JackJJ

Who are you reporting? [Staff/Player]: Staff
Your in-game name: Jack JJ
Your SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:70210533
In-game name of reportee: H̶E̶X̶ Metro
SteamID of reportee (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:92634640
Date & Time of incident: 12/24/2020 4:19 AM
Timezone: EST
What happened? (include any proof): I don't have any beef or anything against Metro, but how are you going to shoot an RPG outside of the building you're raiding, especially as a VIP Mod? This just puts a bad taste in my mouth and sets a terrible example for newcomers, people who play the server, and fellow staff members as well.

• Disagree 1

MY POV

I was attempting to raid Kexciu's base. The argument here is that I shouldnt be shooting rockets at a base when many players are nearby. As you can see in the video im shooting rockets at their props. If I show a longer version of the clip, you can see me check to see if theyre in the building. I raided at this time because the base owners were distracted and stood near their props, so I attempted to raid. 

Edited by Meetro
  • 300 IQ 2
59 minutes ago, Meetro said:

MY POV

I was attempting to raid Kexciu's base. The argument here is that I shouldnt be shooting rockets at a base when many players are nearby. As you can see in the video im shooting rockets at their props. If I show a longer version of the clip, you can see me check to see if theyre are in there. I raided at this time because the base owners were distracted and stood near their props, so I attempted to raid. 

How does shooting rockets at their props and making sure the base owners are there convince us that you didn't mass rdm or obliterate everyone on the street with your rockets who had nothing to do with the raid?

4 minutes ago, PIuto said:

Also in case you didn't know if you are standing beside a base that is being raided it is your responsibility to get your ass out of the way.

Maybe it's a good idea to move out of the way, but it isn't a requirement. The rules are there to protect you from being killed in a raid that you're not involved in, so it really isn't your responsibility to do anything. As long as you don't interfere with the raid itself, you have every right to live. Also, these two videos clearly show Metro mass rdming and you still supported him, you're a good friend.

I'm also going to make another post regarding Metro and the VIP Mod who handled the sit, but it's 6 in the morning and I'm struggling to edit the video, so I'll post it later today.

6 hours ago, DiegoZavier said:

@Meetro Can you upload this longer version you have?

As you can see near the start of the video, im checking to see if they are inside. My intent was to kill the owners of the base with my rockets, and get in. I end up getting countered and I see that. I didn't want to lose my M202 so I ran and /drop it, inventory it, then get killed. 

You can see here that I look into their base, fire about 6 rockets, and then get countered. I'm not sure if you can hear in the video, but I can hear myself getting chased down, and you can see I prep for the 1v1 (which I lose).

If I wasn't trying to kill the base owners, and was just trying to murder the street, I would've stopped shooting rockets after all the people on the street died. However, i continued shooting rockets at the base trying to make the attempt of killing the owners of the base.

I've done this on multiple occasions and every time I've been pulled into the sit it's been a clean sit because my rockets are hitting the base, not the street. I'm not quite understanding what makes this situation any different. Rockets must not have been thought of when the rule "you cannot kill nearby players who are outside the base" was made. I think we can all create a picture in our heads of a scenario where someone is obviously breaking this rule. Im not going up to every single player near the base and shooting them down 1 by 1. I am simply trying to rocket the base owners, as they are close to the front of the base(by their fading doors). This is when rockets are the most effective option, so I decided to use them. If I felt that I was in the wrong for rocketing the base's props, I wouldn't have done it. I'm not the type to just run around and shoot up the street, I am simply trying to get in the base. I know kexciu and I know how much he farms, I was simply trying to get in and complete the raid.

2 hours ago, Meetro said:

As you can see near the start of the video, im checking to see if they are inside. My intent was to kill the owners of the base with my rockets, and get in. I end up getting countered and I see that. I didn't want to lose my M202 so I ran and /drop it, inventory it, then get killed. 

You can see here that I look into their base, fire about 6 rockets, and then get countered. I'm not sure if you can hear in the video, but I can hear myself getting chased down, and you can see I prep for the 1v1 (which I lose).

If I wasn't trying to kill the base owners, and was just trying to murder the street, I would've stopped shooting rockets after all the people on the street died. However, i continued shooting rockets at the base trying to make the attempt of killing the owners of the base.

I've done this on multiple occasions and every time I've been pulled into the sit it's been a clean sit because my rockets are hitting the base, not the street. I'm not quite understanding what makes this situation any different. Rockets must not have been thought of when the rule "you cannot kill nearby players who are outside the base" was made. I think we can all create a picture in our heads of a scenario where someone is obviously breaking this rule. Im not going up to every single player near the base and shooting them down 1 by 1. I am simply trying to rocket the base owners, as they are close to the front of the base(by their fading doors). This is when rockets are the most effective option, so I decided to use them. If I felt that I was in the wrong for rocketing the base's props, I wouldn't have done it. I'm not the type to just run around and shoot up the street, I am simply trying to get in the base. I know kexciu and I know how much he farms, I was simply trying to get in and complete the raid.

If you have a problem with the rules, then talk to proggy and Garnet about it, but you still know what the rules are and you clearly broke them.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
1 hour ago, JackJJ said:

If you have a problem with the rules, then talk to proggy and Garnet about it, but you still know what the rules are and you clearly broke them.

what rule did he break exactly? he raided a base and the rocket explosion radius is a lot bigger than he expected, in his pov you can clearly see he shot every rocket at the base with no intention of shooting in the street. There's 2 options here: 1. ban metro for a week for unintentional mass and get garnet to remove explosives from unbox or 2. do nothing because he didn't break any rules. If your not allowed to use explosives on a base then what's the point in having them?

