Shooting in the UK during lockdown

Jake

• StarWarsRP Administration Team

Today was the first day in which my local shooting club re-opened, it was fantastic to see so many enthusiasts all in the same place to appreciate sport shooting. I was busy shooting so I didn't really get much of an opportunity to get some pictures or videos but I got a few. The videos of me shooting are at the bottom.
spacer.png
I was using 28 gram 7 1/2 Eley olympic blues in my over under.

spacer.png
Not quite sure how they are in the U.S but these are what our shooting stands look like, the controls you can see are selectors for the traps and buttons to activate the traps.
spacer.png
This is the backstop for all the "rabbit" shots where a clay is sent along the ground.
spacer.png
Basic view of the loaded chamber in an over under shotgun.

This was the same 90 foot away but it had a 90 foot right to left crosser about 40 feet up in the pair.

This was a single shot at a clay that was going away from me about 90 feet away. (I hit it)

For the brits

If you are British and you have had an interest in sport shooting, now would be the best time to get into it. Search up rifle range, gun range, clay club etc near your post code and it should tell you the closest range. Any range should accomodate new shooters by teaching you and lending you a weapon for you to learn on, it is one of the most enjoyable things you can do. If you get really into it, getting a license is a piece of piss unless you have a violent or dangerous criminal record of any sort, in that case you're basically barred.

• StarWarsRP Administration Team
3 minutes ago, Bendak said:

Bruh I haven't been trap shooting in a hot minute. Where's that bolt action  .410 tho?

I blew up the firing pin when i shot a .303 out of it. 

Currently in the process of buying one of these 
spacer.png
And one of these sweet babies, its a re-bored Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1 chambered in .410
spacer.png

4 hours ago, Captainswag said:

That shotgun gives me Black Ops 1 vibes of using the Olympia in Zombies. I like it!

Same shit I was about to say. 

5 hours ago, Jake said:

-snip-

Honestly I want to get into firearms and learning about them, but with California's super strict laws on gun control it doesn't feel like it's worth the hassle. That being said if I move back to AZ though, shit.

The title made me think some sort of a shooting happened where people died. Now that I think about it, what else would you have posted besides video of you shooting shit? And why would I think that a shooting happened in Britain?

Archived