DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Don's Staff Application

In-game name: PDSS GSS Psi

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 25

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:48119736

Warns: 1 Active, Crouchjump/FailRP

Timezone: EST

Playtime:  PDSS GSS Psi has played for 1890:35:58.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

What administrator recommended you to apply?: N/A

Past experiences as staff: Former GG MRP Staff. Many, many hours of discord/twitch moderation experience, community management experience in various positions, professional project management experience. A specific project I led with the development of an inventory sorting system for a department at my previous employer, I was involved in all aspects of the project from the initial planning, to the post project meetings.

How do you plan on benefiting our server?: 

I've noticed lately that there are a lack of Staff online during Peak and non-peak both. Those of you that know me know that when I was formally staff and leader of GRU, I contributed a great deal to the leadership of Russia and the overall organization of the country as a whole. In addition, I worked closely with  executives in order to bring the server up to a standard I thought was reasonable. If I am  accepted I will continue my efforts to bring the server standard back to a level greater than we were back on Charharikar/Echo v1. To say I'm not happy with the current state of things would be an understatement.

As I mentioned in my previous application in November, I believe in the analogy of an iron fist in a soft glove, that is to say being stern but fair. I've always made it a primary intention to be involved in every faction to some extent as to ensure every faction is equally represented on the server. This includes the war factions and the factions that wish to do RP, both passive and non-passive. I also believe most massing and intentional rule-breaking is the result of boredom during peacetime. If I were accepted I would work with faction leaders in order to figure out why this is going on and then work with the higher-up staff in order to implement some sort of quota system to make sure new players are having a good experience. I've already discussed this in some degree with other members of the community.

For example, each officer would be rated on a scale of points what's an arbitrary number of 100 points. Each training from you and listed would be worth two points but it would need to be documented and submitted. Specifically this category could also apply to enlisted who need to meet quotas to be promoted in order to be promoted to officer ranks. Tryouts and trainings would be worth an arbitrary number of points, for this argument let's say five points. Any additional point values could be assigned by Executives and/or base faction leaders, to determine what officers are actually contributing to the faction they play on and which ones are just sitting on the rank. Not achieving a certain number of points could be grounds or demotion or removal, maintaining a set number of points what allow you to keep your rank but not be promoted, exceeding an arbitrary value say 80 points would allow for promotions normally. Officers that greatly exceed the maximum cap of a hundred points could be allowed, with management approval and faction leader approval, to be double promoted based on outstanding leadership qualities. This way we prevent officers that have no right being officers and being in the position they're in and improve the server is a whole. 

Overall, I think I would be able to assist the server greatly in both moderation and the betterment of Garnet Gaming MRP as a whole. Thanks for reading.

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP?: Other than warns, no.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Yes, one back in November 2019:

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Weekdays: 3-4 hours, generally during peak hours. Weekends: 8+ hours.

I'd like to thank Phantom for inspiring me to make this, I thought a lot about what you said the other day, thanks for the words of wisdom.

Edited by Praetor_Don
speech-to-text broken
  • The Garnut

Accepted

I'm not even going to let this thread sit here to gather support, because this is ultimately my decision. I feel as though with the current circumstances and me wanting to downright erase and re-create MilitaryRP from the ground up, having somebody like Don on the team might prove this to be an easier process by actually making the current gamemode enjoyable while I slowly re-work things for a more enjoyable experience for everybody.

• Like 4
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 2