Ability to cycle models on a custom class

murph0981

Description: Give the ability to cycle through models on a custom class. Something like adding a number after the command for a cc (EX: /cc 1 for Skeleton, /cc 2 for Phoenix) 
Not adding the number at the end gives a random model.

Reasoning: It would make life easier for people with multiple models, and may even get people to buy multiple models more often.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
On 3/6/2021 at 2:00 AM, Atheol said:

This is an issue when your cc has more than 1 model and its not on the f4 model so you have to kys to go to the model you want.

This shouldn't be too difficult to partially implement. Whenever you select a specific model in the F4 menu, the gamemode saves that locally in a database to your client - so any time you become that class (through F4 or command) it will always use your selected model. And because there is no possible way to select a preferred model for your custom class already, it should already be selecting a random model for your class if you have more than one available.

Now, I'd have to do some testing of my own to get it working properly without potentially breaking other things - but I can already tell you that it won't be exactly as this suggestion is written. It wouldn't be possible to force it to select a random model if you don't provide a number without some messy and unnecessary code.

Better explanation, in order:
1. You swap to your job using the command without a number: "/myjob" -> no model is saved in the local database for this class. if you have more than one model available, it'll select a random one. doesn't save the result.
2. You swap to your job using the command and want model #2: "/myjob 2" -> it will select the second model for your class, saving it to your local database.
3. You swap to your job again using the command without a number: "/myjob" -> from your local database, it will select your preferred model for the class (which is model #2).

• Informative 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah idk. I'm pretty sure you can select it if it appears in f4, and it will stay that until you select a different one. I have every model except the newer one (gorl) and each time I /class it I get skeleton. Because that's what I selected in the f4 menu. Now, my job isn't always in the f4 menu. It might have something to do with getting on immediately after resets but I don't really understand and I'd love to hear input from either @proggy or @Garnet as to why our cc's don't stay in the f4 menu all the time. But major +1

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Feminine Bill Nye said:

+ 1

As stated a few times above, if it's a huge hassle to code in, don't bother doing it. But if it's a simple addition, it would be a greatly appreciated edit. 

Theres around over 200 CCs the reason you don't see it in f4 is cause... to load in ALL CCs ever bought would be a hassle and fuck the f 4 menu a bit im pretty sure.

• Informative 2
  • 1 month later...
Guest proggy

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c1 

Your suggestion has been Denied

This is a minor inconvenience to CC owners.
We can revisit this later, but at the moment it doesn't seem worth our time to come up with a fix for this when we could be working on other projects.

For now just kill in console to cycle through your models.

(protip for admin+: you can type /unspectate to cycle their model faster than using kill in console. It respawns you instantly)