DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Military Police

10 minutes ago, Orange said:

-1. I dont think the classes would be used that much. We used to have military police on the server but it was always a dead faction

The way I envision this class is that it is mainly an RP one used for events, and not a faction you can main, it would be a second life like AFSOC or VVS. If a faction leader would like it to take on a bigger role within their base, they would have the flexibility to do so.

• Agree 5

So, here is the issue with MP when we originally had it on CS_Desert it consisted of a lot of power hungry individuals or people with just a big ego in general. They’d arrest or detain who they pleased for practically no reason and this led to both ANP and MP being removed. However, I can see Military Police bringing used in an RP environment only when required by Gamemaster it would be cool to see how that plays out. But when it comes to it being an actual job that people can tryout for play and use in base not during any actual events that is where I will -1. But if the faction is only used in an RP sense I will go ahead and +1 this suggestion.

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Horseyyy said:

So, here is the issue with MP when we originally had it on CS_Desert it consisted of a lot of power hungry individuals or people with just a big ego in general. They’d arrest or detain who they pleased for practically no reason and this led to both ANP and MP being removed. However, I can see Military Police bringing used in an RP environment only when required by Gamemaster it would be cool to see how that plays out. But when it comes to it being an actual job that people can tryout for play and use in base not during any actual events that is where I will -1. But if the faction is only used in an RP sense I will go ahead and +1 this suggestion.

The way I envision this class is that it is mainly an RP one used for events, and not a faction you can main, it would be a second life like AFSOC or VVS. If a faction leader would like it to take on a bigger role within their base, they would have the flexibility to do so.

1 hour ago, Horseyyy said:

we did have it on cs_desert and i was apart of the mp as well i dont remember it being as bad as you are describing it as it was a very strict faction and anyone who was caught abusing the class was removed from mp no questions asked especially since the class had the batons for arresting stunning and un arresting people, this is also going to be like AFSOC or VVS where its mostly used for like passive RP/events and can take as big or small of a role in each faction as the leaders decide on as Kurtle said.

• Disagree 1
2 hours ago, Horseyyy said:

I was a pretty high rank in both ANP and MP and it was a big shit show. Children arresting people for no reason and minging at 3 in the morning. Bringing back both or making it one big thing instead of 2 wouldn't be too bad as long as it STAYS as a non main faction. My question though is who would lead such a thing and how would joining work?

6 minutes ago, Ebichu said:

I was a pretty high rank in both ANP and MP and it was a big shit show. Children arresting people for no reason and minging at 3 in the morning. Bringing back both or making it one big thing instead of 2 wouldn't be too bad as long as it STAYS as a non main faction. My question though is who would lead such a thing and how would joining work?

I'm very glad you asked this. The use of MP would be for event purposes, so GM's could set peoples job to participate as it. This system has been succesfully used for Taliban and GIGN in events without a hitch. The other two event classes in the category, VVS and AFSOC are whitelisted classes that are ran like normal factions, yet are really only utilized for small trainings or GM events. 

In summary, it would be a setjob thing for events. If a faction leader would like to implement MP as a real thing in their faction, they would have the flexibility to do so, with the ability to remove it at any time if it devolves like you guys say (although I doubt it would be implemented in factions).

Edited by Kurtle
Added sumn
  • Informative 1

As a GM, I would like to say that this would definitely help out with the RP side of in-base, and sometimes even out of base, events. +1.

i also loved testing it with you kurtle

Edited by Cupid
  • Like 1

Here MP is something I have wanted since I first got accepted as a GM, in a couple passive rp situations I would change my name to 31B CDT name. Adding a class for MP on both sides would increase RP on both sides, like with VVS for example I am pretty sure Ozzy is leading it with randy as his 2nd they are doing a great job. Like they are constantly helping out in events, doing trainings, and doing stuff in peace time. Adding MP for events would give GMs a bit more ideas to use in their events.

+1