RU Ghillie Hitbox Fix

acer

Description:

I am suggesting that the RU Ghillie hitbox be fixed. 

Reasoning: 

Currently, the RU Ghillie hitbox is god awful. It’s genuinely not possible to play on that class and be even somewhat of a contender in war. 

Additional Information: 

Current Hitbox

hIMg1W_9rk2wYAk8-rHaUfsBvrcPSVW7S8EwT8uwZsKhx6y-1mozlN3iRkq4FZ9wvWtMYxS7frVcmWas4BAlqGMo4AEMPnUIWMRRjjiKiS8WEl3rCmB_sJ67xXJBIptyFQvjo-fO=s0

Edited by acer
  • Agree 8

-1 While I agree that the hit box is reallyyyyy bad, I feel like a fix is not necessary currently. Currently no one really plays the class, wether if it’s due to the hit box or because most players use either defender or prestige. Regardless with the recent suggestion of Afghan coming back the class will soon be absolute and I feel like the management team should focus more on that update and the fine tuning of the refurbished Echo map.  

• Disagree 4
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, Vibe said:

-1 While I agree that the hit box is reallyyyyy bad, I feel like a fix is not necessary currently. Currently no one really plays the class, wether if it’s due to the hit box or because most players use either defender or prestige. Regardless with the recent suggestion of Afghan coming back the class will soon be absolute and I feel like the management team should focus more on that update and the fine tuning of the refurbished Echo map.  

The hitbox would take all of 45 minutes to fix. It's a donor class that is completely unusable, and it has been since the model change. I agree that most resources should be devoted to the new update, but while we wait it would be nice to see a fix of an issue that's been ongoing for a couple months.

1 minute ago, acer said:

The hitbox would take all of 45 minutes to fix. It's a donor class that is completely unusable, and it has been since the model change. I agree that most resources should be devoted to the new update, but while we wait it would be nice to see a fix of an issue that's been ongoing for a couple months.

Then how about you fix it. Big dog garnet is sick so help him out and fix it for him. No one from RU complaining that we can’t play ghillie cause we all own an orsis or mosin. It’s a fix that that no one asked for we straight chilling.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
5 hours ago, Vibe said:

No one from RU complaining

Not trying to be rude here but I don’t think someone who’s been back for all of 13 minutes is in any place to speak for the entire country.

The model is objectively broken in an unplayable way. In the history of our community, we’ve fixed models like that. Examples being V and PDSS (literally the same pack as the new RU Ghillie).

5 hours ago, Vibe said:

Then how about you fix it.

Cause it’s not his job. Having said that, I told Acer last night to reach out to @Pencil and ask if @special would be so kind as to update another model for us. Don’t know if he did or not. So here’s me asking.

Pencil, can you have him update the hitbox on RU Ghillie? And if he’s really bored, the entire Viper pack.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

RU Ghillie?

bee2d7591f0051b632a858b219e293ee.png414281e77a9956af6f8cbcdd1db69cd9.png

Also if you are wondering why the back part of it doesn't have a hitbox, those are leaves. It's a ghillie suit, the US model has the exact same.
I'll send this over to special so he can put it into a workshop link or I'll have him just send @Ozzy the needed files.
Things to note:
-Head is bigger than actual head to account for the fact that this ghillie has a huge head cover, and when you have a gun out it makes the actual head really hard to see, so this is to help with that.

• Winner 2
2 hours ago, Pencil said:

Does the class have a known issue with only taking bodyshot damage? I'm looking at the hitbox groups rn and they are all at the generic hitgroup

That was the case yeah, me and fonza took a look last night cause I noticed the same thing. Hopefully your fix can be implemented.

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Not trying to be rude here but I don’t think someone who’s been back for all of 13 minutes is in any place to speak for the entire country.

The model is objectively broken in an unplayable way. In the history of our community, we’ve fixed models like that. Examples being V and PDSS (literally the same pack as the new RU Ghillie).

Cause it’s not his job. Having said that, I told Acer last night to reach out to @Pencil and ask if @special would be so kind as to update another model for us. Don’t know if he did or not. So here’s me asking.

Pencil, can you have him update the hitbox on RU Ghillie? And if he’s really bored, the entire Viper pack.

I do agree with Vibe that there is really no point of doing it but we have no idea when IEA comes out. While we wait for IEA, I’m fine with doing the entire viper pack including ghillie. I got work today so I can do it later tonight. Ultimately, it’s up to Garnet if he wants to add it or leave it be because of the IEA change.

Edited by special
  • Like 1

+1 hit box fix for a donator class, if they are paying for it might as well make it work.

18 hours ago, Vibe said:

Then how about you fix it

Let him learn lua and code it rn 

18 hours ago, Vibe said:

No one from RU complaining

This suggestion was made by an RU member

18 hours ago, Vibe said:

It’s a fix that that no one asked for

This suggestion was made

19 hours ago, Vibe said:

Currently no one really plays the class

Because the hit box is broken

20 hours ago, Vibe said:

(1) Then how about you fix it  (2) No one from RU complaining 

1. Not his job as Ozzy said 
2. Many people from RU have complained I have no idea were you are getting the thought that no one cares about the RU ghillie 

+1 I have heard various complaints from the RU side due to the hitbox of ghillie , it should be fixed. I've seen some people "But no one plays it" , its probably because no one wants to play a class with a shit hitbox

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines