DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

New ways to add use for money (just throwing ideas out there)

Weeb_

Ok some of these things may or may not be a tad bit over the top and unrealistic but I am gonna say them anyway. 

1. Missions - This would be a system that gives willing players a mission given by higher officers to do a certain thing such as getting intel from a contact or hacking a computer system. This would appeal to newer players and also make playing more fun for everyone. There would of course be a timer or something to prevent exploiting this. 

2. Challenges - Players would be given a challenge from a challenge board or an NPC or some mess and are given a set amount of time to complete it. The time for damaging challenges would of course be stopped when not war. This would also have a timer to prevent exploiting.

3. Stock Market(this is the more over the top one) - The players would have the option to invest in gun company's stocks with a fluctuating market with high risk-high reward style.

The 1st. & 2nd. ones are acquired by spending money on them. It rewards you with XP and/or credits/bunk decorations

Edited by WeebMaster
  • Creative 1
  • Disagree 3
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

#1 & #2 seem like ideas for getting money rather than spending money? Unless your line of thinking is that people pay money in order to receive missions and challenges. The question then becomes what do you get as a reward for completing the missions/challenges? Exp? Weapon Exp? Bunk Decorations?

I think a system like that would be very interesting tbh. Not impossible to code but not a walk in the park for Garnet. The NPC is easy, having a list of missions/challenges with fees is easy, and that's where it stops being easy. Each mission start would have to create its own dialogue, success/failure requirements, and spawns. Then upon success, the code would have to interconnect to the other (Exp, Bunk Decoration) addons. Again, not crazy but it would take some serious dev time without outsourcing.

EDIT: #3 is my shit but it doesn't belong here.

Edit #2: Please start following the format 

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs

So I really like idea #1 but the second and on the second one when you said challenges there is a duel NPC idk if that NPC still works but I know that there is one. The #3 one is just not related to the MRP I don’t think that people will want to start dealing with money investing like that.

tho in general that’s a good suggestion 

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

#1 & #2 seem like ideas for getting money rather than spending money? Unless your line of thinking is that people pay money in order to receive missions and challenges. The question then becomes what do you get as a reward for completing the missions/challenges? Exp? Weapon Exp? Bunk Decorations?

I will add some things to the suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...