Oatlife's Moderater Application

In-game name: Oatlife

SteamID (http://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_1:0:155811266

Warns: None

Timezone: PST

Playtime?: Oatlife has played 44:25:03

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] CatfisherNot cool kid.br0ken, MoldyHotpocket, and TheDudeAbides 

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] None

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

One of the reasons I believe I should be DarkRP staff is because of my long history with the gamemode. I began playing DarkRP a little over year ago and have gained almost 400 hours of gameplay and knowledge. I feel one of the main reasons that I would be a better choice of moderator would be because of my in-game knowledge. Within the hours I have acquired through my year of playing DarkRP, I have been through countless scenarios which have increased my overall knowledge of the game. I have been through hundreds of sits which have shown me how a moderator acts, what protocols to follow, and what is punishable and what is not. I believe that my long history with DarkRP puts me a step ahead of the competition.

Another reason I believe I should be a DarkRP staff is because of my personal knowledge of being a leader or a moderator. Personally I really enjoy helping run activities. For example I have helped moderate real life things or situations at my previous middle school. I was in charge of controlling all the new kids who came to my school through the year. I believe these real life leadership skills will transfer over. They have taught me how to deal with other people in somewhat bitter situations. I believe these leadership skills will put me ahead of the competition and allow me to become an above average moderator.

The final and most important factor in why I should be chosen to staff is because of my dedication. I have a past of being dedicated both in-game and in the real world. I truly enjoy Garnet Gaming and the community the server has brought up. When I say I like a server it means I am truly dedicated to it and will stand by it. For example, I fell in love with a TTT server (Aurora TTT) and played it everyday until the server died. I gained around 300+ hours in that server alone and have not felt that connection again until I began playing here. I am prepared to put another 400 hours into DarkRP and the Garnet Gaming community. To summarise why I should be chosen over other people to staff this server is because I have tons of DarkRp knowledge, I have good leadership skills, and because I am a very dedicated person.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

I have been banned on Superior servers for a misunderstanding. The story is below is what happened.

A few months ago I was banned on Superior Servers because I misunderstood a rule regarding organizations. Me and my organization were based in the Mayor's office which is in the PD (on that server mayor can base in PD and have drugs and printers). Somebody then began to raid our base, but to get to the base they first had to raid the PD. I killed the raider while he was still raiding a PD door, which is something only police or government officials could do. I did not know this rule and when my group members went and told me to kill him I did. These players had much more experience than I did so I took their word and killed him. I was not aware of someone reporting me, so I left the server to go play on another one of Superior’s maps with some friends. Me disconnecting ultimately resulted in me receiving a ban for RDM + LTAP.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: None

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

During Weekdays | 3-6 hours depending on if I have anything going on.

During Weekends | 5+ hours depending on if I have anything going on.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

I play for my local high school baseball team which is a year long program. This may affect hours I could staff in the school year, due to the amounts of homework and practice I have.

Did you read the staff rules?: Oatlife

Edited by Vince
  • Winner 1
6 hours ago, Oatlife said:

I was in charge of controlling all the new kids who came to my school through the year

Hmmm... Pretty sure that makes you a bully...

+1 

Nice application, Seen you a few times on the server and seem like a nice dood. 

12 hours ago, Oatlife said:

In-game name: Oatlife

SteamID (http://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_1:0:155811266

Warns: None

Timezone: PST

Playtime?: Oatlife has played 44:25:03

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Catfisher, Wendell, br0ken

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] None

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

One of the reasons I believe I should be DarkRP staff is because of my long history with the gamemode. I began playing DarkRP a little over year ago and have gained almost 400 hours of gameplay and knowledge. I feel one of the main reasons that I would be a better choice of moderator would be because of my in-game knowledge. Within the hours I have acquired through my year of playing DarkRP, I have been through countless scenarios which have increased my overall knowledge of the game. I have been through hundreds of sits which have shown me how a moderator acts, what protocols to follow, and what is punishable and what is not. I believe that my long history with DarkRP puts me a step ahead of the competition.

Another reason I believe I should be a DarkRP staff is because of my personal knowledge of being a leader or a moderator. Personally I really enjoy helping run activities. For example I have helped moderate real life things or situations at my previous middle school. I was in charge of controlling all the new kids who came to my school through the year. I believe these real life leadership skills will transfer over. They have taught me how to deal with other people in somewhat bitter situations. I believe these leadership skills will put me ahead of the competition and allow me to become an above average moderator.

The final and most important factor in why I should be chosen to staff is because of my dedication. I have a past of being dedicated both in-game and in the real world. I truly enjoy Garnet Gaming and the community the server has brought up. When I say I like a server it means I am truly dedicated to it and will stand by it. For example, I fell in love with a TTT server (Aurora TTT) and played it everyday until the server died. I gained around 300+ hours in that server alone and have not felt that connection again until I began playing here. I am prepared to put another 400 hours into DarkRP and the Garnet Gaming community. To summarise why I should be chosen over other people to staff this server is because I have tons of DarkRp knowledge, I have good leadership skills, and because I am a very dedicated person.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

I have been banned on Superior servers for a misunderstanding. The story is below is what happened.

A few months ago I was banned on Superior Servers because I misunderstood a rule regarding organizations. Me and my organization were based in the Mayor's office which is in the PD (on that server mayor can base in PD and have drugs and printers). Somebody then began to raid our base, but to get to the base they first had to raid the PD. I killed the raider while he was still raiding a PD door, which is something only police or government officials could do. I did not know this rule and when my group members went and told me to kill him I did. These players had much more experience than I did so I took their word and killed him. I was not aware of someone reporting me, so I left the server to go play on another one of Superior’s maps with some friends. Me disconnecting ultimately resulted in me receiving a ban for RDM + LTAP.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: None

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

During Weekdays | 3-6 hours depending on if I have anything going on.

During Weekends | 5+ hours depending on if I have anything going on.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

I play for my local high school baseball team which is a year long program. This may affect hours I could staff in the school year, due to the amounts of homework and practice I have.

Did you read the staff rules?: Oatlife

Nice app. Detailed and thoroughly thought out. Chill in game. Active. +1 add me to referrals 

• Spicy 1