SSO Class Rework //

Soap-

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
The Current Weapon on the SSO Assault/Commander/Frontier/Aegis is the SA80, The Guns main issues lie in the fact it has low dmg and seems to have a very wide aim spread,
the weapon is very inconsistent and is easily outclassed by most other default class weapons. It also does not fit the CQC focus of SSO and seems out of place on the classes,
the weapon has such a bad reputation that there is a common joke amongst Current and XSSO players that it should be a requirement to own an AEK to join the faction [of course this is not a requirement]

So in my opinion the SA80 should be replaced with another weapon that would better fit the faction as a CQC faction and would be more consistent,
There are many unused weapons however I believe the Versek would be one of the best fits - this is because of the Mid/High Fire Rate of the weapon, the faster time to kill, and it lends its self better to CQC.
So this would be mean the Versek would Replace the SA80 on the Assault/Commander/Aegis Whitelist.

As for the Frontier WL I believe the SA80 Should be completely removed from this WL and replaced with the medkit, as this class comes equipped with the Kriss Vector Which lends its self well to CQC and also is still viable at mid range,
The Vector on the Frontier WL completely eliminates the need for a AR on the Class as the Vector is Flexible enough on its own. 
Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

These changes would greatly increase the usability of the weapons and utilities on the SSO classes,
It would allow SSO to play more into the CQC style as it is supposed to without the members requiring donor weapons to be competitive in these environments,
It would also Make the Faction more appealing as the Current weapon of the SA80 is so inconsistent it causes player to avoid the WL.
And in the Current map Omega the focus has been shifted from mid/long range gun fights to CQC fights and with some mid range sniping, and as a CQC focus faction this would better equip the members for the current environment 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

https://youtu.be/O_aGUJ6BhNs [This Video was made by XSSO Col Stork @Soappppp on this topic around 9 months ago]

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

The SA80 also has a strange playstyle where, its only really effective as a hipfire weapon. Making it an AR that's most effective use is for aimless spray and pray style of gunplay. Couple that with low damage, low fire rate, and strange amounts of spread, you have an FMG that just straight up doesn't work.

I'm not to sure about the Veresk as I haven't used it myself or really seen much of it. But I do know we currently have good weapons in the credits shop in game that are underused because they're tied to a system most players prefer not to use aside from payroll and medkits. The FAMAS could be a great replacement for the SA80 imo. There is also the SIG which from my gathering has a similar feel and use to the G36C for PDSS Tactical whitelist.

I +1 the suggestion for changing out the weapon in general, but I would like to see more alternatives which could possibly be used.

+1, Back when I was in SSO during the original release of Echo and I can personally say no one in the entire faction used that gun outside of tryouts. There's just too many better alternatives. If I'm correct and the gun is still the same as it was before then it does need a much needed upgrade or change.

When i was first in SSO with Ethan on taiga, SSO had the ak103 im pretty sure. (could have been the 105, i mix them up a bit) But i know a lot more people used that gun when we had it. It was actually a decent gun instead of the SA80 that we have now. And from the people i have seen in SSO, barely anybody actually uses the mac11, even though imo it is crazy when firerate broke.  Unless my memory is buggy, we tried to get rid of the SA80 before this, and had decided to either replace it with the SIG or the AUG. The veresk is a decent weapon, was actually insane when first person wasnt locked in war, but we already have an SMG. The SIG is a good weapon that could work with some tweaks.