A clock/NLR Timer

sofaa

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] I am suggesting that there should be a clock located somewhere on the screen so that there is less confusion with when you can go back to the place you died and when you mug again etc. This would be something in the corner of the screen set to the same time as logs or a timer for 3 minutes that counts down and disappears when over. ( I don’t know if this would be hard to implement so this is just something i thought would help )

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] This would benefit the server by helping people (especially lower levels) when playing to make sure they don’t break the new life rule, there are a lot of reports on people that break NLR for the reason that they have to guess when they can go back, they usually complain that there is no NLR timer or clock for them to know if they can go back to the same spot they died or not. It could be a simple notification in the corner or something like a digital clock next to the amount of money you have.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos] - simple notification timer - https://filebin.net/6vd0vthnsvhdkjwr Digital clock - https://filebin.net/sblquwso7h89m1xl

I don’t play DRP, but I can confidently say I doubt this will be accepted. It should be your responsibility to keep track of your NLR timer. It would also be pretty hard(I would think)to code a timer whenever you die. It’s not really hard to do yourself anyways, if you play windowed full screen you can see the time, or I’m Sure you have your phone with you, so just set a timer on that whenever you die.

• Agree 1

I'm with Bortnik here sofa, not that I'm hating the idea because I do think it would help new players immensely especially since most new players are new to darkrp in general so they don't understand NLR. However it is the players job to keep a timer either in their head or using some external device for death timers and other things that have a time limit.

• Agree 1

Actually, its possible if its not a ULX exclusive thing to implement, another server has this feature where at the top it has a 240 second timer that starts as soon as you respawn that tells u when it is okay to come back to the area. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
27 minutes ago, GameClicher1 said:

A clock on the screen would be a very hard thing to implement, ESPECIALLY when players are in different time zones

What does time zones have to do with putting a little stopwatch at the top of ur screen???

+1

This would help out newer players who aren't keeping track of time when they die, but some people are arguing that it would be difficult to code a timer. If that's the case, then I'd say just leave it alone and don't implement it. However, if it's the other way around and it's not much of a hassle to code, then I'd say go ahead and add it to the server. If anything, it would help decrease the number of NLR reports. I understand players are expected to read the rules and follow the NLR rule, but I honestly don't think every player takes out their phones or tabs out just to set a timer every time they die. 

Edited by Boalp
  • Agree 1
  • 2 months later...