DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[SUGGESTION] ALLOW BASING IN THE CINEMA

sweet_banana_hips

Description: 
Basing in the cinema will add a great new location for people to base. It is right between two very popular bases and also on the corner of the most popular street everyone is on. This base will add another very good base location to the most popular area on the server, and give all players more opportunities to base on main street. The cinema building is never used by anyone. The cinema owner job is completely useless, and it is rarely ever used. When it is, it is for purely RP purposes and not to use the Cinema. The Cinema doesn't even have the tools necessary for the cinema to be used as a cinema. This base should be allowed to be used by any player because it simply isn't used a a cinema so it shouldn't be restricted because it is the cinema.

Reasoning: This would allow another base location in the most popular area of the server. It would grant players more building locations for dupes, and it has a large area in the back for party bases and farming printers. Many players want to build in the cinema, and I think this would release a useless building to the player base. 

Additional Information:

• Disagree 7

There honestly isn't going to be change to the cinema due to proggy/garnet waiting for the cinema to be used for what it was popular for I forget the program they're waiting to go into effect but if we make it so people can base in there, then everyone will hold that place hostage all the time and once cinema owner is working once more then nobody can have fun with it anymore.... In the coming future I see it coming back and its best to not change anything yet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
12 hours ago, sweet_banana_hips said:

The Cinema doesn't even have the tools necessary for the cinema to be used as a cinema. This base should be allowed to be used by any player because it simply isn't used a a cinema so it shouldn't be restricted because it is the cinema.

No reason to repurpose something that is going to be fixed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I actually already made a very similar thread a while ago.

Garnet (or someone else) plans on fixing this at some point. However, as this isn't fixed yet, I personally feel that you should be allowed to base in Cinema, as there's no use for it otherwise. We don't really have any exact time for when Cinema's functionality will return, so as of now Cinema Owner is indefinitely useless. When Cinema Owner's power eventually returns, I feel that the rule should be reinstated, but for now the rule could probably have a lax stance.

So I suppose this is a +1? But iffy, depends on how far the progress is on the program for Chromium, if that is known at all.

9/23/2021

Reaffirming my old stance, The Cinema has been empty FOREVER. It must have been at least a year since the program has worked.

Just because the addon will update sometime in the indefinite future doesn't mean we should restrict such a well-traveled area of the map to essentially sit there, empty. #FreeCinema

Edited by StillWohMi
reaffirm
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

+1, Doesn't seem like Cinema is even close to top of the list, and making it usable until the fix would be kind of cool. Just change the doors to any owner. and when fixed put it back to cinema only. This really doesn't seem that hard.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
22 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Garnet has made it clear that the issue will be fixed once gmod updates merging the Chronium branch and the normal branch

yea and facepunch has taken ages to update it so why not let ppl base there for now

53 minutes ago, Canlex said:

maybe dont remove cinema owner ownership of the doors but realistically if you base there I doubt anyone would care tbh 😕 /1 dont make it baseable by anyone but if someone does make a fading door base, just let it be. It's not hurting anyone.

that just doesn't work with darkrp playerbase ppl will absolutely base there out of spite bc it's only technically allowed