snip

ShortysaysWOAH

42 minutes ago, ShortysaysWOAH said:

Description:

Change or perhaps add to the policy, "You may not handle your own sits UNLESS deemed necessary, and there's no other staff members online,"

to

"You may not handle your own sits that would warrant anything below a day ban. This excludes verbal warnings and re-education directed towards new players. If you do handle a sit that would warrant a 2 day+ ban, you must be able to prove with VIDEO EVIDENCE that (1) multiple players were affected (2) the offense in progress had potential to become widespread and affect multiple players (3) the offense had actually occurred.  Administrators+ reserve the right to audit you by asking for the evidence."

Reasoning: During the covid-19 pandemic, we will see more players on our server. While an increased playercount will be a plus to the community, we will also see an higher-than-usual caseload for rulebreakers (especially during peak server hours). With more players on the server, we will be met with situations to which one or more players will attempt to disrupt the roleplay environment we work so hard to maintain. To combat this, senior administration must consider changing certain policies  that serves more as a barrier to us moderators than it does protect the community. The above policy is an example of what should be changed to allow quick action against players with significant potential to cause harm to the roleplay environment. 

Reporting is a very important tool for players to use- but that goes without saying that it has resulted in delayed responses to propminging, MRDM, etc. Staff need to act quickly to stop and resolve these instances before the situation becomes widespread. Staff members are expected to record evidence for every ban they place, this means that they will be expected to prove their justification for immediate intervention and that the offense charged had actually occurred. This should be looked at as more of a "in case of emergency" ability than it would be common practice. 

Example Situation under current policy

• Player A begins to spawn multiple props under several players
  • Administrator A witnesses this, but cannot act without a report from another player. He creates a report himself but responses are delayed. 
  • A report is delayed because these players are new or unaware that @ chat does not count as a report. 
  • Player A continues to affect multiple players. The staff member becomes affected as well and makes a report, which prevents them from acting against player A
  • There is a delay in another administrator taking the reports as staff are either busy or are in a RP situation.
  • Situation continues to grow.
  • Administrator B takes the sit. 

Example Situation under new policy

• Player A begins to spawn multiple props under several players.
  • Administrator A witnesses this and can prove player A performed the offense. He freezes the player and follows the D3 procedure. 
  • Administrator A handles player A, the situation becomes resolved. 
  • Senior Administrator may elect to audit Administrator A's action or the player may appeal. To which, administrator A would provide evidence of the situation. 

The reason staff members are not allowed to take their own sits is to prevent bias and abuse, this most likely will not change.

• Agree 4

I was gonna make a snarky remark on how a vip mod was making this but this whole thing is so hard to understand. These rules are beyond confusing and basically allows vip mods to do fuckall when theres other staff on. You know whats gonna happen when a VIP mod hears that this is a thing?

VIP Mod gets raided

VIP Mod gets pissed

VIP Mod Makes report on raider

VIP Mod Takes own sit on raider

VIP Mod warn stacks the shit outta the raider and gets him kicked.

Just don't take ur own sits lmao

1 minute ago, ShortysaysWOAH said:

I don't see what my rank has to do with anything. Also, did you read the entire suggestion? Because I provided a list of parameters that must be met by the administrator. 

Some people buy/apply for mod just to fuck with it in the end. If this would (most likely wont) be a system then a vip mod could just start to warn everyone because he wants to

Clear -1 

I understand how "taking your own sit" COULD help however there are so many things wrong with it

-For one you are going to be bias no matter who you are. It is your sit with only your perspective so you will only truly see your own side.

-For two this can be heavily abused not only to ban people you don't like but to also make your sit count go up while you never actually did anything to help the server

I get it you want to just deal with it but just no 

• Agree 1

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I can see where you are coming from. You all are right, having us be able to handle our own sits could open the door to bias- I tried to avoid that issue by suggesting for us to only act on the urgent matters such as MRDM, propapam, etc. 

Edit: This policy was already in place, per executives. Snipped.

Edited by ShortysaysWOAH

Although this could potentially help the server in many ways, there are just too many ways this can be abused. I really do see where you are coming from but it is always best to have two perspectives, regardless of the situation.