Changes to 3rd Person

Ozzy

+1. While I do use thirdperson for both viewing my model (habit?) and combat, it's clear that the community doesn't enjoy the effects of thirdperson on all ranges of combat.

I believe the best solution would be removing thirdperson as a whole from the server. It seems so impractical to only disable thirdperson during war, as well as if somebody knew what they were doing they could bypass that. It only stops people from using it during war and not events, tryouts, and the like, too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1 to a full removal. Third person has been heavily abused ever since it's been here and after it's been nerfed. Reason why I'm saying for full removal over just during war is due to people in RP scenario's that still occur during peacetime abusing it to basically just make themselves a periscope and identify a whole scenario without even being seen. i.e, third-personing over a base's wall to see a SOC group with a kidnapee and know where they are without a threat of being seen, thirdperson peaking over a roof to see when to throw a nade for a raid, etc.

Third person in general just really nullifies the role of recon since you can be a one man recon team from the inside of a base with really no downside.

• Agree 4

+1 

Even though I do like being able to use third person when clearing objectives(Example: Peaking a corner with third person) I do agree in that third person is really abused by a lot(A LOT) of people in head glitching and sniping. I wish it never came to the complete removal since I almost thought this was bringing back only third person but I think that it needs to be done.

• Agree 2

+1 Truly just breaks the game. It removes from a sense of immersion and is extremely broken. It makes it hard to run down long narrow hallways without the fear of not knowing if someone is gonna jump around the corner and spray you down. Also, for the more experienced players we know that when in third person when you look left or right you can "widen" your field of view and be able to see people outside of the normal render distance that you would see while in first person.  i.e. https://imgur.com/PeBOlcE https://imgur.com/DkT3KOI https://imgur.com/l8PQDuP 
In the second and third image you are able to see farther down the road compared to the first image making it extremely unfair for those outside the normal render distance and it makes for an unfair advantage. I personally think that third person has its uses outside of war but if a system that only removes third person during wartime can't be implemented then I would also be fine with the full removal.

Edited by Not Naitsir

To my knowledge, even if third person was removed/disabled there are still ways to force your game to go in third person (Its a very easy console bind). Because of this I don't think it should be disabled as enforcing this would be very hard/controversial. -1

• Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
17 minutes ago, DiegoZavier said:

To my knowledge, even if third person was removed/disabled there are still ways to force your game to go in third person (Its a very easy console bind). Because of this I don't think it should be disabled as enforcing this would be very hard/controversial. -1

If you can find or clip a video, please do. As a lot of things are possible to block. If someone is going to go to the extent of cheating to enable third person, they will repent.

• Like 1

I have never played MRP, but I would assume there are different jobs within each team. In IRL, there are under door cameras that are used to see under doors or around corners before actually peaking. If it is possible to code it so only certain classes can use third person, I think it would be cool if there was a certain job that specialized in that "camera" and was able to use third person to peak corners and give callouts to the rest of  their team. 

• Cringe 4