NLR Suggestion

-blitz

Hello everyone! I'd like to thank you all in advance for reading. In my short time as staff on the server I have received numerous complaints about the enforcement of NLR. Due to the lack of console evidence there is not much admins can do unless video evidence is provided by the reporter in a sit. I have noticed that other servers use NLR warning addons. There are some downsides to these types of addons such as being killed close to spawn. However, I don't see much harm in adding something that simply lets players know that they are too close to the area that they died. What do you guys think about implementing something like this?

example: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111509626

• Disagree 1
  • The Garnut
4 hours ago, -blitz said:

there is not much admins can do unless video evidence is provided by the reporter in a sit.

Every sit should start with the reporting side showing an administrator video evidence. So that is correct

4 hours ago, -blitz said:

There are some downsides to these types of addons

The only downside would be the fact that we cannot run these on our server due to our high population count. You have got to keep in mind we are the second most populated server in DarkRP, and already struggle to squeeze out decent performance.

• Agree 2
10 hours ago, -blitz said:

Hello everyone! I'd like to thank you all in advance for reading. In my short time as staff on the server I have received numerous complaints about the enforcement of NLR. Due to the lack of console evidence there is not much admins can do unless video evidence is provided by the reporter in a sit. I have noticed that other servers use NLR warning addons. There are some downsides to these types of addons such as being killed close to spawn. However, I don't see much harm in adding something that simply lets players know that they are too close to the area that they died. What do you guys think about implementing something like this?

example: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111509626

The solution to all this is pretty easy, wait 3 minutes or dont come back at all

• 300 IQ 1
On 10/3/2020 at 10:05 AM, Theta2 said:

The solution to all this is pretty easy, wait 3 minutes or dont come back at all

ye. the addon has an fps drop too if you care ab nlr so much just put a timer on ur phone or somethin 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...