DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

someone hacked into my PayPal account

Before you read this, this probably has nothing to with garnet gaming, I am just putting this here to say that if someone else says this happened to them, you should immediately close the store until this is fixed. 

So what happened is that some shitass named beth#0072 Screenshot-20210817-101915.png messaged me saying he was "a reputable Amazon scammer" or some shit like that. (If anyone needs screenshots I have the entire conversation.) I told him to go away and then he sent footage of him logged into my dad's PayPal account scrolling through my dad's PayPal history and it had  a bunch of random stuff from ebay. I called my dad to let him know what happened, but he said nothing was wrong and his account was fine and his history didn't have that. Like I said before this most likely has nothing to do with garnet gaming, but if this happens or has happened to someone else, please put it here or in donation support.

• 3 weeks later...

yo, sorry if I'm deadposting. so yea, this is called phishing. Pretty much the lowest rung and most common scam technique. usually it comes from department stores, subscription sites, dealerships, and more. Basically someone pretends to either blackmail you or pretends to be a company. The end goal is that you panic and ask them what they want. your replies mean literally nothing btw. theyre shameless and get called scum every day. some guy in the phillipines or sri lanka is just taking abuse for fucking with people. 

But yeah.... go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and check yours and your dads email. $5,000 says Zynga has your info and whoever you oryour dad has dealt with in paypal before sold your info. just your name, email, and address though. If someone claims to have scammed you be calm and try to probe for more info. its best to play dumb and try to be like "i'll send you the $__, just leave me alone" once you get a cashapp then report the account cus you just lost that man $100's. they dont deposit the account until they reach milestones to save on fees so they ALWAYS got something in those accounts. If they ask for gift cards then theyre most likely Sri lankan. Make sure to tell them "obē mava kalakirī æta". as for the discord, instagram is another pool these people use. report the account however they already got 5 more.

Edit: also, check out TOSDR.org. companies are ALWAYS selling your data and info. you'd be surprised the damage Zynga has legally caused. Stay safe out there bud!

3 minutes ago, Adric said:

yo, sorry if I'm deadposting. so yea, this is called phishing. Pretty much the lowest rung and most common scam technique. usually it comes from department stores, subscription sites, dealerships, and more. Basically someone pretends to either blackmail you or pretends to be a company. The end goal is that you panic and ask them what they want. your replies mean literally nothing btw. theyre shameless and get called scum every day. some guy in the phillipines or sri lanka is just taking abuse for fucking with people. 

But yeah.... go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and check yours and your dads email. $5,000 says Zynga has your info and whoever you oryour dad has dealt with in paypal before sold your info. just your name, email, and address though. If someone claims to have scammed you be calm and try to probe for more info. its best to play dumb and try to be like "i'll send you the $__, just leave me alone" once you get a cashapp then report the account cus you just lost that man $100's. they dont deposit the account until they reach milestones to save on fees so they ALWAYS got something in those accounts. If they ask for gift cards then theyre most likely Sri lankan. Make sure to tell them "obē mava kalakirī æta". as for the discord, instagram is another pool these people use. report the account however they already got 5 more.

Edit: also, check out TOSDR.org. companies are ALWAYS selling your data and info. you'd be surprised the damage Zynga has legally caused. Stay safe out there bud!

thanks for the advice, but I think this post is over a month old and the situation is resolved, people were just spamming on here and I don't know why its not locked yet

1 minute ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

thanks for the advice, but I think this post is over a month old and the situation is resolved, people were just spamming on here and I don't know why its not locked yet

I figured, online security is super important so there's never a reason NOT to waste the time and post the info. So this is just a free PSA

Archived