rules or behavioral expectations on players, you have to be ready to become a target for them. Staff/mods need someone who knows what they're dealing with, knows the struggle, and is always available to support them in many capacities.

I haven't been in the Garnet community for long (I think I'm at around 2 months now?), but I have around 600-800 hours played on the 2x, 5x, and 1000x. I'm definitely the most hated mod on the 1000x, which I expected to happen as soon as rules started to be enforced. I've gotten a lot of support from players at the same time though, so I think we're finally making some progress on the 1000x as far as player interactions go. I want to expand that progress into all the other aspects of gameplay on the other Garnet servers, which will eventually build trust in staff and trust in the quality of gameplay we can offer. It all starts at the top, and I want to be the one helping pull the community and servers forward.

After sleeping on it for a weekend, i'm happy to say I would like to move forward with you as our Rust division's leader/manager.  I currently have a handful to deal with (Gmod updates) however, I would like to put time aside this weekend to talk to you and go over the details of what the role entails, what my expectations are, as well as what payments will look like.

• Like 3
  • Winner 2
  • Agree 2