New party Remake?

Sc0pe

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] A new party system most of the time party system could be buggy and sometimes crashes you. I feel like it could be a possibility to one of our issues to the sever crashing every often. The one we have right now isn’t the best one I have seen(Sorry for the disrespect for the system I just feel like it could be a possibility that could fix the crashes) /party has been buggy for the few months I’ve been in the sever I’m not sure how long this dates back to be buggy but it’s still been buggy, yes I know this probably isn’t the issue but I have seen people complain about the sever crashing so yeah.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] It would be a possible way to reduce the amount of sever crashes and just player crashes. A more optimized version of the party would be useful the one we have is decent but maybe a fix to the crashes could help the sever?

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] N:A
20 minutes ago, Garnet said:

To the best of my knowledge, we had virtually 0 crashes when unbox wasn't installed on the server?

I think the most I've seen is 0-2 crashes. I think they mean it more towards the fact sometimes if you do !party or /party your game proceeds to crash (This happens at random, and often gets fixed quite fast, however when it does happen, it happens to everyone), but I could be completely wrong. 🙂 

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
1 hour ago, Garnet said:

To the best of my knowledge, we had virtually 0 crashes when unbox wasn't installed on the server?

Garnet, I’m not sure but when I started playing the severs and every now and then /party or !party will crash you. It’s not often it could be caused by something else but I crash sometimes from /party and so do others.

Guest proggy

Yeah, this is something thats been happening for as long as i've played the server.

At random, for a period of a few hours normally, typing /party or !party will instantly crash/close gmod. I can't get any errors from console because the game instantly closes.
This happens to everyone in the server until again randomly, the bug stops happening. There's no indication in console for when this bug starts or ends.

Sometimes people will troll by encouraging others to type /party so that they will crash.
Sometimes people will ask in OOC "is /party still kicking people? is it safe to make a party?" or something along those lines.

This one would be hard to fix because the absence of error logs.

5 minutes ago, proggy said:

Yeah, this is something thats been happening for as long as i've played the server.

At random, for a period of a few hours normally, typing /party or !party will instantly crash/close gmod. I can't get any errors from console because the game instantly closes.
This happens to everyone in the server until again randomly, the bug stops happening. There's no indication in console for when this bug starts or ends.

Sometimes people will troll by encouraging others to type /party so that they will crash.
Sometimes people will ask in OOC "is /party still kicking people? is it safe to make a party?" or something along those lines.

This one would be hard to fix because the absence of error logs.

There should be crash logs somewhere in your gmod folder; they're in a minidump file format. You can't normally read them so you'll have to upload them to a third-party reader (the Metastruct one is probably your best/only choice; trusted + Gmod related). Sometimes they show the console and sometimes they don't, may be dependant on 32- vs 64-bit versions but I'm not really sure.

Do understand that these crash logs go really in depth and provide tons of engine details both inside and outside of the Lua environment - so it's essentially useless to most people but can still help narrow down what could be causing people to crash in terms of the engine. They likely won't include any identifying information (any filepaths that lead into your User folder might not be scrubbed, cannot confirm) and provide you with links to share crash data (with an extended ability to delete and download - make sure to share the 'View only' link and not the link in your address bar).

• Informative 2
  • 2 months later...