DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MRP Map Rotation Suggestion

eli_

• Forums Moderator

Description: Very self explanatory suggestion. I believe there should be a 3 month rotation between maps. This would be a quite simple thing to do with the "/setmap" command being added to the server. I think I speak for majority of the community that maps get very bland anytime over 2-3 months. It's the same thing while we wait for the executive team to move onto the next map. Now it would be very easy to do. Simply give Manager/SA the ability to use /setmap (if they can't already) then at the end of the 3 months they can simply set the map to the next one. A simple 6 map rotation would do well. It could go in any order but I'd suggest a rotation of the following:
Chaharikar Revamp (rp_garnet_chaharikar_revamp) (Can't find the link for it, please post it here if you have it)
Delta (rp_garnet_delta_v1) (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2489427918)
Omega (rp_garnetmrp_omega_beta) (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2304685763)
Echov1 (rp_garnet_echo_fog) (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1909806842)
Siberia (rp_garnet_siberia_beta) (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2079035886)
Taigav3 (Couldn't find this one either. If anyone has it please post it here)
Then repeat.

Anyone is welcome to give their suggestion of what they feel should be in the rotation. 

Reasoning: As I said before, people can get very bored of the current map when it's kept for months. Keeps the server fresh and refrain from becoming stale for players. I know maps are supposed to be changed every 4 months but that hasn't been the case for a long ass time. That's why I'm making this suggestion in the first place.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] N/A 

• Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 2

Yeah I'm like 99% sure there have been announcements about a map rotation that just never came to fruition lol.

+1 to this idea, although not sure about the Sibera map. I remember not liking the map due to the night lighting.

Edited by PrisonNightmare

Idk man. A lot of people seem to think that map rotation and player engagement/retention/accessibility co-exist. I tend to agree. I think rather than doing yet another map swap, Nutter should just update the current one with changes that might keep players engaged, while allowing new players to feel at home in a familiar yet everchanging environment.

Not to mention consistent rotation has usually meant tweaks to the next map need to be made due to changes in many different updates garnet applies to various things while the players are on any given map (think weapon tweaks, added factions, roleplayability, etc.) which in turn sucks more dev time for the actual important shit traded for mind numbingly dull hours in hammer.

Im all for tweaking the current map, but rotations haven't played out all too well imo

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Kendal said:

Idk man. A lot of people seem to think that map rotation and player engagement/retention/accessibility co-exist. I tend to agree. I think rather than doing yet another map swap, Nutter should just update the current one with changes that might keep players engaged, while allowing new players to feel at home in a familiar yet everchanging environment.

Not to mention consistent rotation has usually meant tweaks to the next map need to be made due to changes in many different updates garnet applies to various things while the players are on any given map (think weapon tweaks, added factions, roleplayability, etc.) which in turn sucks more dev time for the actual important shit traded for mind numbingly dull hours in hammer.

Im all for tweaking the current map, but rotations haven't played out all too well imo

The problem is that coming up with fresh and new ideas for the map is a difficult thing to accomplish (Not many people contributed for ideas in the making of past maps, for example). I also doubt Garnet would want to sink the time into editing any sort of map when he has so much stuff to focus on when it comes to development of the other servers. In that aspect, you're right about older maps not being updated to current standard with AFOC/RU Air force being a thing now. I'm sure it could still work out, though.

50 minutes ago, Jared Cox said:

inb4 cscdesert gets suggested in the map rotation

plzno

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • Disagree 1
  • Forums Moderator
2 minutes ago, Tora1 said:

+1 but swap this version with the taiga version of this map (taigaforest i believe) ? 

If you can find me the link for it I'd be happy to swap it out if some other people give some input on it. 

38 minutes ago, Orange said:

I think that the rotation time should be lowered down to 1 month. other than that

+1

That'd be too fast tbh. That'd just be moving way to quickly. I've talked to some people and to them and me it takes normally 3 months (ish) to get bored of the server. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cox said:

inb4 cscdesert gets suggested in the map rotation

no.

4 hours ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Yeah I'm like 99% sure there have been announcements about a map rotation that just never came to fruition lol.

+1 to this idea, although not sure about the Sibera map. I remember not liking the map due to the night lighting.

5 hours ago, Fetn said:

+1 

legit a map rotation every 4 months was suppose to happen a while ago I'm pretty sure, so uh yeah just fucking do it please.

I agree to both of you guys. I heard there was supposed to be one but there's been no consistency whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, Kendal said:

familiar yet everchanging environment.

damn like fortnite?

+1 maybe have the GM team do events that will lead towards the next map swap? Like US pushing back RU forces from Echo to Omega. Or we are on a map that doesn't have nukes placed around and we get info that (insert faction) has nukes so theres an event where that plays out and the winner decides which map to advance to. Idk just a thought.

1 hour ago, Tora1 said:

taigaforest

Siberia is a very nice map but taigaforest is way more balanced lol. And lends to less bs fog kills so +1 to this.

• Like 1
  • Creative 1
  • Agree 1

+1
A change in scenery is always nice, and would give players an incentive to come back to check out the new* maps.

*new for the player in question assuming they are new to the community as a whole