DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Fix the Jail Purgatory Glitch

Description: Currently, the jail system doesn't release people consistently and instead leaves them in a semi-permanent purgatory. 
These players are NOT able to use /report to get staff assistance either, and must resort to begging in OOC for a bail or a staff member to help.

Reasoning: This would allow people to only be jailed for the max amount of time and not need to break roleplay to ask for help in OOC.

Additional Information: 
Just one example of an AFK person who has been in jail for nearly three hours:

A0wd7iG.png

I have heard that this might be on the development list, but since it's been a glitch ever since the update that changed the jail system I think it could use a bit of a prioritization, perhaps be put onto the trello, or maybe an update on when we might expect this to be fixed.

Either way, it doesn't look good for new players that might be wondering why they're in jail for 15 minutes, and I thought after seeing this ridiculous jail time today that it might need a forum post to push it along.

Edited by ShankNinja
image didn't paste
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Nutter said:

@time Do you think you could go over my code later today? I unfortunately can't find an issue that would cause this to happen 😞

Sure! I'm finally catching a break from work. Sorry I haven't been available all week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 8/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, ShankNinja said:

Description: Currently, the jail system doesn't release people consistently and instead leaves them in a semi-permanent purgatory. 
These players are NOT able to use /report to get staff assistance either, and must resort to begging in OOC for a bail or a staff member to help.

Reasoning: This would allow people to only be jailed for the max amount of time and not need to break roleplay to ask for help in OOC.

Additional Information: 
Just one example of an AFK person who has been in jail for nearly three hours:

A0wd7iG.png

I have heard that this might be on the development list, but since it's been a glitch ever since the update that changed the jail system I think it could use a bit of a prioritization, perhaps be put onto the trello, or maybe an update on when we might expect this to be fixed.

Either way, it doesn't look good for new players that might be wondering why they're in jail for 15 minutes, and I thought after seeing this ridiculous jail time today that it might need a forum post to push it along.

I'm unable to reproduce the bug, both on the main server and the test server. Do you have exact steps that can glitch a person into staying permanently jailed?

Edited by time
2 minutes ago, time said:

Do you have exact steps that can glitch a person into staying permanently jailed?

this happens in certain occasions where a random person would be arrested idk if its the job or the person or if its by random but to the best of my knowledge you can't put yourself in the bug.

• Informative 2
34 minutes ago, time said:

I'm unable to reproduce the bug, both on the main server and the test server. Do you have exact steps that can glitch a person into staying permanently jailed?

Unfortunately not, although it seems to happen at the same times (as in, once I see someone saying they're stuck I see it pop up quite a bit from then on) and I am thinking it's usually during lockdowns, although if that's a lockdown bug or if that just happens to jail more people than normal which increases the sample size, I'm not sure.

• Agree 1