What suppressors sound like IRL

Jake

• StarWarsRP Administration Team

Basically, I bought a new gun for my birthday. It is a Mossberg 500 Hushpower .410, it has a 30 inch barrel with a 15 inch integrated sound moderator (suppressor).  There is a video of it firing below, I am using 3" magnum cartridges in it and cycling the action is still louder than the shot, if I were using 2.5" game cartridges or 2" hushpower cartridges it would be comparable to a gas powered airsoft gun going off.

This is notable because as far as I know, in the U.S sound moderators are restricted and require a ATF tax stamp however in the U.K they are totally unrestricted, in fact you are often considered strange if you don't use a sound mod on your guns if you hunt with them (outside of sporting shotguns).

Some images of the new gun:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Video of it firing:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, Jake said:

Basically, I bought a new gun for my birthday. It is a Mossberg 500 Hushpower .410, it has a 30 inch barrel with a 15 inch integrated sound moderator (suppressor).  There is a video of it firing below, I am using 3" magnum cartridges in it and cycling the action is still louder than the shot, if I were using 2.5" game cartridges or 2" hushpower cartridges it would be comparable to a gas powered airsoft gun going off.

This is notable because as far as I know, in the U.S sound moderators are restricted and require a ATF tax stamp however in the U.K they are totally unrestricted, in fact you are often considered strange if you don't use a sound mod on your guns if you hunt with them (outside of sporting shotguns).

Some images of the new gun:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Video of it firing:

Sounds like a wet towel hitting your ass, happy late b day btw!

• StarWarsRP Administration Team
On 8/1/2020 at 5:18 PM, cbozee said:

but what are you benching with those weights over there

Its only 50lb's I just use it for curls n stuff 

Archived