DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion | Better Gun for RU Demolition

sixty

Suggestion [description of what your suggesting]: The Gun for the Demolition Class on RU (The Saiga). Is currently a not good choice as this shotgun is only good for a few specific locations on Delta V2. It's main purpose is for holding tight close quarters situations and holding very small enclosed spaces. I believe if we change the weapon for the Demolition Class all together and make it better suited towards the Objects and structures around the map. I would like to replace the current gun with the PKM. As it is originally Russian. I feel like the PKM can better combat close quarters and mid range fights better than the current gun for RU Demo. I also believe it is a better match for the US Demolitions M60. 

How would this benefit our server?: The current RU Demo gun is just not suited for the combat that goes on, the PKM could greatly increase the number of people that want to join RU. Another plus is that the US side has a LMG so why can't RU have one. The PKM could also be buffed if it is currently bad right now like matching it's tick rate/firing speed to match the M60's and also matching the damage of the M60. Another way it could benefit the server is that it could potentially combat the M60 when fighting. 

Addition Information/Coding: N/A

• Disagree 3

I wouldn’t say PKM but rather the MP-153 making a return with an option for slug rounds

(I know I’m not active rn but I’m just thinking out loud here lol)

Edited by Weeb_
Clarification
  • Disagree 2

+1
My current suggestions in discord (with like 31 upvotes and 1 downvote) is to give the RU Demo a PKM or RPK -- Something equivalent or near equivalent to the m60 in terms of fighting capability.

The only percieved issue is that the RU T1 would have to be changed back to a shotgun class as the US T1 is.
For this I would suggest the MP-153 like @Weeb_ mentioned. It is a close-med range shotgun that does a helluva lot of damage and little spread.

While I don't believe this suggestion it a top priority I believe it should absolutely be done to better balance the game for non donors.