DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

RC Loadout Rework

Wilhelm

I like how this is structured to an extent. RC are specially trained and master a certain aspect. Individually they lack, however as a team they are great. I think giving everyone everything kind of goes against that. I think fixer having the Medkit is fine. Sev having the normal weapon and the sniper is good. Scorch having the Detpack, or Anti-Armor weapon would be good, along with the normal one. And Boss can have the normal weapon, with one other configuration. Mainly being if you add everything to them all, they become more like super soldiers, and I may be mistaken, but I don't think that's what we're trying to aim for with RC.

• Disagree 1
4 minutes ago, Bortnik said:

I like how this is structured to an extent. RC are specially trained and master a certain aspect. Individually they lack, however as a team they are great. I think giving everyone everything kind of goes against that. I think fixer having the Medkit is fine. Sev having the normal weapon and the sniper is good. Scorch having the Detpack, or Anti-Armor weapon would be good, along with the normal one. And Boss can have the normal weapon, with one other configuration. Mainly being if you add everything to them all, they become more like super soldiers, and I may be mistaken, but I don't think that's what we're trying to aim for with RC.

The point of the DC-17m is to equip a commando with a weapon to fit any situation, including if they're team mate is incapable of preforming a task for one reason or another, if you're trying to make a perfect team of soldiers, why make it so if one dies (or isn't on) the team is incapable of preforming the task at hand. I'd recommend watching this video if you haven't. One more thing is, I don't see how this makes us super soldiers however I'd like to point out this quote from the intro cinematic "you will be superior to your more common brethren", "for you are a commando, an elite unit something truly special. Your weapons, your armor, and most importantly, your brothers."

• Like 1

While I agree that this would be more lore friendly/accurate, I don't think we're necessarily trying to do that. For example, we have RANCOR when they were only in Kamino, and all of the ARC classes have westars which was not the case, I believe only Alphas used those, all other ARCs used DC-17's and DC-15's/DC-15a's. I believe they set them up like that so that way at least everyone feels they have their own unique purpose. I'm not sure where I really stand on this because I see both sides of the argument. 

1 minute ago, Bortnik said:

Forgot about that thread. No actual need for this post as this suggestion was already accepted, just needs to be implemented

That's not the same thing if you read it. It's not asking for all classes to have the same stuff, just different things to make each class more unique.

• Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Bortnik said:

Forgot about that thread. No actual need for this post as this suggestion was already accepted, just needs to be implemented

Completely different suggestions but ok.

So this suggestion basically nullifies Sev having uniqueness in anyway besides being 'Sev'. The whole point of the original loadouts, and the ammendments to the classes that Ching, Swigs and I suggested are to make each class and character hold their own specialty in their right.

Furthermore, you're essentially suggesting to add 12 more RPG  classes to the server, ~10% of the feasible players in regard to the playercap of 128. Just seeing how you yourself Doggo and many others have been able to quickly get 200-400 kills in events just off the RPG class I don't think adding 12 more for the sake of continuity and 'canoninity' is really important in a balance stand point.

RC groups are meant to function as a group to complete a task. In the opening of the game, the Kaminoans specifically go over each members specialization and how each add to a vital role to add to your teams success.

The classes as they are, and how they have been suggested in the past, are specifically for balance and to keep RC from being one man armies and to playing as a squad to complete their task.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Pencil said:

So this suggestion basically nullifies Sev having uniqueness in anyway besides being 'Sev'. The whole point of the original loadouts, and the ammendments to the classes that Ching, Swigs and I suggested are to make each class and character hold their own specialty in their right.

Furthermore, you're essentially suggesting to add 12 more RPG  classes to the server, ~10% of the feasible players in regard to the playercap of 128. Just seeing how you yourself Doggo and many others have been able to quickly get 200-400 kills in events just off the RPG class I don't think adding 12 more for the sake of continuity and 'canoninity' is really important in a balance stand point.

RC groups are meant to function as a group to complete a task. In the opening of the game, the Kaminoans specifically go over each members specialization and how each add to a vital role to add to your teams success.

The classes as they are, and how they have been suggested in the past, are specifically for balance and to keep RC from being one man armies and to playing as a squad to complete their task.

Just because other people have Sev's favored gun doesn't mean he isn't unique (Mango has agreed with this), Sev should be the first choice to snipe, and Scorch should be the first choice to do demolitions. Also no clue where you got that number from, the most kills I ever got was 205 on 212th medic, over the course of an entire offworld. And if your concern is we kill to many droids, make then just make it FailRP to use it on droids.

Edited by Wilhelm
1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Gotta agree with pretty much everything pencil said here. Your defense for all of these counter points was “Sev would be the first choice to snipe and Scorch would be the first choice for demolitions”, but everyone knows that’s not what’s going to translate to in game.

The entire point of Sev having a sniper is so that in a super long range situation, he’s the one to take them out. Obviously. That’s what it should be because they’re lore characters. In reality if Sev were to die and they couldn’t take out the threat from range, I’m sure the expertly trained black-ops squad could either find any other way to get the job done or just pick up the rifle. 

Going back, again, they’re named characters. They’re not going to die for obvious reasons and a lot of IC RP reasons can recover a rare situation in which they do at nobody’s fault. 

This suggestion essentially just buffs RC past any other battalion’s armaments and I’d rather see if an NPC Requisitions is possible. The characters are unique and that translates well in RP scenarios when one is needed for one thing and another for another. 

Edited by bishopil
  • Agree 4