DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

I humbly ask that you reconsider The Reserves stance.

I understand that there has already been a thread made about the subject, but I humbly ask that you (D Rose and Jim Trash) reconsider the position on Reserves. Here are the reasons why:

PROs

- Thanks to a healthy stock of great members of times past, the server will always have a healthy supply of players who can contribute to the stability of the server.

- Gives the members who contributed above and beyond the call of duty for their factions a privileged status awarded to those who truly deserved it. Something to work towards.

- Affords Generals and Staff officers the Enshrinement and Reservations act; Allowing Faction leaders to choose faction members who have made their names known throughout the MilRP community as generally positive individuals and representative of a good faction role model.

Of course with all good comes bad, here are some of the cons:

CONs

- Like all things in life, it can be abused. So a successful counter measure will need to be developed. I can devised one on the spot to provide for an objective criteria on how to obtain a Reservation.

- Will mainly rely on Members honor to maintain the list clean and abuse free.

Now that I listed the cons, here are some counter measures I have devised in the meantime...

COUNTER MEASURES 

1. All Reservations must be presented in petition format;meaning you may make an application on why you should receive it. Alternatively, it could be assigned to someone by a general if the following criteria is met.

1a. Recipient must have at least 400  hours Accumulated on server.

1b. Recipient must have the recommendation of 4 or more officers. Alternatively, if they obtain  referrals from  8 community members or staff it can count.

1c. Recipient May only have reservations made for one faction ONLY so as to prevent faction hopping.

2. If a recipient is believed to be a nuisance to the faction and or the community. The Reservation will be rescinded and said recipient may move to appeal the decision 2 months later and no less.

3. Any faction leader caught abusing the Reservation powers (i.e Awarding Known minges with reserves, Giving " Friends" Reservations without proper reason, or Failing to adhere to the criteria set forth by this act) is subject to removal upon review by staff.

I Wish to hear your thoughts Garnet Gamers! Leave your comments down below on what you think. Again, it is with my humblest apologies that I must bring this subject up once more, but I believe this could be the big break we as a community need for MilRP to stabilize once more. 

Hope to see you all on the battlefield  but until then, SEE YOU NEXT MISSION

Edited by Mikesplintzwithflint
  • Creative 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

Listen, I agree with the post for the main part.
But The previous system was honour-based, and was quite obviously reformed into only being able to go onto reserves should you be inable to get back online for a sizeable amount of time.

I do believe Jim had created something Kind of similar, Idk, Ask him as to what he had made with other individuals, as I'm probably not going to know it 100%, and I want to let him explain it clearer

@JimTrash

1 minute ago, Homast said:

Listen, I agree with the post for the main part.
But The previous system was honour-based, and was quite obviously reformed into only being able to go onto reserves should you be inable to get back online for a sizeable amount of time.

I do believe Jim had created something Kind of similar, Idk, Ask him as to what he had made with other individuals, as I'm probably not going to know it 100%, and I want to let him explain it clearer

@JimTrash

I appreciate the criticism, while I did list honor as being one of the cons. I did however offer a cohesive counter to both cons and then some.

As much as I want reserves to make a comeback, I severely doubt they plan on re-adding it anytime soon. Garnet himself seemed pretty clear that he didn't want anyone using reserves unless they were physically unable to come on for an extended amount of time (so essentially an LOA). The managers also seem pretty keen on keeping the current system in place judging from the last thread. I personally have no idea what happened specifically as to why they removed reserves in the first place, all the managers told people is that people abused it.

1 minute ago, PrisonNightmare said:

As much as I want reserves to make a comeback, I severely doubt they plan on re-adding it anytime soon. Garnet himself seemed pretty clear that he didn't want anyone using reserves unless they were physically unable to come on for an extended amount of time (so essentially an LOA). The managers also seem pretty keen on keeping the current system in place judging from the last thread. I personally have no idea what happened specifically as to why they removed reserves in the first place, all the managers told people is that people abused it.

Not all things are so simple, if only it were so easy. You may be surprised with the result of the thread. I just hope all things are taken into account with this one.

Coming from someone who had upwards of 5 reserves at one point, I can confidently say any reserve that is not an officer reserve really accomplishes nothing. Sure they can help boost a player count of a faction for a war, but that is really all they have been used for in the past.

Only time I've seen a non-officer reserve assist in something besides a tryout/war was for Ethan's SSO where trusted members were brought back to assist in operations and trainings for whitelists. That was close to two years ago.

If you need to take a leave for a faction it should just be that. An LOA, no coming back mid-way to have LTR in your name. You should not be on the server, you are on LOA. Completely excusable though if y'know you are able to come off LOA early.

I've stood by this since the removal of reserves in the first place, if you want to assist a faction, join it. If you really want to assist it, ask the faction leader and higher up staff if you could possibly be appointed to an officer position. It's been done with Larry and several others recently, I don't see how its that hard of a concept to grasp.

And hey, if you really want, theres no rule against handpicking, go crazy if you want your buddies to be in your faction so badly. -1.

