- Mr Therapist - Moderator application

Mr_Therapist

In-game name: Mr Therapist FUBAR
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):

STEAM_0:1:526995662

Warns: RDM
Timezone: Mountain Standard Time
Playtime?: 80:25:14
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] I do have a microphone and I can get TeamSpeak.
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] No one
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] 
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I feel like I should be picked over other applicants because I am on very often I've gotten my hours up super quick so I'm really active. I am pretty familiar with the rules because I had around 300 hours on the Garnet #2 server that was taken down and the rules seem to be similar. There are moments that I can get heated but that's only when someone does something to me. I can remain fairly calm and patient if I'm needed to. I feel like I've made a lot of good friends in this server and I feel like majority of players who play a lot know of me. Also I feel like I've been very nice for the majority of time I've been on this server even though I have gotten heated in sits a few times. Overall I'm super active and I would really enjoy being able to help out on the server with dealing with sits and problems.
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Yes, I once was banned for NITRP because at this time I thought the NLR timer meant I can return during raids. During the time I got raided me and my friend were being raided contently for several hour by people who didn't advert so I was already tired and mad. When i broke NLR and killed the raider it was considered RMD. While in the sit I was mad from everything happening so I was getting mad at the guy who reported me so I got diss in sit.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: around 6-10 hour daily
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I enjoy school, football, baseball, video games, and twitch streaming
Did you read the staff rules?: Mr Therapist 

Edited by Mr_Therapist
  • Disagree 3

Haven't had any issues in game with him, however this app isn't very good:

-Make it longer

-Barely beats the 72 hour mark

-You say you knew the rules from Garnet #2 but still got a NITRP ban. I suggest you spend some more time understanding the server, and making connections with other community members.

(-1)

46 minutes ago, Mr_Therapist said:

it was considered RMD

Your lack of girth on the app paired with this, what I presume to be a typo, tells me you did not spend any time on this at all. You also show anger all over the app which does not give me great hope for your staffing abilities. Even if you added paragraphs I could not honestly change my rating based off what I have already seen here. -1

While I do agree with the paragraphs and the typos, the problem is that a lot of people are complaining about the time requirement. He still met the time requirement. Why should there be a time requirement if even though you're over it, you still get -1'd?

I'm neutral on this app, I was just confused about why people are getting on him for the time requirement.

Edited by StillWohMi
neutral
9 hours ago, PIuto said:

Your lack of girth on the app paired with this, what I presume to be a typo, tells me you did not spend any time on this at all. You also show anger all over the app which does not give me great hope for your staffing abilities. Even if you added paragraphs I could not honestly change my rating based off what I have already seen here. -1

where are the typos?

1 minute ago, PIuto said:

In the part where you put "RMD"

Oh thank you I didn't see that

9 hours ago, Meetro said:

Haven't had any issues in game with him, however this app isn't very good:

-Make it longer

-Barely beats the 72 hour mark

-You say you knew the rules from Garnet #2 but still got a NITRP ban. I suggest you spend some more time understanding the server, and making connections with other community members.

(-1)

Thank you for the input, but at the same time I did pass the 72 hour mark so I don't think it's fair to call me out on that.

• Informative 1

Although I have never had any negative in-game experiences with you, I feel as though this application needs more work. You have just managed to do the absolute minimum to have this app even considered. I am more than willing to overlook that but there needs to be more effort in this application. You application should be a direct reflection of how you and your work ethic will be if you were to be accepted. I will be looking for revisions that will change my answer. 

Edited by AnthonyHBTL
10 hours ago, Mr_Therapist said:

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Yes, I once was banned for NITRP because at this time I thought the NLR timer meant I can return during raids. During the time I got raided me and my friend were being raided contently for several hour by people who didn't advert so I was already tired and mad. When i broke NLR and killed the raider it was considered RMD. While in the sit I was mad from everything happening so I was getting mad at the guy who reported me so I got diss in sit.

e372858ee7aa4edb743d2b137f60c673.png

Whoopsie forgot a few.

There are moments that I can get heated

even though I have gotten heated in sits a few times

so I was already tired and mad.

Here's your steam id by the way: STEAM_0:1:526995662

• Haha 1
Just now, Mr_Therapist said:

when were the ban on there because I do not at all remember that 

November 12th 

May 14th

and March 31st 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No

2974bffc2757db357e130ea4a43d3990.png

STEAM_0:1:526995662

• Haha 1

Ive seen you a few times in game and generally never had an issue with you however,

-Only have one paragraph when minimum is 2

-A few grammatical errors

-A few bans that werent mentioned

-Previous Staff App that wasnt mentioned

In general i dont think that you really put in the time and effort into your staff app and because of those reasons your other few infractions cant be overlooked.

6 hours ago, StillWohMi said:

While I do agree with the paragraphs and the typos, the problem is that a lot of people are complaining about the time requirement. He still met the time requirement. Why should there be a time requirement if even though you're over it, you still get -1'd?

I'm neutral on this app, I was just confused about why people are getting on him for the time requirement.

I'm not giving him a -1 just because of the time he has on the server. It seems as he rushed the hours and wrote a quick application; if he put more effort into his application, the rating would have been different.