DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Horse's MRP Ban Appeal

Horse

11 minutes ago, Oatlife said:

Rule means: was the ban wrong? Was your ban wrong? No, therefor you cannot appeal it. Also

Literally not supposed to do this ^

Im not suppose to apologize? Im apologizing and making an actual appeal at the same time? I can also go into depth about the ban and why I personally think it was unfair but instead im taking responsibility and as I just stated people who were apart of this community have been put in the exact same position  if not WORSE and their appeal accepted. Sometimes there are some exceptions to this rule and you know that aswell I dont believe I should be incapable of making an appeal especially if people are in agreement with me (Not now but possibly later) I was banned 8 months ago for minging and toxic mistakes the context of this ban specifically should be able to be "Overruled" in the future by future management if they deem the person who was banned for toxicity is overall just a better person and is improving.

• Informative 1
4 minutes ago, Horseyy said:

Im not suppose to apologize?

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. NO. The rule literally states ban appeals are not for apologies. You are free to apologize, but not in your appeal.

I just stated people who were apart of this community have been put in the exact same position  if not WORSE and their appeal accepted.

I cant control upper management, but those appeals obviously should not have been accepted and don't give you any leverage. Favorites and bias occur in every community, deal with it.

I dont believe I should be incapable of making an appeal especially if people are in agreement with me (Not now but possibly later)

Literally not a single person has come out in favor of you. Time wont change that.

5 minutes ago, Horseyy said:

I was banned 8 months ago for minging and toxic mistakes the context of this ban specifically should be able to be "Overruled" in the future by future management if they deem the person who was banned for toxicity is overall just a better person and is improving.

You were community banned by Garnet, given a second chance (may have been more then 2 chances im not sure) and messed it up again. You had your shot at coming back and lost it. A third try wont make it better.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

I do agree with @Oatlife in about everything. so first you said you are sorry and that's good but saying sorry and doing the same mistakes  again is showing the community that you have not changed at all ( based on what other ppl who i trust said and what ive seen) meaning that this appeal might be your chance to create chaos and making the staff team life a little harder, yet again i am saying i do not know you and in 1 TS call you have made me dislike you so think about what can happen if you get unbanned? i think that you will create a toxic environment around you and get other people to be toxic as well. the question of if the ban is valid or not i doubt that D Rose will banned you for nothing + the fact that you got yourself comm banned says a thing or two about you. I've already put my -1 on this appeal just wanted to explain.

oh and yeah your situation with gamma and with what miller said doubt you got any better in the last 8 months. 

Edited by Party
  • Agree 2
6 hours ago, Party said:

i think that you will create a toxic environment around you and get other people to be toxic as well. the question of if the ban is valid or not i doubt that D Rose will banned you for nothing + the fact that you got yourself comm banned says a thing or two about you. I've already put my -1 on this appeal just wanted to explain.

oh and yeah your situation with gamma and with what miller said doubt you got any better in the last 8 months. 

Party, with all due respect your basing your knowledge of me off of one interaction and a community ban more than 3 years ago because I griefed the garnet gaming minecrsft server. I find it very disrespectful that you claim I will be toxic and “infect” other people with toxicity when your basing my attitude off of one interaction. I’m one of the nicest people you’ll meet on the DRP and I have friendly interactions with people on the daily. I doubt I’ve even talked to you for 30 minutes so for you to make these claims that I’m just a toxic person and I’ll never get better is outrageous. This comment was un-needed seeing as you basically already said this.

During my time playing MRP, you have to be one of the most toxic people I have ever seen. You would constantly come on, shit talk, and abuse the fact that your ban was broken. The server doesn't need players like you.

• Disagree 1
Just now, huskaii said:

You would constantly come on, shit talk, and abuse the fact that your ban was broken. 

Thank you for your input huskaii. I understand I have made mistakes and im trying to make up for what I did again this was a very long time ago (3+ years) and i believe I will change in time.

1 minute ago, Horseyy said:

Thank you for your input huskaii. I understand I have made mistakes and im trying to make up for what I did again this was a very long time ago (3+ years) and i believe I will change in time.

well considering what you have done in the past, thats gunna be really hard to come back from. But good luck i guess

-1 from me

On 3/9/2021 at 7:44 PM, Horseyy said:

Im not suppose to apologize? I can also go into depth about the ban and why I personally think it was unfair but instead im taking responsibility and as I just stated people who were apart of this community have been put in the exact same position  if not WORSE and their appeal accepted.

