SteamID (https://steamid.io/) 76561198202547457

Staff members in-game name:Mavv_

Staff members SteamID (/id (name):?

Date & Time of incident:5/28/21 around 2 AM

Timezone:CDT

Ban Reason:MRDM

How long were you banned for?:2 weeks

Proof of Ban:

What happened? (include any proof):I was on RU team in RU base and everybody was just standing around because there was no war going on and nobody online to do trials or anything of the sort. Someone called DB so everybody piled in there. Then at least 3 people came in and just killed absolutely everyone. After that, it was complete chaos, people being killed left and right. Typical late night gmod right? Most people were taking part in this mind you, not very many people weren't shooting. So I made the mistake of shooting back at anyone who was shooting. Keep in mind, there were no moderators on at the time to stop any of this, so we really didn't have many options outside of just stopping the MRDMers. But finally, everyone stopped killing each other and things went quiet. That's when I was banned for mass RDM.

Why should your ban be removed?: I do not want my ban removed, I simply just want it reduced to 2 days. I realize that I made the mistake of killing people, which is considered RDM under all circumstances, but I do not think that a 2 week ban is necessary. Most people were RDMing, yet not all of them were banned. I was not killing people to be toxic or malicious, I was killing people who were repeatedly RDMing me in spawn and shooting others in and around spawn. I wish I could have explained myself to the moderator, but there was no sit, just an immediate 2 weeks. I have not played on this server in several months, and understand that it wouldn't be a bad idea to brush up on the rules. I know I am at fault here, but due to the circumstances, I feel 2 weeks is just excessive. Thank you for your consideration

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

+1

Like Broken said, I do believe you genuinely didn't know. Although, it most likely wouldn't be reduced from 2 week to a one day Acc.Mass, instead it would be 2 days for Non-Malicious Mass. As you said, don't kill the MRDMers, that's vigilantism. Staff members can and often get confused on who is the original person that massed and ends up banning anyone with 3+ kills within 5 mins (or 2 kills and damages another, Attempted Mass). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Addix said:

You had just got on and didn't really witness the situation first hand. Like I said, I would've explained myself in a sit.

I got on and saw at least 4 people massing including you all of which were banned by me and another staff member. I then got multiple pms in game saying you were massing 

Edited by Mavv_
1 minute ago, Mavv_ said:

I got on and saw at least 4 people massing including you all of which were banned by me and another staff member. I then got multiple pms in game saying you were massing 

I'm not here to argue with you, you read my side of the story and there's not much to say beyond that. But I do appreciate your response and understand where you are coming from and what the situation may have looked like from an outside perspective.

To quote something from the staff training docs. 

Mass RDM can be very obvious to spot out. However, sometimes a user is justified in killing several people at once without an advert in chat (like KOSing a group of mingy recruits) and still gets banned anyway. This is why when someone gets a feed randomly, and you weren’t there to witness what happened, you should TP that person to a sit room to ask them about it before instantly banning them.

I feel like we didn't give him a fair fighting chance so at the least he should get a reduction to 2 days if not a removal.

+1

• Like 1