BuddyTheFox's Staff Application

MisterShankie

In-game name: BuddyTheFox
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  76561198436058069
Warns: I believe 0, I am coming back after a year and haven't gotten any warns.
Timezone: EST
Playtime?:  | BuddyTheFox has played for 130:31:02.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): If I could say Smitty was one of those who stated I could apply again. I've also been making friends with a lot of regulars again.

Past experiences as staff:  I was once a moderator on Garnet Gaming in the past. It was a long time ago but I ended up going inactive as I had lost my computer and Gmod with it. So I had to get a new one due to the last one breaking. Now I am back and want to take my position again. I've been admin/mod on many occasions in my past. 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? As stated before, I was once a mod on garnet gaming already for the DarkRP server. I was accepted and handled sits/did my job very well. This not only makes me RELIABLE, but also the fact that I am active daily and that I am very charismatic with everyone. I enjoy the game, love the community, and this is the only server I've ever been interested in being staff on. I was staff once, why not make me staff again. By the way, that was back when the "Staff on duty" player model was a fat guy, lol. The good ol' days.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? Nope

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Back a long time ago, and I was accepted. I couldn't tell you the date, but it was over a year ago and I was a pretty decent staff member. I have just been inactive so I had to drop.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I can contribute hours daily. I work Monday through Friday 10am to 7pm (EST) then afterwards I can get on. I can say with guarantee I will be on daily. Now that I have this new computer.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Nothing much other than working and gaming. 

Did you read the staff rules?: BuddyTheFox (BTF)

• Disagree 1

-1, literally just posted a welcome back. I dont think a lot of the staff team has had interactions with you, however if people can vouch for you I can change this to a +1. Its just too soon in my opinion.

This was posted about 20 minutes or so before your staff application:

Also that is 1 paragraph for your "why you should be chosen over other applicants" and it really is not that great. Itd be nice if you just waited a week or two and got to know the new player base, and for sure improve on your paragraphs before you apply.

I think if you help make yourself known again, and you improve on your app/your next app (depending if this is accepted or not) you have the potential to get on the team. 🙂 (unless things are revealed about you that aren't exactly good)

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Agree 2
5 minutes ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

-1, literally just posted a welcome back. I dont think a lot of the staff team has had interactions with you, however if people can vouch for you I can change this to a +1. Its just too soon in my opinion.

This was posted about 20 minutes or so before your staff application:

Also that is 1 paragraph for your "why you should be chosen over other applicants" and it really is not that great. Itd be nice if you just waited a week or two and got to know the new player base, and for sure improve on your paragraphs before you apply.

I can't help but agree with you, I will be sure to wait a little while now. Worth a shot in all honesty.

• Winner 1

I’m kinda on the fence to be honest with you man. I see that you were staff sometime back but, even then so much has changed since then. Like shin stated too your paragraphs aren’t anything spectacular or anything. I do believe you have the potential to be a good fit for the team but I don’t know if right now is that time. -1 but I hope to see you succeed 

While I don't doubt that you're a chill dude, your staff app is not the best. Your paragraphs don't have much effort, all that it states is that you were staff before, therefore you should be staff again. I disagree. For one, you have low hours (which I understand as the pre-rec back then was only 24 hours). Second of all, you are quite unknown in the community as of the status quo. 

This being said, it doesn't mean that you cannot be accepted. I just think it's too early, as you just came back after a year+ (a lot happens in a year, 2020 as an example)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions:

• Make yourself known in the current community
    • Make bases with people, have a stand, introduce yourself! - plenty of things to achieve this
  • Put in more time into the server
    • Again, if you follow the previous advice, this will come naturally, but to be quite honest, you have low hours.
  • Make your paragraphs stronger
    • Put more effort into them!! Prove that you can put effort into the role!
    • Remember two paragraphs is the minimum 
    • It is great that you were previous staff! Keep that, but what else should we know? What else makes you stand out?

Again, you show tremendous potential, but you're not quite there yet for me.

Best of luck,

TooRaw

• Winner 1

i don't know if i got a say in this but if i do i would -1 

Reasons

1- you did not even put that much effort into the paragraphs you wrote two sentences 

2- you said you were remove from staff cause you were inactive, so that means sometimes it can be hard to trust you on jobs 

3-  i don't know if its just me but i have never seen you on this server  (and the sit thing all staff have to do sits)

(if you edit it and fix it up then i would change it ) 

• Like 1
On 11/22/2020 at 9:34 PM, BuddyTheFox said:

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):  76561198436058069

This is not the steam ID we are looking for. You entered your STEAM id 64 instead of your STEAM id. Ill do you a favor and give your the STEAM id that we wanted: STEAM_0:1:237896170

You can grab your STEAM id in game by typing in /id and then your in game (RP) name. Other than that, your response in section, why should we choose you over other applicants, needs a major buff.

-1 For now. Fix these and I may change my mind.

1 minute ago, GameClicher said:

This is not the steam ID we are looking for. You entered your STEAM id 64 instead of your STEAM id. Ill do you a favor and give your the STEAM id that we wanted: STEAM_0:1:237896170

You can grab your STEAM id in game by typing in /id and then your in game (RP) name. Other than that, your response in section, why should we choose you over other applicants, needs a major buff.

-1 For now. Fix these and I may change my mind.

Likely gonna completely repost