DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Unboxing

MattFox

So I was thinking, If there was an option in unboxing that was for permanent weapons or entities crate, where if you unboxed it you would now have it on
your class permanently, It wouldn't be cheap. If the box cost about 30-40-50 million or higher. It would create more options for the players. Maybe call
it the permanent crate or something. When unboxing you wouldnt be able to drop it to anyone it would be permanently on your class.   

The ways it could help out the community and or better the community, it would give people more of a reason to grind for it. Especially for the younger
people who play this game who cant actually spend Government currency on the game, it would give them a reason to grind to be able to get those items or
weapons that they really want. It would give veteran players a reason to grind too. If this became an option it could potentially populate the server more
at down time hours where our pop is usually a tad bit lower, it would make people want to grind printers and have more people basing and that would create
more role playing on the server. 
Just thought I'd put this out there. Doesn't hurt, let me know what you think.  

Also if there was a perma vape box maybe too just a thought @vapr put out there.   
Edited by MattFox
adding stuff

-1 I don’t think that a lot of people would willingly spend 30 to 50,000,000 or above on something random that’s permanent and they will never be able to get rid of when they could spend a lot less on someone who will buy them something from the credit store and they know what they’re getting.

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, JackJJ said:

-1 I don’t think that a lot of people would willingly spend 30 to 50,000,000 or above on something random that’s permanent and they will never be able to get rid of when they could spend a lot less on someone who will buy them something from the credit store and they know what they’re getting.

yeah but, garnet still gets profit when someone else buys the credits n stuff

With Garnet getting absolutely no money for a rando perma crate its gonna need to be a lot of effort for garnet to be losing money

*edit*

Now that I think about it, is it easy to program a crate that can check whether or not u have a perma or not so that it will filter out the ones you already have? It would be bad to spend 30 mil on a crate and get a db that u already got

Edited by Theta2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
3 hours ago, Theta2 said:

yeah but, garnet still gets profit when someone else buys the credits n stuff

With Garnet getting absolutely no money for a rando perma crate its gonna need to be a lot of effort for garnet to be losing money

*edit*

Now that I think about it, is it easy to program a crate that can check whether or not u have a perma or not so that it will filter out the ones you already have? It would be bad to spend 30 mil on a crate and get a db that u already got

I definitely agree if theres a way to see what weapons you already have that are perma that would be cool good thought. 

2 hours ago, vapr said:

this would be cool for vapes maybe. but i wouldnt wanna spend 40 mill and get a glock fade -1

What theta said if there is a way to see what weapons you already have that would be cool. but if it was  a perma Vape box that would be cool too 

Neutral

I'm not saying -1 because this has existed before where a knife was able to be permanently obtained from an expensive crate. I think adding a 10million crate or similar that is a more beefed-up version of the 1 mill crate wouldn't be a bad idea.

Example List: RPG7, Matador, Nitroglycerine, Nerve Gas, Deployable Cracker, Sticky Grenade, Droppable Crowbar, a Perma Knife/vape/hat etc.
(the nitroglycerine, deployable, and sticky grenade being the "you just wasted 10mill" items: and each of these are worth less than 10mill anyways)

Then every few months the perma obtainable item gets rotated to something else. People are bringing valid points that this would "lose money" and while people could be buying credits etc. to obtain perma items already, I think the point is to increase player activity. If there is a very pricey crate with good items and a chance for a weak (but still cool) permanent item you could obtain, along with some good explosives and sought-after items, it would create a higher-tiered money sink that boosts the playercount and gives those with too much to spend something to waste their banks on.

(the only reason this isn't a +1 is because the suggestion implies an unbox with a guaranteed perma for 30-50 million which I don't think is a good idea)

Edited by ShankNinja
uwu
  • Agree 1
33 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

Neutral

I'm not saying -1 because this has existed before where a knife was able to be permanently obtained from an expensive crate. I think adding a 10million crate or similar that is a more beefed-up version of the 1 mill crate wouldn't be a bad idea.

Example List: RPG7, Matador, Nitroglycerine, Nerve Gas, Deployable Cracker, Sticky Grenade, Droppable Crowbar, a Perma Knife/vape/hat etc.
(the nitroglycerine, deployable, and sticky grenade being the "you just wasted 10mill" items: and each of these are worth less than 10mill anyways)

Then every few months the perma obtainable item gets rotated to something else. People are bringing valid points that this would "lose money" and while people could be buying credits etc. to obtain perma items already, I think the point is to increase player activity. If there is a very pricey crate with good items and a chance for a weak (but still cool) permanent item you could obtain, along with some good explosives and sought-after items, it would create a higher-tiered money sink that boosts the playercount and gives those with too much to spend something to waste their banks on.

(the only reason this isn't a +1 is because the suggestion implies an unbox with a guaranteed perma for 30-50 million which I don't think is a good idea)

Totally agree with this idea, I was just throwing the idea out there to see what others thought of it too. So taking all of the comments into consideration and the good ideas form the community members is what ive been looking for in this post. So i agree with your comment. ❤️ Thanks @ShankNinja

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...