In-game name: exile917
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:55457974
Staff members in-game name: Pike
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): not sure but Teamspeak name is acer
Date & Time of incident: Sept 5th around 8:50pm CST
Timezone: CST
Ban Reason: Minor Homophobia
How long were you banned for?: 1 week in game and 1 week in Teamspeak by salmon
Proof of Ban: https://gyazo.com/0acefc989ec5b369789b918c1bf9bc6d and for the Teamspeak https://gyazo.com/5371bdaf790f679cebcec63c0921aa8c

What happened? (include any proof): Was walking around US base and said "huh F*gg*ts" in a sarcastic manner then they all turned and said " you said that to the wrong group pal" then banned 
Why should your ban be removed?: No where in the server rules does it state what we can or can't say

• Like 3
  • Toxic 1
  • Disagree 1

Sorry just checked there was a post about homophobic terms and slang being used and if i read right it says and im quoting the actual post by nutter 

"As with all things there will be exception, IE: a member with an urban upbringing who's speech includes some foul language may be excused with a verbal warning, but generally, expect this procedure.

First offense: Verbal Warning/Optional warning (depending on severity)

Second offense: Warning & Chat mute

Third offense: Warning & Elongated chat mute & jail time

Fourth offense: Server ban for a 3 day period

Fifth offense: 1 month ban for repeated hatespeech/racism/homophobia

Sixth Offense: Community-wide ban."

• StarWarsRP Management Team
1 hour ago, exile917 said:

No where in the server rules does it state what we can or can't say

Homophobic, racist, and other derogatory comments have always been against the rules.

Currently the forum posts for MilitaryRP say for OOC only, however Garnet made an announcement since those were posted, clarifying the Community's stance on this type of incident, and they are not permitted in any form.

2 hours ago, Theos said:

Homophobic, racist, and other derogatory comments have always been against the rules.

Currently the forum posts for MilitaryRP say for OOC only, however Garnet made an announcement since those were posted, clarifying the Community's stance on this type of incident, and they are not permitted in any form.

yup just waiting on a comment i posted here to get approved just like this one. https://gyazo.com/e6ba53bd40cec67545a35aef57281ecd

-1 from what I have seen from those lips and from what I have seen in the past , I genuinely do not believe that you are sorry , you only got a 1 week ban you are very lucky. Just leave as is and learn not or say stupid stuff again 

i gotta go with a -1 as well i saw the clips and was their for the ban and you said that in front of the worst people possible. just serve out the ban as you were let off with a fraction of what it would normally be and work on improving that mindset. 

Edited by Scorch
13 hours ago, exile917 said:

"As with all things there will be exception, IE: a member with an urban upbringing who's speech includes some foul language may be excused with a verbal warning, but generally, expect this procedure.

First offense: Verbal Warning/Optional warning (depending on severity)

Second offense: Warning & Chat mute

Third offense: Warning & Elongated chat mute & jail time

Fourth offense: Server ban for a 3 day period

Fifth offense: 1 month ban for repeated hatespeech/racism/homophobia

Sixth Offense: Community-wide ban."

I'm not sure of any urban upbringing where calling a group of people "f*ggots" is allowed my friend. We were told when those new guidelines came into play that depending on the severity of the act, that we could act based on that. I grabbed a second opinion from both Head Admin's that were in the channel with me at the time, and they agreed that a week ban would suffice. I was also told that earlier in the day you had been given a verbal warning for either racism or homophobia (can't remember which one). Considering those facts, and the fact that you are a genuine member of the community, not some random person that just came on out of nowhere, I figured that you should know better. Do what you will with what I have provided, and best of luck!

1 hour ago, acer said:

I'm not sure of any urban upbringing where calling a group of people "f*ggots" is allowed my friend. We were told when those new guidelines came into play that depending on the severity of the act, that we could act based on that. I grabbed a second opinion from both Head Admin's that were in the channel with me at the time, and they agreed that a week ban would suffice. I was also told that earlier in the day you had been given a verbal warning for either racism or homophobia (can't remember which one). Considering those facts, and the fact that you are a genuine member of the community, not some random person that just came on out of nowhere, I figured that you should know better. Do what you will with what I have provided, and best of luck!

You're right I am a regular player and I should've known better but wasn't aware of the rule. And I wasn't given any verbal warning prior. I had been removed from a db but that was for not using pts. And growing up in a southern state the with a Hispanic family using the word f*gg*t wasn't a super derogatory term and was taken lightly. My main thing was I was banned in game and server with this being the only known incident regarding this

The post saying that all homophobic/racist comments aren't allowed isn't pinned on the forums. He may not have know about this and I think it is best to follow the punishment guidelines. Even if it was his second offense like acer said, it should've been a warn and a chat mute. 

+1 for the unban. The punishment guideline is there for a reason, and it is meant to be followed

EDIT: exile's forum account was created July 10th. The rule overhaul was created in may. How would he have known about this if he didnt even have a forum account?

The only rules that talks about homophobia is under the section "chat rules". As the video shows, this is an in character moment

Edited by mrfortnite
  • Dumb/Shitpost 3
  • Cringe 1
  • Agree 1
24 minutes ago, mrfortnite said:

The post saying that all homophobic/racist comments aren't allowed isn't pinned on the forums. He may not have know about this and I think it is best to follow the punishment guidelines. Even if it was his second offense like acer said, it should've been a warn and a chat mute. 

+1 for the unban. The punishment guideline is there for a reason, and it is meant to be followed

EDIT: exile's forum account was created July 10th. The rule overhaul was created in may. How would he have known about this if he didnt even have a forum account?

The only rules that talks about homophobia is under the section "chat rules". As the video shows, this is an in character moment

I know that DRP is different, but in-character racism/homophobia is strictly prohibited as well. We see it as an excuse to act in an extreme manner. Like I previously stated, we've been instructed to handle punishments in the way we see fit based on the person's actions. For example, saying something like "gays r weird" would call for a different punishment than calling a group of people "f*ggots". I agree, the overhaul should be placed in the rules section for MRP, but that's a different conversation. The overhaul posted by Garnet actually gives more leniency than before, which I'm sure wasn't the plan. 

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Accepted

Your ban will be removed, but you will receive a server warn for Homophobia. Also due the ban appeal, and now the perfect clarity regarding this type of comment, any further breach of this rule will result in the 3-day ban punishment, and carry on with the order of punishments thereafter.

It is also worth noting that lack of reading the rule does not excuse the behaviour, and your upbringing in a Southern state has no bearing on future punishments

B68qasCqL0nAPdH3CRd6FAFojevSJ4JBiP87CQKWTBV5ecANin_egbJ_3MMDG1nT4st_R2ZEFi50KVmRD7hNnbVeOXftlFPHzUNxClOmC0BOJ8jYvKLlF1yRM8H82uen9yqAVyp7

@Jake Please lock and move

• Like 1
  • Agree 2