ClimbSWEP

Suggestion: Add climbSWEP to the server.I

Reason: It would allow for a new regiment of training. Perfecting doing deep so that you can get to places almost unthinkable. It would allow for people without the grappling hook to climb places. Honestly, I used to play on another server called Helix Networks, it was very fun to have climbSWEP in it and I would hope that we'd be able to have it aswell. I'd like to also add a test involving climbSWEP. 

"The Wall of Sorrow!"

It would be a giant, straight, prop/wall going up one of the mountains. People would have to climb the entire wall in order to pass a tryout or training. If wanted it could just be a training regiments but it would mean a lot to me. 

Sorry if this is a bit hard to read. This is the steam addon:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113495466

• Agree 1
  • The Garnut
15 minutes ago, WinterStorm said:

Sorry if this is a bit hard to read. This is the steam addon:

The read was completely fine. I'm all up for adding Climb Swep too, however, my thinking was to restrict it to ARC 😮 

• Agree 3
  • Forums Moderator
2 minutes ago, Garnet said:

The read was completely fine. I'm all up for adding Climb Swep too, however, my thinking was to restrict it to ARC 😮 

Honestly I'm up for that. Since the grapple gun isn't the best at the moment, ClimbSWEP would be really nice to have.

• The Garnut
1 minute ago, eli_ said:

Honestly I'm up for that. Since the grapple gun isn't the best at the moment, ClimbSWEP would be really nice to have.

I coded the grapple gun to the specifications of Anaxes. If you believe it needs tweaking, it would take me 5 seconds to do 😮 

1 minute ago, Garnet said:

I coded the grapple gun to the specifications of Anaxes. If you believe it needs tweaking, it would take me 5 seconds to do 😮 

Honestly, it's fine where it is. It was easily abusable, but now you cannot scale high mountains now. So maybe like a 5-15% power increase

• Forums Moderator
1 minute ago, Bortnik_ said:

Honestly, it's fine where it is. It was easily abusable, but now you cannot scale high mountains now. So maybe like a 5-15% power increase

Was just about to say it could use a slight buff. Anything big would be really annoying. But again, ClimbSWEP would be dope to have for ARC.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:20 PM, Garnet said:

I can see why you would restrict it to ARC, but at the same time, ARC already has the grappling hook. I think it should be added to all classes as to not be unfair with it, as well as allowing any trooper to get the high ground if wanted. Heck, it could even be turned into a training regiment.

• Forums Moderator
1 hour ago, WinterStorm said:

I can see why you would restrict it to ARC, but at the same time, ARC already has the grappling hook. I think it should be added to all classes as to not be unfair with it, as well as allowing any trooper to get the high ground if wanted. Heck, it could even be turned into a training regiment.

I disagree. Giving it to every player would just be annoying. It can be easily abused already and ARC tryouts are hard because of the weapons/items. I think it should still be restricted to ARC.

5 minutes ago, eli_ said:

I disagree. Giving it to every player would just be annoying. It can be easily abused already and ARC tryouts are hard because of the weapons/items. I think it should still be restricted to ARC.

I can see how this could be abused, yet most people/minges that join the server don't know how to use it. Even if someone knew how to use it, they'd have to practice, commiting more time to the server. The ARC class already has the grappling hook, which may get a buff. The classes without the grappling hook have a hard time climbing things that could easily be overcome with them having climb swep. There isn't much of a way to abuse climbSWEP, as many places can be achieved by simple jumping. I believe that it's be a fun addition for all classes, allowing something for all players to learn in order to better their experience.

I don't mean to argue over this, this is all I will push.

• 4 weeks later...

Accepted
Please bear in mind that this is not guaranteed to be added as it is another addon that needs to be put onto the server, it will be looked over by Garnet to see if it can happen. If it is implemented it will most likely be given to RANCOR, Alpha & RC as Batt ARC's have an insane amount of gear already.

@0zzy Lock and Move please.