DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Changing of Basecamp Rules for Current Map

Dillan

Description: Changing of the base camp rules revolving around the concept of keeping people within their arches of their base. Currently the meta revolves around getting to set spots of the opposing army's arches and camping people within their own arch, keeping them from leaving a necessary bottleneck. The reason I'm suggesting this, is frankly its not fun to play against for either side. The example occurred on 12/30/2020 at approximately 2000 hours. The player count before the war started was approximately 80 players, and dropped to 66 as the war progressed. While the example is used from a US prospective, this does occur for RU players as well. I suggest for the change to make it if your within your bases arches during war, you are considered in your base. While this might cause issues in terms of sits, if you are performing this action in the first place you aren't playing a war, your just shooting of the train to kill buffalo.

Reasoning: The reasoning is, if your within that arch and shoot out of it, it allows for clearing of the soldiers holding you in the bottleneck. During the 5 minute mark you are allowed to move past the enemy arches. It causes people to quit if they aren't having fun. If your a good player, you can just shoot them as they leave the arch, which almost has the same standard, just less unfair advantage on your side.

Additional Information: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072306525/screenshots/?appid=0&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid ----View the screenshots for the mention date and time-frame above.

We are currently getting a rework to a lot of weapons, later down the line the meta is probably gonna shift away from basecamping being the norm (hopefully). I think the best course for now is to wait for the weapons update, and see if the meta shifts away from basecamp with the changes to sniping.

• Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
49 minutes ago, Kendal said:

We are currently getting a rework to a lot of weapons, later down the line the meta is probably gonna shift away from basecamping being the norm (hopefully). I think the best course for now is to wait for the weapons update, and see if the meta shifts away from basecamp with the changes to sniping.

It has never shifted from basecamp on other weapon updates unfortunately. Basecamp has always been the most dominate playstyle, and with the arches as they are in the rule, any weapon can be used and has for the bottleneck currently. The reason this basecamp is more of an issue is because its neccesary to cross said points. There isn't a possible flank for 3 arches that can constantly have people focusing on them.

1 hour ago, Dillan said:

It has never shifted from basecamp on other weapon updates unfortunately. Basecamp has always been the most dominate playstyle, and with the arches as they are in the rule, any weapon can be used and has for the bottleneck currently. The reason this basecamp is more of an issue is because its neccesary to cross said points. There isn't a possible flank for 3 arches that can constantly have people focusing on them.

Well what you're suggesting doesn't really do anything at all to prevent Basecamp. It's incredibly easy to sit at the arches currently, and wait for US to leave their base. People get killed directly outside of their base constantly. 

Nothing will change with what you suggested. Players can still wait near the arches, and kill those who come out of them. 

43 minutes ago, Kendal said:

Well what you're suggesting doesn't really do anything at all to prevent Basecamp. It's incredibly easy to sit at the arches currently, and wait for US to leave their base. People get killed directly outside of their base constantly. 

Nothing will change with what you suggested. Players can still wait near the arches, and kill those who come out of them. 

It allows for better clearing opertunity around said corners, you can sit on archs and shoot them as soon as they get out of base currently, with this implementation, it forces them to hold back. This is a moderate solution. I chose this parameter due to it being unreasonable to suggest something like arch render due to it being relativly close to objectives. 

As a member of US, I'd like to state that this is a REALLY big problem. I've seen PVTs just sit out of war because they can't even make it to the arches. If we can change this rule to arches being considered basecamp, it may not be as one sided. It would require the dominating side to actually play defensively rather playing offensively.

In short, this would really help out map balancing.

There is a staff meeting tomorrow and we will talk about that as well and see what we can do.

tho i do agree the current basecamp rule is bad we will try to change it to be fit for all also there is going to be a gun change very soon so all the combat is going to change. meaning it will not just be people quick scoping next to arch.

Again, and I cannot stress this enough, changing the basecamp rule to count Inside arches as US/RU base won't do anything to stop basecamp. It'll just mean you're getting killed right outside of arches instead of directly outside of base. Organizing pushes to clear "basecampers" will be just as effective in this case as it currently is. I am for other suggestions, but I don't see this current one as anything different, you'll end up dying the same, frustrated in the same way, just a few feet farther from your base than usual

8 hours ago, Kendal said:

Again, and I cannot stress this enough, changing the basecamp rule to count Inside arches as US/RU base won't do anything to stop basecamp. It'll just mean you're getting killed right outside of arches instead of directly outside of base. Organizing pushes to clear "basecampers" will be just as effective in this case as it currently is. I am for other suggestions, but I don't see this current one as anything different, you'll end up dying the same, frustrated in the same way, just a few feet farther from your base than usual

Well I feel as though we both see each others points, and while we want a similar end goal, we don't have the same execution in mind. Even if my suggestion is only a small amount of difference, I dont see another option that would be too drastic. 

+1. While I haven't played MilRP for long, Basecamping has been one of the most infuriating instances of gameplay. I thought about making a suggestion to either widen the arches, expand them, or to just remove the walls entirely, however I feel that basecamping rules should definitely change. Shit's annoying, man.