DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [06/09/2020]

15 minutes ago, Garnet said:

and if war is active, it will deny access to any view modifications on the client.

This is a great thing to see. Too many times our new players get domed on because people are 3rd personing the hell out of them and cant stand a chance.

Edited by AmericanJebus
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
11 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Third Person

Told yah 😉

Hoping all of these changes will allow for more pure combat, and put newer players at a lesser disadvantage compared to the more experienced player. I really appreciate the punctuality at which you put these updates out once the suggestions pick up steam so thank you.

Brb gonna tell people to vote (in general, not for a particular map) so we can hit 100 total votes ASAP.

• The Garnut
Just now, AmericanJebus said:

This is a great thing to see. Too many times our new player get domed on because people are 3rd personing the hell out of them and cant stand a chance.

Yeah, that is the primary reason for the removal. Third person has a learning curve to it, specifically on how to exploit it to your advantage, and gameplay becomes far less competitive. We all love seeing our playermodel, so lets keep that for peacetime.

Just now, 0zzy said:

Told yah 😉

Hoping all of these changes will allow for more pure combat, and put newer players at a lesser disadvantage compared to the more experienced player. I really appreciate the punctuality at which you put these updates out once the suggestions pick up steam so thank you.

Brb gonna tell people to vote (in general, not for a particular map) so we can hit 100 total votes ASAP.

You are the reason behind me pushing this update buddy, I appreciate it (the third person modification)

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
4 minutes ago, Zachman said:

ya know i dedicat a shit ton of time to mil rp and seeing it slowly go down in players fucking hurts to see, i really hope with this map change we can get the player count back to at least 80 to 100 like on echo 😞

If I recall, Echo was up around Christmas time which typically will have a very high playercount. 50-60 or even 30-40 is normal for this time of the year brother, so keep your head up!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
31 minutes ago, Zachman said:

Ok well thats reassuring to know 🙂 hopefully the map change will being in a shit ton of new players 

Most times when we switch maps we get a pretty good player pop spike which is always nice. But since were going back to prolly the best map on gg? probably gonna pop off when it hits man so dont worry

• The Garnut
6 minutes ago, Pyrex said:

Thirdperson is broken during peacetimeunknown.png

it does appear you're able to switch onto it, is it the insert menu that refuses to pop up man? I can do further testing when i'm done setting up taiga v3

9 minutes ago, Garnet said:

it does appear you're able to switch onto it, is it the insert menu that refuses to pop up man? I can do further testing when i'm done setting up taiga v3

It appears no menu pops up at all, yeah. Only just displays the inside of your model with no further prompt.

• 300 IQ 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

@Garnet So I’m able to open the F6 Menu during peacetime just fine. However adjusting the sliders does nothing. The view is scuffed if you have your keys or a gun on safety but it’s doable with a non-pistol gun out. 

• The Garnut
6 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

@Garnet So I’m able to open the F6 Menu during peacetime just fine. However adjusting the sliders does nothing. The view is scuffed if you have your keys or a gun on safety but it’s doable with a non-pistol gun out. 

Great, that gives me a better idea of what would inevitably have to be fixed 🙂 thank you.

PS

not sure why others are mentioning that their menu doesn't open up

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Great, that gives me a better idea of what would inevitably have to be fixed 🙂 thank you.

PS

not sure why others are mentioning that their menu doesn't open up

The bind randomly swaps from F6 and Insert (I've seen both, F6 on my desktop, Insert on a laptop), so the issue could potentially be a misunderstanding of what the bind actually is.

33 minutes ago, 0zzy said:

So I’m able to open the F6 Menu during peacetime just fine. However adjusting the sliders does nothing. The view is scuffed if you have your keys or a gun on safety but it’s doable with a non-pistol gun out. 

Are there any clientside errors when using thirdperson at any point? Any errors when changing values? Asking just in case but I would have expected you to have already shared them if there were some.

• Like 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
4 minutes ago, Torch said:

Are there any clientside errors when using thirdperson at any point? Any errors when changing values? Asking just in case but I would have expected you to have already shared them if there were some.

Didnt really check console for anything. Give me 5 and I’ll give it another test and let y’all know.