DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Dobby - Moderator Application

Dobby

In-game name: Dobby

SteamID (https://steamid.io/😞 STEAM_0:0:121666450

Warns: none

Timezone: CST

Playtime?: | 91st SFC 0099 Dobby has played for 127:58:58.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] none

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Head Moderator on New World Authority Breach server, server shut down due to lack of interest in the Breach gamemode

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] One reason I should be chosen for the staff team is my dedication to the GG community. I’ve spent two years with this community and i care very much for it. Someone might ask me “well Dobby why don't you play on bigger SWRP servers?” To that I say that Garnet Gaming has something far more valuable than peak player numbers, reputation. As a staff member I will, to the best of my ability, uphold this reputation and help make GG a fun and safe server.

Another reason I should be chosen for staff is my resilience. I am always trying to improve my abilities and improve as a person. I have gone through a lot throughout my life, but I always get back up and try again. an example of this was, as some of you may remember, i had multiple surgeries over the past few years. even though i was in and out of the hospital, i tried my best to keep up with the community and help as best i could, even though i could not physically be on the server. As a staff member i will always try to provide new ideas for the server and if those ideas don't turn out i’ll just come back with some better ones. No matter what happens, I will stick with GG and do what I can to make it a better community.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I was falsely banned on a SCP RP for breaking raid NLR but was successfully appealed.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: no

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 4-6 hours a day during the summer, 2-4 during the school year. I will note for medical reasons I am usually unavailable from 3:30-4:30 pm and 8:00-9:00 pm CST 

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I play a lot of Dungeons and dragons with IRL friends. Other than that I go to physical therapy on a regular basis.

Did you read the staff rules?: Dobby

Edited by Dobby
made font smaller, added to the "why should we choose you section

I think your application could use a little work in the "Why we should choose you" section. Everyone will say they will try their best to be a great staff member. Talk about some of your personal experiences that make you a better choice than the next applicant.

• Friendly 1
27 minutes ago, Clarksp said:

I think your application could use a little work in the "Why we should choose you" section. Everyone will say they will try their best to be a great staff member. Talk about some of your personal experiences that make you a better choice than the next applicant.

i added some more to the second paragraph

Dobby, I do like you and think you could be a decent staff member, but it is hard to know at the moment. As you are not currently in some sort of leadership position, the application has to be very strong. Which, unfortunately, yours is not. This app would maybe be acceptable (I still doubt i would personally give it a +1 though) if you were an officer in some sort of battalion and proved yourself, however, you have not yet done that. This being said, -1 for now. I think you should wait a while, secure some sort of leadership position (now is the perfect time to snag a spot), create a better app, then reapply.

Edited by Oatlife