In-game name: MoldyHotpocket | 501st TC CO OCDT 6116 Kix | 19thAW AFC Axe

SteamID (https://steamid.io/😞 STEAM_0:0:196916678

Warns: None

Timezone: CST

Playtime?: 152:18:01

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): @Oatlife

Past experiences as staff: T-Mod on MRP in 2017, T-Admin on DarkRP in 2018 (HR Division). 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

Primarily, I have a very firm grasp on the rules of the server, seeing as I have zero warns. This would help me significantly when dealing with sits, as I could recall the rules from memory with ease. Furthermore, look to my previous experience as DarkRP staff. During my time on DarkRP, I handled countless sits of all kinds, and trained several new staff members. This kind of experience under my belt is purely beneficial because it ensures that I’m not at all foreign to the practices and procedures of staffing on Garnet Gaming servers. Experience aside, here’s what I will bring to the table. A very important part of being a staff member is that one cannot let their emotions or personal bias interfere with their logic and decision making capability. With me, I am able to competently make rational decisions, even in emotionally charged or controversial situations. 

Simply put, another key component of being a staff member is maturity. For this part of my character, look to some of my responsibilities in and out of the server. On the server, I’m not only in a leadership position in the 501st, I’m also a pilot. Therefore, minging is just not an option for me as it would make both factions look bad. In my personal life, I’m a peer counselor for underclassmen at my school. With this position, the students and school social workers trust me with very sensitive information such as depression, anxiety, bad home situations, etc. The counselors running this program chose me out of the dozens of applicants specifically for my maturity and integrity. Lastly, what I believe to be the most important factor, is my raw dedication to the server. It’s no secret that as the night progresses, there are more and more mass rdms happening, especially in the spawn room. I simply want to help mitigate the impact of these instances and help the immersion of other players. Since our numbers are going to pick up soon with finals ending, we will be getting more and more CTs. Thus, the need for quality staffing will increase with it. Overall, I feel that I am the perfect candidate for this position.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?: As many of you may already know, I was perma-banned on MRP (Reason: Having 3 bans). This was because of my actions as an immature thirteen/fourteen year old. It should go without saying that I deeply regret how I acted, as my reputation in the community was tarnished. If you ask any member of the community who actually knew me back then and still knows me now, they can verify that I am a completely different person. Since then, I have started exercising, became more sociable, and picked up more extracurriculars, all in a (successful) effort to better myself as a human being.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: My school year is almost over and I have no finals, so I can be on for easily a few hours every day.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?:

At my high school, I am the captain of the debate team. I compete at tournaments every couple of weeks during the school year (pre-corona). I am ranked as one of the top varsity public forum debaters in my state (I’m a junior competing against pretty much all seniors). Outside of debate, I’m also on the Scholastic Bowl (competitive trivia) team and I’m a peer-counselor for freshman and sophomores. 

Did you read the staff rules?: MoldyHotpocket

Edited by MoldyHotpocket
new referral
  • Like 2
  • Cringe 1

100% +1 and a referral. While you do have a rocky past, Moldy you have definitely changed.  You are a really smart and caring dude, obviously through the occupations you have in real life, and I do think it translates over. After talking to you and catching up I can tell you really have good intentions.

• Winner 1

I would otherwise accept you, because we do need more staff, but certain things you have said recently (even if it was in a joking manner) are not things that should be said. Especially not from staff members. Reapply in a week if you are still interested.