DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Changes to promote professionalism and competency

One thing I would like to bring to light, and I’m not sure if anyone else has this issue, and I’m not sure how to explain all too well. But I have an issue where I am banned from the forums for about 12 hours once a month. This can happen at any time, but I was wondering if this would be fixed with this new update to the warning points. Again - not sure if I’m alone on this one, but it’s been going on for a few months.

other than that good to see forums is getting attention!

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

Garnet Gaming

Hello Garbanzo Gamers,,

Today a few changes have taken place, ones that should be announced and discussed rather than posted as an update.

Our forums are currently largely used for shitposting which are in no way the intended purpose of this portal.  Mind you, everybody is free to make short, funny, and pointless posts - but outright just posting messages with no context is becoming a hassle to see and repeatedly deal with.

To ensure our community's forums maintain a more mature attitude, I have taken measures as to keep repeated offenders off our forums for good, amongst them would be players like @DuckyRU. If you would like to review an example of what is NOT to be done within our forums, review this particular players' post history.

The measures taken are stricter punishments for disobedient users, however, still allowing them enough chances to improve their behavior. Below, the left column refers to number of active warnings, middle column refers to length of time under "Post Restriction" and the rightmost column is an outright IP ban from accessing our community forums.

092c961d0f2625146ad0c59e624edecc.png

Warning #1 - 1 hour posting ban

Warning #2 - 12 hour posting ban

Warning #3 - 1 day posting ban

Warning #4 - 1 week posting ban

Warning #5 2 week posting ban & 1 week accessibility ban

Warning #6 1 month posting ban & 15 days accessibility ban

Warning #7 - Permanent forums restriction

On the more uplifting side of today's changes, I will finally be adding a more meaningful use to the title that very few members in our community hold. When it comes to staff promotions, updates, and staff strikes, Managers and up will no longer have to deviate away from our forums onto google documents, as I have created an appropriate, forum-centralized, hidden forum location for managers as to be able to conveniently utilize.

3307327433ab51947acd9285d16ade85.png

Server Managers will now be responsible as to what users climb through the moderator ranks and for what reasoning.  Furthermore, managers now OFFICIALLY hold the power to promote users up to Trial Admin, as well as accepting ALL suggestions. Moving forward, if your server is not receiving an update, it is likely because your respective server manager did not deem an update necessary at this time or has not completed their duties of reviewing the suggestions subforum. This change will hopefully streamline and shorten the intervals between server updates.

Being that Garnet Gaming has unexpectedly turned into my full-time job over the progression of our growth in the past 4 months, having great staff members who are able to trim even an hour of my day otherwise spent accepting/denying and locking forum threads may prove to be extremely effective in improving users' experience, as I can shift my attention to more important maintenance tasks. Hopefully the future is positive and we continue to grow!

Finally, in regards to Rust:

Unfortunately, Chewy, our only employed staff members has decided to forego his rank due to a civil disagreement in how the servers were being handled, and Garnet Gaming Rust is once again hiring a director/manager to aid in establishing an effective team of moderators and administrators. First month starts at $400 and may shortly double and triple up to $1500 a month based on outcomes!

I'm really happy to see that managers could really do more , I'm really happy that it looks like we're getting a good chance to community something that will have a positive change and something that will be very beneficial

Just a quick question 

How would I be able to apply for the manager position for rust? 

Edited by OpTic Gunner