Stun Stick Rules

I think one of the most annoying things in this game mode (besides being countering while solo-raiding) is being hit by a stun stick for no reason, or SSA. In the current rules there is not much you can do to combat this act (to my knowledge i could be very wrong). My proposal is after being hit 3 times (the 4th time) you should be allowed to kill the person SSAing. This would probably have to come with another rule like you would have to leave the are your at unless you are in a rp situation or something around these lines.

Note: This is just a suggestion and it probably is a stupid idea but I think it would demote the use of stun stick abusing, but hey, what do i know.

10 hours ago, Oatlife said:

I think one of the most annoying things in this game mode (besides being countering while solo-raiding) is being hit by a stun stick for no reason, or SSA. In the current rules there is not much you can do to combat this act (to my knowledge i could be very wrong). My proposal is after being hit 3 times (the 4th time) you should be allowed to kill the person SSAing. This would probably have to come with another rule like you would have to leave the are your at unless you are in a rp situation or something around these lines.

Note: This is just a suggestion and it probably is a stupid idea but I think it would demote the use of stun stick abusing, but hey, what do i know.

SSA is Failrp. make a report.

I understand what you're saying, sometimes you don't want to spend your time in a report and just want the person to stop. However, I'm not sure if stun sticks have their own logs, or will show up damage logs as 0 DMG or not show up at all, so then we'll have to make a new log for the stun sticks, which most likely won't happen. Also, this can possible backfire on you as they can report you for rdm and just make some lie on why they Stun Sticker you. Either way, you'll still get a warn from it.

Not worth it, I know what your saying, but either report and if there's none do /demote (name) (reason)

Edited by Tripppy

Honestly would make more sense to remove the Stun Stick as a whole. It has no use in any RP situation and if it is used at any time it is considered Stun Stick Abuse. Never understood why they had it in the first place, and as stated above, just report SSA with recording or picture proof. In my opinion, that would make for a much better suggestion.

-1. Also as stated above, you can always have the person demoted if there is no staff online.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Lmao this was made such a long time ago, it was resurfaced because someone was tryna get them 15+ Forum post for a fat promotion. Let’s let this one die please and thank you.

Edited by Vince

The thing is I get were you are coming from. SSA is failrp and I know from personal experience that screenshotting SSA is hard to do and it gives people who are not recording a disadvantage, but killing people for SSA is using an in game RP situation to solve a OOC problem. Which is no different then rdming someone for dis in OOC which we all know isn't the right thing to do.

A counter suggestion would be add one of 3 suggestions: 

1. Make the stun stick do 1 hp so that staff can see when it does damage and putting it under the ARDM/RDM category while making it not do so much damage that it will kill a lot of people. 

2. Make to so that the stun stick will appear in logs.

3. remove  the stun stick all together considering I haven't seen it used practically except in a few rare occasions    

• 9 months later...
  • The Garnut

So the stunstick has absolutely no practical use, with that being said, it's such a staple part of DarkRP, that I will be keeping it. HOWEVER, it will deal 25 damage when used to hit a player, thus displaying in the logs and pointing at abuse (SSA/RDM).

Stay tuned for the next update!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1