DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

US SOC Tactical Equipment Suggestion

Naas_

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
Now that RU is getting switched over to Tali. And all of their SOC factions are getting some sort of grenade, suicide bombs, etc.
I believe that US SOC should get a counter. Giving SOC factions smoke grenades, flash bangs and even concussion grenades.
Giving Green Beret flash grenades, Rangers getting smoke grenades and Delta Force getting concussion grenades. 
Green Beret is more close combat they should utilize flash bangs for a more of a run and gun/breaching strategies. 
While Rangers being more of a recon and intelligence faction. They should utilize smoke grenades to hide themselves from enemy,
but as well as returning back to cover.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] This could benefit the server by just adding some sort of counter to Tali's explosive weapons.
US SOC is more tactical than Tali, so they should be able to use tactical equipment. This would just make fight in war or RP, more fair. 
With this new equipment this could add unlimited amount of RP. Such as hostage recues, assassinations and RP raids. 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1101227786
This is what I found on the workshop. Not 100% if it will work. But this for concussion grenades to be added to the server.

Edited by Naas_
  • Friendly 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
2 hours ago, Horseyyy said:

US SOC has grenades

If the entire suggestion package Bishop made is to be implemented, then even base Tali faction has a form of equipment in Nitroglycerin, and giving almost all (not their Air Force) the Tali factions a class with equipment.

The current state of US SOC equipment is Rangers have donator class with grenades (max 3), and GB has a class with Grenades (max 3), so if Bishop's suggestion is being implemented in full there would be a major difference in US v. Tali equipment.
With that being said, my +1/-1 would depend on whether Tali classes will be identical to Bishop's suggestion, or if there'll be compromises.

• Agree 2
9 hours ago, Bortnik_ said:

Just a question, how many would you like to see on each class, like 2 smokes or more/less etc.

I was thinking like 3 smokes for rangers, 2 flash bangs for GB and 2 concussion grenades for DF. Don't want too many on one class then it would be overkill and spam. Something that is reasonable but not overkill.  

• Informative 1
6 hours ago, Theos said:

major difference in US v. Tali equipment.

Tali is missing defibs on most medic classes and some of it's factions don't even have medic classes to compensate for this trade off.

Sure I can blow up a whole room, but should I die and U.S has medics, it means nothing.

• Informative 2
  • Agree 2

Making suggestions for changes based on something that isn't even in the server yet probably isn't a great idea. If it becomes an issue I'm all for it, but as of right now we have no clue if it's necessary or not. 

• Agree 1
  • 1 month later...