DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Raiding rules addition/specification

eXg IPL4YG4MES

Description: Requiring an advert of "PD raid" instead of just "raid" for the PD.

Reasoning:  As of yet, a raiding class can just advert the traditional "raid" on the PD. This change gives the CP a heads up on a raid on their HQ which is important; being that the NLR rule is very much different in this scenario. As this is the ONE specific time a raid is different from the rest, it should be given its distinction. (As raiding the bank is now just a "raid" as well.)

Additional Information: N/A

1 hour ago, Atheol said:

-1; seems kind of useless. At the end of the day the person is still raiding and 9/10 times they will either advert "pd raid" or tell you they were raiding pd

The rules with CP are much different when raiding the PD compared to a standard raid. I’ve rarely seen anyone actually advert PD raid, and the handful of people that actually tell you they’re pd raiding are the same people over and over. 

This would just “organize” the adverts a little more and add clarity 

34 minutes ago, Starlepsy said:

I’ve rarely seen anyone actually advert PD raid, and the handful of people that actually tell you they’re pd raiding are the same people over and over. 

I see it all the time. I think to myself, "Why? You could've just adverted raid and nobody would know!"

I think a rule change is unnecessary, but either way is fine.

It does make more sense, but I've never seen anyone have a problem with the lack of forced "PD Raid" adverts(other than you).

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, JimtheScubaDiver said:

It does make more sense, but I've never seen anyone have a problem with the lack of forced "PD Raid" adverts(other than you).

It appears as a report in sits many times of police not knowing someone is raiding PD because of the traditional advert. 

-1 I definitely like where your head's at when it comes to clarifying the rules of engagement for a PD raid, but I don't think a new rule is really needed. People advertising "PD Raid" (at least in my experience) is already very commonplace today, and I'd argue it's up to the Police/Mayor to pay attention and communicate back to their force. Layering on new rules and extra hoops to jump through seem like it would causes more headaches than it would alleviate.

• Like 1