Edited by Pencil
  • Like 2
  • Informative 2
  • Winner 1
10 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Coming from someone who had upwards of 5 reserves at one point, I can confidently say any reserve that is not an officer reserve really accomplishes nothing. Sure they can help boost a player count of a faction for a war, but that is really all they have been used for in the past.

Only time I've seen a non-officer reserve assist in something besides a tryout/war was for Ethan's SSO where trusted members were brought back to assist in operations and trainings for whitelists. That was close to two years ago.

If you need to take a leave for a faction it should just be that. An LOA, no coming back mid-way to have LTR in your name. You should not be on the server, you are on LOA. Completely excusable though if y'know you are able to come off LOA early.

I've stood by this since the removal of reserves in the first place, if you want to assist a faction, join it. If you really want to assist it, ask the faction leader and higher up staff if you could possibly be appointed to an officer position. It's been done with Larry and several others recently, I don't see how its that hard of a concept to grasp.

And hey, if you really want theres no rule against handpicking, go crazy if you want your buddies to be in your faction so badly. -1.

While I do appreciate the criticism,  I cannot agree with your statement for simple fact that I believe the choice of awarding Reserves should fall upon Faction leaders and not OOC staff. It should be a privilege earned and not a right lost, I stand by my word when it comes to that. As for the fact you held 5 Reserves, The point I made was to NOT encourage faction hopping as that's one of the main reasons it was removed in the first place. Yet, It still occurs regardless of the status. Of course, there will be plenty of prerequisites needed to even be considered as stated above. Overall, I believe this to be a much more efficient system than having staff sort through it all.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Mikesplintzwithflint said:

I cannot agree with your statement for simple fact that I believe the choice of awarding Reserves should fall upon Faction leaders and not OOC staff. 

This makes very little sense because you're disagreeing with his statement as if he suggested it should be up to staff if it were to come back. Instead, he's saying that it shouldn't exist at all.

It should be a privilege earned and not a right lost, I stand by my word when it comes to that

No, it isn't a privilege or right at all. It isn't something that should or ever should be "earned" or "assigned". Reserves isn't a position you acquire because you did well. The one thing that always gets me is how the people advocating for the return of reserves can never understand what they're actually used for. Reserves are used to give players who can literally not get onto the server for a very extensive amount of time a chance to keep their position because the issue they face is out of their control. That's what they're for, that's what they should always be for. 

The point I made was to NOT encourage faction hopping as that's one of the main reasons it was removed in the first place. Yet, It still occurs regardless of the status. 

Key flaw in this argument: 

"one of the main reasons"

The removal of reserves probably reduced the amount of faction hopping, not completely got rid of it. Nobody should've expected it would do that anyways, but that doesn't mean it's a reason to add it back. In fact, if the amount of faction hopping would increase if it were added back, then theres even more reason not to.

much more efficient system than having staff sort through it all.

Another common argument made by people supporting reserves is that staff wont have to "deal with it all".

Deal with what nigga? The one nigga once every blue moon that's even applicable for reserves? Doesn't seem like it's a strain on staff in the slightest. 

Edited by bishopil
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Honestly man, this would be better as a discussion because, well, it kinda turned into one. Sadly we aren’t going to have time for the discussion to end as it will be locked and moved to denied. And these guys, Pencil, Bishop, they both have solid points. I mean the only reason I want reserves back is to show I once put time into the server and earned the rank, maybe even come back. Now though, they have kinda been put into a new place. 
It is similar to 3rd person, I LOVED old third person with the crosshairs and you could scope in it. But listen, we are changing, some might say for the better, others for the worse, either way we are changing, we are becoming a bit less arcade-y and more of a serious RP server, so we are knocking down the things that held us back. As much as I hate losing my reserves, I have no legitimate reason of needing them back.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t mind not having reserves anymore. I just always thought of reserves as a cheap way of guaranteeing yourself to always have a good rank to start off with when coming back from a long hiatus, rather than simply starting from a low enlisted rank anew, and working your way back up to a rank you desire. There is a lot more satisfaction in working little by little to earn an officer rank after taking a long break from the server, rather than someone putting some stupid 2LTR next to your name on a golden chair always available for you.

Reserves was only cool to me until I realized it was boring. I was a WO1 reserve in army, and at no point after I took a long break from MRP years ago, did I ever feel motivated into wanting to return to play MRP actively until a GLOBAL PANDEMIC limited my options to entertain myself and I felt that returning to the server was right. I’m glad reserves was removed because it was an unnecessary system, and I never intended on rejoining the MRP server actively because I wouldn’t have found enjoyment trying to get to know the new MRP community while also receiving a decent amount of responsibilities as a WO1, surrounded by people I wouldn’t have cared about in the beginning. Starting anew entirely allows returning players to better enjoy the server, and incentivizes the player to learn the new MRP community through TS and in-game activity, while also encouraging the player to stay active in order to earn a good rank again.

I completely understand where you, Mike, and other players are coming from when they argue about returning the reserve system, but in the end I think it’s better for the system to stay removed.

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • 2 weeks later...