I believe you SHOULD go into depth about the ban and why you think its unfair. Your reasons to be unbanned seem really superficial to me. The fact that you are using other player's accepted appeals as reasons you should be unbanned, shows me that you haven't changed at all. 

Your first paragraph of why you should be unbanned states how much you've enjoyed yourself on GG, I don't find that as a valid point for you to be pardoned of your crimes.

You keep saying you've changed but you haven't admit to doing anything toxic which is what you've been banned for.

I do believe you can change if you really want to. I also believe it takes more than 9 months to realize you're toxic and fix it. Even if you do change, appeals are no where to right your wrongs and apologize for your mistakes. You gotta come to terms with your ban and accept it. You were wrong, deal with it. Your appeal is toxic. 

It is made very clear that ban appeals are not for apologizing. This is the first thing that is stated. I wasn't around then, but members who have commented on this has said you had a chance to redeem yourself after a ban wipe, you blew it and was toxic again

56 minutes ago, CountryThomas said:

-1 from me

I believe you SHOULD go into depth about the ban and why you think its unfair. Your reasons to be unbanned seem really superficial to me. The fact that you are using other player's accepted appeals as reasons you should be unbanned, shows me that you haven't changed at all. 

Your first paragraph of why you should be unbanned states how much you've enjoyed yourself on GG, I don't find that as a valid point for you to be pardoned of your crimes.

You keep saying you've changed but you haven't admit to doing anything toxic which is what you've been banned for.

I do believe you can change if you really want to. I also believe it takes more than 9 months to realize you're toxic and fix it. Even if you do change, appeals are no where to right your wrongs and apologize for your mistakes. You gotta come to terms with your ban and accept it. You were wrong, deal with it. Your appeal is toxic. 

Thank you Thomas. I stated the reasoning for my ban was toxicity which I openly admit to being at the time. The reason i state how much I enjoy GG is to show I’m actually invested in the community and I’m not trying to come back just to get on for a war talk shit over bodies and than leave when things don’t go my way I truly want to spend time with the community and get to know people. I in know way will ever use someone’s unban as a reason for me to be unbanned I just wanted to let oatlife know that despite the rule being there garnet and other trusted members of management have made exceptions because those people who were banned proved themselves to the community (For Example: Pencil). I believe that I can be one of those players aswell. I saw there no point going into details about the specifics of my ban seeing as it was more than half a year ago and the staff member who banned me no longer is a staff member for the MRP server and has resigned (ontop of the fact that most people who were they to witness the event are no longer with the community) ultimately getting nowhere. The time it takes for someone to “change” is purely dependent on their maturity and their dedication to the community. You make very valid points and I hope I can change your mind at a further date.

3 minutes ago, Horseyy said:

Thank you Thomas. I stated the reasoning for my ban was toxicity which I openly admit to being at the time. The reason i state how much I enjoy GG is to show I’m actually invested in the community and I’m not trying to come back just to get on for a war talk shit over bodies and than leave when things don’t go my way I truly want to spend time with the community and get to know people. I in know way will ever use someone’s unban as a reason for me to be unbanned I just wanted to let oatlife know that despite the rule being there garnet and other trusted members of management have made exceptions because those people who were banned proved themselves to the community (For Example: Pencil). I believe that I can be one of those players aswell. I saw there no point going into details about the specifics of my ban seeing as it was more than half a year ago and the staff member who banned me no longer is a staff member for the MRP server and has resigned (ontop of the fact that most people who were they to witness the event are no longer with the community) ultimately getting nowhere. The time it takes for someone to “change” is purely dependent on their maturity and their dedication to the community. You make very valid points and I hope I can change your mind at a further date.

I see what you're saying, Garnet has made exceptions with different players in similar situations. I still think if you'd want to be unbanned you should follow the guidelines he set. The guidelines are there to help you, following them is key to be taken seriously and could be the key to your appeal. I suggest you edit your post before anyone else makes a decision. Good luck ✌️

• Like 1

Never really had any interaction with you so I'm going to stay Neutral.

