Fier's MRP Staff Application

Lex_

Name: Fier (Steam), 18B SGM Frostbite (ingame, Green Beret)

Total playtime: "| 18B SGM Frostbite has played for 251:59:15."

Microphone: Yes

Staff history: No warns, and no previous bans if I can recall correctly.

Country: United States (timezone isn't as important but I'm in EST/EDT)

Referrals: Naitsir

Some relatively important notes: This is not my first application on the MRP. I've only played the MilitaryRP except for the recent release of PoliceRP. I played back on csdesert for the month prior to Taiga V1 (I recall incorrectly; I'm not sure at what time it was) but had left shortly after map change due to school and other non-computer related things. The last time I applied I had ~60 hours total playtime and now have 4x that number since my return to MRP in late July (July 23rd to be exact) of this year.

I've owned Garry's Mod since 2010 (yeah, I'm also surprised that I've had Garry's Mod since I was 9 years old. can't believe I was even able to get the game). Since then I have been staff on a select few servers, mostly post-Gmod 13's release. Of course just being called an admin isn't real staff experience and the only server that I've actually made an impact on and have learned a thing or two is CT. Because this is relevant, CT stands for Canadian's Turf. It is a custom BuildRP server full of people who just want to code. We're pretty chill. And as in we, I mean that the staff is still the same from back in 2016. So my impact on CT is actually rather large.

I've been an admin on CT since late 2016 and have recently been granted FTP/panel access for the server in the hopes of getting it activity again (it has sat empty since March/April; July 2017 had an average daily playercount of 12 but July 2018 had an average weekly playercount of 2). Last time I applied one of the "many" reasons I was denied was because of my current connection to CT even though it is rather inactive and not as strict when it comes to staff moderating the server with quotas etc. Back to the main purpose of this section, though.

Like my last application (which is lost in the old forums), I can't answer the question of what/how I plan on benefiting MRP as staff. In my eyes I can't bring anything big to the table. I'm no different than any other applicant in that I can use a command and follow a set protocol. I understand that my failure to provide a better answer to the overall question may contribute greatly to this application being denied but I refuse to give a generic answer, and would much rather provide what I'd call an answer that will get you thinking(?).

About me: Just some more extra information that is more about me than about my time on MRP or other servers. I'm currently participating in a dual-credit program and taking classes at a local college for an overall degree in web design. I was given a chance to be an intern at a small inbound design (web marketing) agency through my school and was invited back to be an employee at the same place (which I unfortunately haven't looked into yet because of a few personal things). I program. A lot. But I also procrastinate and get lazy even more than a lot. I still get things done, eventually. My rushed work even seems polished. I have a rather interesting view on the world from what other people have told me. With my interest in web design I have created a logs page based on Google's Material design for CT by using StarfallEx to send information through the POST method with http, a scripting language inside of Gmod that is basically a sandboxed version of GLua. I'm almost rather efficient at VGUI and EGP (Expression 2's graphic processor). So far I've taken a Computer Concepts and Applications class (which is legit telling you what a computer is and goes over networking, bleh) and will be taking a Programming course for my first semester of my senior year (starting in a week).

Edited by Fier
+ Referral

+1 

Haven't had many in game interactions with you but when we did you were always mature and respectable. You have a lot of play time so I'm hoping you have a great understanding of the community. 

Good luck on Staff. 

+1 I have so many positive things I can name about you, so many that I really don't want to be typing an essay, you're mature, you're reliable, very trustworthy, and incredibly friendly to the community. Best of luck to you Fier!

+1 Incredibly great guy! Very mature when needed, and great leadership skills. He's 100% my right-hand-man, and for a very good reason. I've never had a bad experience with him. He knows when and how to get shit done, and ultimately a great person! 

Although I haven't heard much about you in game, I do recognize your name which is a plus. Not saying your inactive, its just I myself have not been totally active. Its nice seeing your time played on the server has improved significantly since your return in just about a months playtime! Also, reading about your interests and your level of skill in web design was a pleasure to read. Aside from that I'd recommend possibly fixing up on your procrastination not only for the server but in life in general. (then again who am I to give advice to someone over the internet) But your application looks great and I do agree it is quite difficult to give new insight on how to benefit the server. 

I hope to have more interactions with you on the server because you sound like a great guy from the previous comments.

Moving on, I wish for the best on your staff application and I hope to see you on the staff team! 

+1 From me.

Edited by {GG} CJ

Fier is a great member of the Green Beret. He is a strong Leader, He makes the right decisions, and there is never a moment when he is under pressure in a pressured situation. I believe Fier would be a great addition to the staff team. Also his honesty in his description on how to benefit the server is great considering he doesn't want to be a generic applicant for the staff team.

+1 Add me to Referrals