[Map Suggestion] Replace Aircraft Hangar and props for a Mess Hall and a Barracks 

Shrugger

Description: Remove Props in photo along with aircraft hangar thing. Place two new buildings or one larger building in US Base for the purposes of a Mess hall and Barracks(with showers and bathrooms).

Obligatory: This map is in Beta and Garnet did a swell job on it.

Reasoning: Removes props of no significance meaning and minimal passive RP for new building(s). Beyond the fact that no US Operating base would not have a barracks or toilets/showers, The Barrack building/portion of building could be used as a spawn room. As currently it is very difficult to exit the room during war or after war when everyone swaps to another class to get to debriefing faster. The Mess hall could be used as an area for passive RP as an activity during non-war times. Furthermore, if the spawns were changed to the new barracks building/portion of building the room currently used as spawn can be redesigned of which people can mention what to do with in the comments or something Garnet can cook up.

Additional Information: Area for the two(or one big building) for Barracks(With showers and bathrooms) and a Mess hall

d8cbeb893c760fc8cd8f71f25e32f19c.png

+1 This would be good for RP as mentioned and would be a nice feature to see implemented however I feel that it could take a large amount of time to do mapping wise (I'm no expert it could be a 10 minutes thing for all I know). There are also many bugs which will probably be ironed out in the next few map updates which I would assume takes priority but hopefully this will be added later on.

Edited by Jake
On 7/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, Garnet said:

For future reference, please show me reference work instead of just asking me to do something, thank you.

Apologies, I figured we has a community could come with an appropriate layout for the mess hall and barracks. What kind of reference work would you like? GMOD buildings? IRL Examples? Shitty paint drawings?

57 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

Apologies, I figured we has a community could come with an appropriate layout for the mess hall and barracks. What kind of reference work would you like? GMOD buildings? IRL Examples? Shitty paint drawings?

Whatever would help him visualize the suggestion? That burden is on you, since you are suggesting something  other then the Hangar

• Like 2
On 7/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, Garnet said:

For future reference, please show me reference work instead of just asking me to do something, thank you.

Mess Hall

Paint Version

002cd6309a59fea1da6719ef404774d2.png

IRL Version

Image result for us army messhall layout

This is just a design I found online. If you have edits or suggestions on designs, don't hesitate!

Barracks

Paint Version

89f1ba1269ab485b03aa38dc65fe4bae.pngIRL Version(For Floor Layout I only Used the mid-right side)

Image result for us army barracks layout

Army Barracks 01

Split this up so people can discuss layout of mess hall and barracks independently.

P.S. Should we put an office space for officers on second floor of Barracks or keep it as is +1/-1?

Edited by Shrugger
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, Shrugger said:

Barracks

Paint Version

89f1ba1269ab485b03aa38dc65fe4bae.pngIRL Version(For Floor Layout I only Used the mid-right side)

Image result for us army barracks layout

Army Barracks 01

Split this up so people can discuss layout of mess hall and barracks independently.

P.S. Should we put an office space for officers on second floor of Barracks or keep it as is +1/-1?

+1, this will be a good addon to the US FOB. I do think that this could be added to RU as both bases should have some sort of barracks/mess hall as it is in IRL to had a bit more of an RP-ish role to it. Not to mention that we could add some of the spawns inside of the barracks.

Edited by gambler01dyer