After reading this I agree that the appeal process should not be used to apologise, but after reading through the earlier posts its been shown that you have no intent to change how you behave in and out of game which makes it very hard for staff members to give you a second chance. 

My best advice is to change, and prove that the change has taken place. Without that, staff can only go off past interactions which so far don't sound great. Think of your appeal as if you were a staff member reviewing it. Do you really think you should be unbanned? Why should you be unbanned? What steps are you taking to better yourself and change your ways?

Like @CountryThomas said, you have to be taken seriously if you want any chance of an appeal being accepted. 

Best of luck to you 😊

Edited by Angry
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
8 hours ago, Horseyy said:

I just wanted to let oatlife know that despite the rule being there garnet and other trusted members of management have made exceptions because those people who were banned proved themselves to the community (For Example: Pencil). I believe that I can be one of those players aswell. I saw there no point going into details about the specifics of my ban seeing as it was more than half a year ago and the staff member who banned me no longer is a staff member for the MRP server and has resigned (ontop of the fact that most people who were they to witness the event are no longer with the community) ultimately getting nowhere. The time it takes for someone to “change” is purely dependent on their maturity and their dedication to the community. You make very valid points and I hope I can change your mind at a further date.

In the case of permanent toxicity bans, the "ban appeals are not for apologies" should be thrown out the window. Not out of fairness as people have been unbanned in the past but because each of these scenarios is partially unique and should be handled case-by-case.

In my opinion, you shouldn't be welcomed back onto the server. Your attitude seems to be the same, seen in your responses. Some read with a semi-aggressive tone while others have wording pointing you as the victim of a false ban (even though you had already admitted that the ban was deserved). Considering the community (based on the current replies) are not in support of you, I suggest you drop this thread and move on - there may still be a chance in the future that you can change their minds.

• Informative 2
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 6

I haven't had any interactions with you in the past so I don't know how severe the toxicity was back then, but going off of the comments from the players who were around back then I can safely say that you had multiple chances to redeem yourself. And indeed like other members already stated: I only see this as some sort of apology to be honest. The ban was not unjustified as you were acting up pretty bad back in the days as you even state yourself. Ofcourse, everyone can change, but if you already had so many chances to prove yourself and you turned bad all the time - no one's going for infinite chances. 

I am going to -1 this appeal since it's not really an appeal in my eyes. Just asking for forgiveness in here - apologizing is not what ban appeals are meant for.

Edited by Whuuu

I've remained relatively silent on your push to reforming, but I think there's a case to be made about perspective and reputation, given that a lot of your arguments with people -1ing you have to do with "well you can't just base your opinion off of my through what other people say!!!!"

To which I respond, yes I can. People involved in far more than just a gaming community do that exact thing all the time.

Applying for a job? Well chances are they'll call your previous employer and ask about you, to which your prev. employer will respond positively or negatively, and this can either hinder or boost your ability to get the job.

You wanna finance a car? Credit history. The loan officers are going to call on multiple debts and stuff, and look into that history. Bad history? No loan / higher down payment.

The reason I use those as examples is because they don't care what YOU think about yourself now, they care about the word of others experience of you, much like here in your appeal. If the community was entirely wiped and filled with brand new players who have never heard of you, I think you'd have a great shot at getting unbanned IF Garnet himself doesn't give a shit.

However, given that much of the community since you were last actively playing has changed, we only have the word of older community members to rely on.

If Jackal is still controversial because of actions people remember...

If Phantom is still regarded as a great SA because people remember...

If I'm still a shit manager in MRP's history, it's because people remember.

Why should your case be any different? And why should invalidating their claims against you earn you a place back within the community? I remember during my time as manager, people were worried you were trying to come back to the community, and told me to instantly ban you if you did try (which of course I wouldn't) but to me that says a lot about you that people would actually worry when murmurs came through of you trying to be back.

This thread is an apology, and a tired one at that. I've seen YOU talk more about you reforming, than I've seen others talking about it. At a certain point executives capable of unbanning need to look to the opinions of others. The saying is "don't judge a book by it's cover" , Not "Don't judge a book by It's actions." In this case, your actions in the past have fucked you man. 

Edited by Kendal
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 8