Shelby the French - Moderator Application

Shelby101

In-game name: Shelby the French

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:75279064

Warns: 0 Warns

Timezone: UTC+2 (PARIS,MONACO)

Playtime?: | Shelby the French has played for 90:49:12.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes.

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes.

Referral(s): None.

Past experiences as staff: With over 3400+ hours on GMod, I've been able to mod, administrate and own servers. Most of the experience is from DarkRP (2015-2018), Star Wars RP (2016-2018) and Survival RP (back in 2016) with 1000h+ as a staff member. I've also owned a French server (GoldWolf RP back in 2016).

Why should we choose you over other applicants? :

Too begin with, I actively thrive on my ability to work with people. The social skills that I've been able to develop during my experiences overseas greatly amplified my need to work with others. As a future member of the French Gendarmerie, I take the way I behave seriously as I am looking forward to be part of a community of protectors. Assisting the ones in need, whether it is as a player or a mod, has always been a priority: the money I get is the money I give. All and all, with a strong foundation on social skills and past experience give me an edge when dealing with a situation involving interaction with one another. I strongly believe that my skills and past experience will benefit the community as a whole.

Second of all, my experience with this game is not one to be ignored. With more than 3400+ hours spent on GMod, I've created numerous skills and reflexes that I put to good use while playing. Having invested countless hours is roleplaying centered servers (semi-rp that is), from Star Wars RP as a disciplinary CO or Semi-RP Survival RP with a relaxed emphasis on RP, I surfaced the vast domain of RP and it's rules. Whether it's interaction with other players, or roleplaying on the server, I put my experience forward to prevent an event from going the wrong way. My habits and my discipline with the game is one of my strong points. Having staffed and owned several servers the past 6 years, I humbly say that moderating is not in anyway shape or form an obstacle to my capabilities. On the other hand, I am very excited to see what to player and staff community have to teach and surprise me with. This server, being the only one I currently play on, can only benefit from my knowledge and skill.

As I am living in France, I may be online playing while other time zones are sleeping. Encounters with French and Spanish speaking people are rare but you may ask me to translate. I'm chill and relaxed, I don't get into people's drama, I mind my own business but I'm always open for new discussions (and memes because that server is full of it).

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details : No permanent bans. I may remember some temporary bans from several years ago on French DarkRp servers. They included NLR and Meta Gaming (around 2015).

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No, I have not.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I play an hour or more a day, everyday.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? : Because of the current sanitary situation, I am awaiting to integrate the Gendarmerie school in France. Other than that, I take part in Krav Maga training sessions, tactical shooting with my local Air Force Base and I play with the local Basketball team.

Did you read the staff rules?: Shelby the French.

Edited by Shelby101
Updated time
  • Like 2

(+1)

aside from the playtime you have, you're an overall amazing person and fun to role-play with. I enjoy seeing you on and think you'd be a good active staff member. your application was more then great and It'd be nice to have more older people on the staff team. I hope for the best for you bud and can't wait to see where this goes. 

• Like 1

1+ 

The time zone difference alone would be a great help to the server and the community. I think you are also a good guy in game from the few interactions i’ve had with you. You’re previous experience is something we need more of in staff and your dedication to the server is something we love. Good luck man!

• Like 1

Accepted

Welcome to the team! 

Your well-written application with the positive support of the community has made this an easy decision.

You'll be receiving your rank before the end of the day. 

Contact Any DarkRP executive to receive your TeamSpeak Server Groups.

Please don't use any staff commands or go on duty until you have been trained by an L.Mod+.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1