Mr Stabby's Staff Application

MrStabby_

In-game name: Mr Stabby
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:444616822
Warns: 0
Timezone: Central
Playtime?: | Mr Stabby has played for 636:13:18.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Rosie, Depressed Bird
    Past experiences as staff: None
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I've played this server on and off for a couple of years now, and know just about every little nook and cranny of both the rules as well as the server as a whole. Throughout all that time I've found my favorite thing to do is help new players. I try and teach the ways of fading doors for those who ask, or give a gun to someone who just lost their only one to a raid. I found that helping people who don't quite understand the game, if even in the smallest way, brings me great joy and satisfaction. I aspire to be a player others can look to for assistance at any hour, and becoming a staff member seems like the perfect route.

I always find myself on the server at obscure times, and more often then not it's a time when an admin isn't online, and is desperately needed. Filling this gap is something that I believe I am fit for. I strive to be as honest a person as I can be, and can be unbiased quite easily. I've been in countless sits against people, and have watched them unfold in various situations. This experience has been a great inspiration for me, and is one of the many reasons I wish to join you're staff team. I believe I am fit for the role as many people in the community know me, just as I try to know the rest of the community. 

Thank you for even considering my application, and I hope to join you soon.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: No.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 4 to 6 hours a day, depending on events that may come up.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? None that would interfere with a staff role.
Did you read the staff rules?: Mr Stabby

• Like 3
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 3

We are in need of staff during the early morning PST, so I do like the availability.  Your application does demonstrate to me a level of maturity that I like, but I want to know a little more about you if you don't mind: 

What is your goal in a sit with a new, confused player as the reportee? Is it to punish them for a minor crime or to educate them on how to play the server?

How would you determine who gets a light punishment, and who gets the maximum? Lets assume it's for a RDM or NLR.

You don't have to answer these at all, I am just curious about your thoughts on the mentioned topics. 🙂  

Edited by Fido
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 4
  • Toxic 2
  • Friendly 1

@Fido

just respond to how you have interacted with him in-game and how good his staff app is that is all you need to put.

Overall you're a chill guy and I haven't seen you minging or in any reports so +1

Edited by xo6o
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Fido said:

We are in need of staff during the early morning PST, so I do like the availability.  Your application does demonstrate to me a level of maturity that I like, but I want to know a little more about you if you don't mind: 

What is your goal in a sit with a new, confused player as the reportee? Is it to punish them for a minor crime or to educate them on how to play the server?

How would you determine who gets a light punishment, and who gets the maximum? Lets assume it's for a RDM or NLR.

You don't have to answer these at all, I am just curious about your thoughts on the mentioned topics. 🙂  

I'd love to answer. If I were in a sit with a confused, new player, I'd first try and figure out what happened, naturally. I would see if the reporter would prefer a verbal or normal warn, and either way I'd ask if the new player needed help understanding the rules, and ask if the reporter would like to be returned while I attempt to educate the newer player. I don't think ignorance should be punished, but it shouldn't be ignored either. If the player refuses to learn and continues to break rules he has been informed are in place, I would follow natural procedure as there's no excuse at that point. 

I'd greatly appreciate feedback on this course of action, if you've the time. Hope that satisfies! 👋

• Like 2

+1

Good guy, I think he'd make a good fit in the staff team, I think he can handle it based off the interactions I've had with him.  The backroom of my gunshop will be barren without his presence though 😞

Edited by ZenMemes
2 hours ago, MrStabby_ said:

I'd love to answer. If I were in a sit with a confused, new player, I'd first try and figure out what happened, naturally. I would see if the reporter would prefer a verbal or normal warn, and either way I'd ask if the new player needed help understanding the rules, and ask if the reporter would like to be returned while I attempt to educate the newer player. I don't think ignorance should be punished, but it shouldn't be ignored either. If the player refuses to learn and continues to break rules he has been informed are in place, I would follow natural procedure as there's no excuse at that point. 

I'd greatly appreciate feedback on this course of action, if you've the time. Hope that satisfies! 👋

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions. Some members on the team took it as pointless, some even saw it as an attack against you. The reason I asked these questions is because I want to know how your mind works when handling situations like these. It is very important to me that we have people on staff who are patient, kind, and willing to teach new players rather than outright punish them. Especially for minor infractions or otherwise grey areas in our very outdated rules. 

I appreciate your willingness to teach over outright punish. This is a concept some people seem to have a hard time grasping- but seeing this plus your overall maturity, I think you will be an excellent addition to the team. We need people who actually care for the server for its people and not for the rank we get from it. I think you are one of those people who genuinely care for our players.

+1 I look forward to working alongside you! 

Edited by Fido
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Friendly 1