DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion | 10-20 Second Speed Boost Every Time we Leave Base During War

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

This might be a stupid suggestion, but I think we should give people a 10-20 second speed boost every time they leave base during the war to shorten the time it takes to get to the OBJ. This buff would only be given once per life, and wouldn't be applied again if they left and entered the base again. If the person who has the buff discharges their weapon, then the buff would be taken away from them as well. You could also make it to where if they receive damage with the buff active, then it takes away the buff as well (although I don't really think this is necessary). 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

I think this will benefit the server in many ways honestly, it currently takes around 30-60 seconds (depending on the OBJ you go to and what side you're on) to get to an OBJ, which is a a lot of time considering the amount of times an average person dies in a single war. Implementing this would significantly lower the amount of time it takes to reach an objective, and make the pacing of the war feel a lot faster. Sure we do have vehicles to remedy this as well but they are very rarely, if ever, used properly during wars. They are mostly used only for the first 3-5 minutes of war and then get discarded for the remainder of the war.

I also think this suggestion could be used to combat base camping as well to be honest, being faster makes it harder for anyone pushing past the OBJ to kill them.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
I'm pretty much just trying to describe the LoL mechanic where you get increased movement speed when you leave base to get to your lane faster lul

lemme know what you guys think about this

• Disagree 2

This is on garnets thing, but it’s based off of whether or not one side has a player advantage, if this were to happen tough it’s probably easiest to code the boost right off spawn, not opposed to it but I don’t really mind the run to an obj(basically what party said)

1 hour ago, Party said:

https://trello.com/c/x5J1fu19/27-anti-basecamp-speed-and-damage-debuff-on-output-for-60-seconds-120-for-any-consecutive 

in general before making a suggestion make sure its not there.... 

https://trello.com/b/pzlsREdD/garnetgamingnet - this is what garnet made. all the future updates (or ideas?) are here.

this isn't the same thing as what I'm suggesting though. This suggestion is more focused on reducing the time it takes to get to the objectives. The "anti basecamp" point i was talking about was more of an addition to it than anything.

1 hour ago, Bortnik_ said:

This is on garnets thing, but it’s based off of whether or not one side has a player advantage, if this were to happen tough it’s probably easiest to code the boost right off spawn, not opposed to it but I don’t really mind the run to an obj(basically what party said)

Yeah would probably be easier to code off of when they spawn, only thing is it takes time for people to get ammo and whatnot so would be hard to account for when trying to set a time for how long you get speed boosted for. 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, MRPHonestDog said:

We don't really need one bc it will make vehicles not useful and it would make it easier for headglitchers to get to their position

...This doesn't make any sense? Vehicles still can be used to transport large amounts of people at the same time to an OBJ, so they still have a use for the war if people are going to siege an OBJ (not like vehicles are used past the first 5 minutes anyways half the time, lul). And the second reason you gave literally makes no sense lol.

18 hours ago, MRPHonestDog said:

We don't really need one bc it will make vehicles not useful and it would make it easier for headglitchers to get to their position

10-20 seconds doesn’t allow anyone to even see combat it simply allows them to get to the objective quicker when either there’s no one on to spawn a vehicle or a vehicle is full of passengers. Ontop of this vehicles can very easily explode killing the driver, damaging the passengers, and leaving you out in the open for other snipers.

1+ I see no reason to deny this suggestion considering the buffs that are already planned to be put in place.

• Disagree 1
  • 1 month later...

Denied

Generally speaking, you can go anywhere you need to in a car (yes i know you need to be an officer for that, but you can usually find one not doing anything with their car). There are no restrictions on them anymore outside of who can use them for this exact reason, it's a big map but we already accommodated for that. Personally, i wouldn't want to see this on mrp.