Black Market Dealer Overhaul/Change/Addition

Description: Since the removal of Unbox a lot of weapons have currently been, unobtainable with current Players having them due to Inventory Pickup.  I was thinking of changing around his arsenal a bit and add some variety.  I was thinking you can/may keep the inventory the same if needed but to add the M9K Arsenal to the server through him, maybe even raise the level requirement to 16 to compensate for this matter.  Lockpick & Keypad cracker are perfect when Hitmen/Assassins come asking for them, M9 Bayonet is good if anyone actually buys those anymore.  Unarrest Stick & Frag Grenades (HL2 Grenade) are almost always bought by the Black Market Dealer so it's a win.  But the guns are just not needed, like yes it's helpful that there's a 3rd person that sells guns, but if a Black Market Dealer does it, it should either be A) Cheaper making him more profitable or B) Have some more ordnance.  I was thinking about adding the following to the Black Market Dealer with their cost(s) (Cost is subject to change per the owner/coders request as well as their damage buffs/nerfs; additionally any "Shipments" of these will just be the base cost x10):

*Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change and these are just opinion based costs*

RPG-7: $1,000,000

Rockets Ammo: $50,000

M79 GL (Single Fire Grenade Launcher): $500,000

40MM Grenades (For the Grenade Launcher): $25,000

Sticky Grenade: $30,000 (Double the cost of a Normal HL2 Grenade)

Frag Grenade: : $7,500 (Half the cost of a Normal HL2 Grenade considering their damage is Inconsistent and tends to not kill a player who has 100 HP 24/7)

Recommendations that don't have to be added but would add variety:

Matador (Basically a reskin of the RPG-7): $1,000,000

EX-41 (Single Fire Grenade Launcher with a 3 Round clip that's reloaded one at a time): $750,000

Milkor (Semi-Automatic Grenade Launcher with a 6 Round clip that's reloaded one at a time): $3,000,000

M202 (Buff version of the Matador/RPG-7 considering it holds 4 shots before reload): $5,000,000

Nitro Glycerine (Contact based Explosive in a ceramic housing): $250,000

Nerve Gas (Lingering based canister in a glass housing): $500,000

Prox Mine (Prox short for Proximity, can be used for entry denial on a base giving it a couple different purposes): $250,000

Timed C4 (Time based explosive where the user can blow themselves up if set to 0 seconds; to change timer just right click): $500,000

IED Detonator (Small phone that throws out remote explosives that look like a small box, can be mistaken for a prop): $1,250,000

For shit's and giggles as a teaser:

Davy Crockett: $1 Centillion (Nobody will ever get to this amount in GMod forever)

Reasoning: I believe it's time for Black Market Dealer to get an Overhaul or Change considering barely anyone uses it as everyone hops over to Export or Import gun dealer for guns.  Black market dealer sells weapons sure, but there all sold by Import/Export gun dealer as well.  Especially considering their Inventory compared to Black Market Dealer's Inventory it's kind of Pathetic.  Maybe up the level requirement and as well give it some more weapons.  I'm planning on M9K Specialties since those are where all the big bangs will happen.  Yes the Black Market Dealer is unique in how it does things however it doesn't go against say that things will change.

Additional Information [Photos/Videos] [/Code]: 

Black Market Dealers Inventory Currently: (Current Level to become Black Market Dealers: Level 12 )

kBpXUGh.jpg

Export Gun Dealers Inventory Currently: (Current Level to become Export Gun Dealers: Level 8 )

IS8IrbB.jpg

2yX1KOr.jpg

2T5I98G.jpg

Import Gun Dealers Inventory Currently: (Current Level to become Import Gun Dealers: Level 8 )

H2QQTCc.jpg

bbKapYX.jpg

VEq6slx.jpg

Current M9K Accessable on the server:

oVSy40h.jpg

Current M9K Ammunition on the server:

BGcs3rV.jpg

Edit 1: Damn emojis made it so some text was appearing incorrectly shortly after posting.

Edited by Kazdra | Beast
See Edit(s)

Just overlooking prices here-for most of those weapons I've tested them and some def. should not be added for the prices. These could destroy a server easily if not priced correctly. Especially if you consider how easy it is to get a million. When unbox was still around RPG-7's were 7mil and if we add in any items that can do 10x the damage and radius of it- it should be sold for a lot more. In fact I would rather that the only rpg that was sold by him was the standard half life one without mouse tracking. However I would like to see SOME of these added to the game because I think it would make the weapon arsenal a bit more fun. +1 

Edit: Garnet pls add Harpoon to the server its like the same thing as machete cept' it looks cooler and smoother.

Edited by xFish
Harpoon

+1 for me. I see it as a good idea to change some things for the black market dealer job. A few weapons I would probably leave out as there would be minging from trolls and whatnot . From what you said before about lockpicks and keypad crackers, an idea I had would be adding the “VIP” version of them as it would be easier for some classes to raid. If they were added, I wouldn’t be surprised if the price for them were high.

Guest proggy

We are not going to give a dealer class something that costs millions to purchase. Scamming/griefing would be a huge issue with it. 

We would more likely create an automated shop/kiosk/npc in spawn where you can buy expensive explosives and their ammo types. Ideally you could choose to send it to your inventory, bank, or your hands to avoid griefing.

I've always said the black market dealer should get a few more things though. So maybe some more items could go to him but nothing THAT expensive.

Guest proggy

Garnet Gaming

(partially) Accepted

We won't be adding any more explosives to the Black Market Dealer, however we may be able to find a few other things for him to sell.

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather forked over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to choose between implementation or not.