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
1 hour ago, Spilq said:

what rule did he break exactly? he raided a base and the rocket explosion radius is a lot bigger than he expected, in his pov you can clearly see he shot every rocket at the base with no intention of shooting in the street. There's 2 options here: 1. ban metro for a week for unintentional mass and get garnet to remove explosives from unbox or 2. do nothing because he didn't break any rules. If your not allowed to use explosives on a base then what's the point in having them?

You can use explosives on a base, but if there’s people nearby, it’s going to be RDM. He shot explosives at a base with many people around. I’m sure he knows how explosives work, and even if he doesn’t, he still mass rdm’d no matter the intent.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, WreckEMsaints said:

Collateral damage from his raid is something out of his control. Literally do you think he intended to cause them damage? He was raiding you, not them. -1

I see people getting punished for RDM from crossfire all the time, and this situation is no different. Why shouldn’t he be punished? Also, he wasn’t raiding me, I was one of the people who were rdm’d. Finally, I have to say this like 1000 times, it doesn’t matter what he intended to do, he still mass rdm’d.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

You may not kill nearby players unless they're inside the building in which you're raiding.

• You may kill the owner(s) of base/CPs and or people who are interfering/countering.

Metro clearly broke this rule amongst 3+ people.

• 300 IQ 3
in my honest opinion. metro should`ve known that explosions do areal damage, and the fact that he also did proceed with the raid after like 7 people died "that was outside" he should`ve stopped.

he clearly didnt care about the people around him as he`s well known with explosives and should know that they will easily kill anyone around them (without) perks.

as of jack`s perspective i can tell that he was damaged before even walking out the door. and also killed after.

Summary:

I Think this is a valid report given reasons:

1. he raided and killed alot of people outside, yes even if it was unnintentional he still proceeded to shoot more rockets and ending up killing a few other people.

2: i wish i was there to handle the sit instead, this was clear that it wasnt just (1 shot and then he stopped) he shot multiple times and killed people at 3 different occations.

3:  also what metro did not realise, what if all those people had perks and extra guns? lets say maybe 7 had perks, that`d still be a minimum of 140k (non vip perks).

4: and the fact that he also said " they`re right on the raid" i saw multiple people that was standing far back. (not remotely by the raid. some of top of the motel).

5: and i`ve watched to about 17 minutes into the sit, it seems like metro is just dragging this out and repeating himself " why would i handicap myself like that" thats the second or third time ive seen that (atlest)

6: and Not Carl, the fact that u said "its not his fault that people are there" thats true, but has no standing what so ever, thats just like me mass rdming people that have no relation to the base what so ever, aka this isnt even a valid reason to justify rdm.

7: i find it a bit compassionate that carl said "if the people where there and got killed, too bad".

8: the fact that he said "THREATENING A MOD!" with a high pitched voice like its something bad (its not unless regarding ddos or dox), he said he`s reporting.

9: rule carl was reffering to about the radius was, wich clearly states CP or base owners. and heres another example for u carl. The you may not kill rule (fully pasted) as u can see, not a single person was messing with the doors.

• You may kill the owner of the base you are raiding/CP if they are in the raid area.

You may not kill nearby players unless they're inside the building in which you're raiding.

• You may kill the owner(s) of base/CPs and or people who are interfering/countering.
    • Example: Player(s) continuously opening or closing doors.

and @JackJJ i completely agree about the have to read rules part, but sadly people can use the rule book/D3a`s ect to get the answers wich is a bit dumb.

aka: i feel like they planned this by the video i`d conclude that carl was highly biased towards metro given the situation, and ignored jack jj.

all in all:

The sit was handled poorly, proof was clearly strong enough, any idea of debunking people messing with the raid is also debunked. Its just purely mass rdm and trying to get away with it.

13 hours ago, WreckEMsaints said:

Collateral damage from his raid is something out of his control. Literally do you think he intended to cause them damage? He was raiding you, not them. -1

the first time i agree with wreck, but the fact that he proceeded to kill more people after is purely intentional.

Edited by royk01
  • Agree 2

With regard to the rpg specifically, while a useful base-raiding tool, and somewhat overpowered compared to any other weapon, the rpg has its own pros and cons from other weapons.

Let me be clear here, I am not stating if Metro was in the right or wrong; simply, what led to this situation.

My main point here is to explain that the rpg can easily be used to claim accidental rdm. Therefore, you should ONLY shoot a rocket if the surrounding area is completely clear, even away from high-population areas.

I personally feel that being able to wall bang with it is the most effective feature. But use of the tool comes with all the consequences of your misactions. As with any explosive, there is a large blast radius, if you are in that radius it is almost certain death. It is up to the person using the explosive to be certain that they will not take out un-intended targets. If they do, then each non-rp kill is counted toward Mass RDM.

Additionally, some advise, HEX Metro, with you being staff, you should be much more cautious of the explosive weapons on the server. I'm not saying never use them, but try to be conservative with your use of radius-based weapons all-together. A feed is nice, but is it really worth the punishment?

• Agree 1

Accepted

There is nothing in the rules that say your splash damage is allowed to kill people in the street.
Explosives have a downside, which is the splash damage that you must be mindful of. 
If people want to use explosives to defend themselves or raid bases, that is fine, but you are responsible for any damage on innocent players.

You may only kill people outside of a base during raids if they are interfering with your raid by countering, bodyblocking doors, spamming doors.
Police and base owners are also allowed to be killed in the raid vicinity, within reason.

We won't punish accidental kills of splash damage if it seems like the 'victim' is intentionally running into the raid area to be killed (basically if they are trying to bait punishments).
However that isn't what happened here. If the area is not clear to use explosives, do not use them.

Metro will be banned for mass rdm.
The status of his rank on the server will be determined on the next Staff Roster.