DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

"Event" Faction Changes

acer

Description:
More player slots for both VVS and AFSOC as well as a squad, fixed friendly fire in war, general rule questions, and an AFSOC weapon change

Reasoning:

Considering the fact that VVS and AFSOC are both first life, and are no longer under the event section, they deserve more player slots for the faction. Player limits would be decided by the faction leader, not the hard server limit, and honestly that’s how it’s been working. We’ve had more than the theoretical limit for a while now, and having more slots for each class would just be a quality of life change. We would also like a squad in the /squad menu, I assume this was just overlooked when it was first implemented, but an addition of that would be great. Fixed friendly fire in war for both AFSOC and VVS would be amazing. The ability to play war or even exist during war without being killed by friendlies would make the faction MUCH more enjoyable. This would also come with the ability to capture points, hopefully at least. As a faction, AFSOC has been wondering whether the imposed rule of no playing war is up to staff discretion, or faction leader discretion. It isn’t explicitly stated in the rules anywhere (to my knowledge), so an elaboration on that rule would be great. With Jake being super admin and faction leader, we were never sure whether that was a staff thing or a faction thing, hopefully we can come to a conclusion. With this question there also comes a more broad question, is AFSOC/VVS to operate COMPLETELY like other factions in regards to the rules now? Considering that it is no longer an event faction, I would figure this is the case. If these questions could be cleared up by Garnet or Jake, that would be amazing. Tuna, the current AFSOC leader, is requesting a weapon change for AFSOC. This is more-so a personal preference rather than a blaring issue that Garnet must deal with, so this comes last in terms of priority.

Additional Information: 

cw_ber_msbs 

Weapon that AFSOC is suggesting their new primary be. This change would be from g3a3 ----> msbs on the operator and headhunter classes.

If  @Kurtle could give his insight on these changes as VVS COL, that would be much appreciated. 

Edited by acer
1 hour ago, acer said:

Considering the fact that VVS and AFSOC are both first life, and are no longer under the event section, they deserve more player slots for the faction. Player limits would be decided by the faction leader, not the hard server limit, and honestly that’s how it’s been working. We’ve had more than the theoretical limit for a while now, and having more slots for each class would just be a quality of life change. We would also like a squad in the /squad menu, I assume this was just overlooked when it was first implemented, but an addition of that would be great.

I completely agree. I would like to have some flexibility on slots especially since I would like VVS personnel to specialize on skills. A hard server cap destroys any chance of this

1 hour ago, acer said:

Fixed friendly fire in war for both AFSOC and VVS would be amazing.

This needs to get fixed as soon as possible and should be top priority.

1 hour ago, acer said:

As a faction, AFSOC has been wondering whether the imposed rule of no playing war is up to staff discretion, or faction leader discretion. It isn’t explicitly stated in the rules anywhere (to my knowledge), so an elaboration on that rule would be great. With Jake being super admin and faction leader, we were never sure whether that was a staff thing or a faction thing, hopefully we can come to a conclusion. With this question there also comes a more broad question, is AFSOC/VVS to operate COMPLETELY like other factions in regards to the rules now? Considering that it is no longer an event faction, I would figure this is the case. If these questions could be cleared up by Garnet or Jake, that would be amazing

Considering that war takes up 1/3 of playtime, I really believe its stupid not to let entire factions play wars. Obviously the focus of these factions is more heavily RP and event based, but that is absolutely no reason not to allow us to use the whitelists and make an impact on war. The ambiguity is a big issue as well, so some clarity would be nice.

All in all, I'm in favor of all the things Acer listed. I want to give people an incentive to join VVS, and they may be dissuaded by the fact that we can't play war. 

+1

Edited by Kurtle
  • Like 1

In addition I would like to request more helicopters for VVS, we have only 2 and the havoc is well the havoc…. 
while I don’t have any specific I can change this post or maybe @Pythoncan help me out and posting potential helicopters for the RU sides I would appreciate it. 
overall +1 I don’t see why it won’t get accepted and I would sure thing like to play war on the WL as well as not having friendly fire. (And maybe a fix for me being able to run with the PKM on the navigator class)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Party said:

In addition I would like to request more helicopters for VVS, we have only 2 and the havoc is well the havoc…. 
while I don’t have any specific I can change this post or maybe @Pythoncan help me out and posting potential helicopters for the RU sides I would appreciate it. 
overall +1 I don’t see why it won’t get accepted and I would sure thing like to play war on the WL as well as not having friendly fire. (And maybe a fix for me being able to run with the PKM on the navigator class)

I'll look for some helicopters for VVS when I get home (if I remember). To my knowledge, all of the RU WAC helicopters on the server you guys currently have. It would have to involve adding more WAC addons, which obviously would benefit the server in general.

Proposed helicopters (saw it on the wiki not sure if there is any addons on all of them) 

VRT 500 

VRT 500 mockup at Dubai Air Show 2019.jpg

Mil Mi-34

Mil Mi-34S1 (modified).jpg

Mil Mi-28

VVS 100th IMG 0063 (cropped).jpg

Mil Mi-24

Mi24CP (modified).jpg

Kamov Ka-60

Russian Air Force Ka-60.jpg

Kamov Ka-50

Russian Air Force Kamov Ka-50.jpg

as for the addon itself i couldn't a specific one, i believe @acer has more knowledge at this.  

2 hours ago, Party said:

Proposed helicopters (saw it on the wiki not sure if there is any addons on all of them) 

VRT 500 

VRT 500 mockup at Dubai Air Show 2019.jpg

Mil Mi-34

Mil Mi-34S1 (modified).jpg

Mil Mi-28

VVS 100th IMG 0063 (cropped).jpg

Mil Mi-24

Mi24CP (modified).jpg

Kamov Ka-60

Russian Air Force Ka-60.jpg

Kamov Ka-50

Russian Air Force Kamov Ka-50.jpg

as for the addon itself i couldn't a specific one, i believe @acer has more knowledge at this.  

The one thing about Russian helicopters is that there aren't many WAC ones so this might be a little bit hard to find a perfect one

21 hours ago, Party said:

Unfortunately, there isn't SHIT for WAC Russian helicopters. I looked through a decent bit, and there is really only attack helicopters, which you only really need one of. Other than that, there's some dogshit transport helicopters that will be worse than the current one on the server. Only place where there is any type of decent Russian helicopters is LFS, and I assume that Garnet doesn't really want to have both of those on the server, especially when LFS is easy as all fuck to fly.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, acer said:

Considering the fact that VVS and AFSOC are both first life

Yea this alone should warrant enough reason to move forward with these changes. ( being able to play war, class slots, etc ) If it's first life, excluding them forcibly from one of the MAIN things the server offers can be extremely dissuading for players wanting to join. I think a good addition to this suggestion would be moving forward with clarity on WAC damage as well. As it stands, attack helicopters in war are not allowed due to the fact that they cannot be taken down. This has been ran through a thousand times. Finding a way to properly balance it for GMOD combat would allow more use of attack helicopters in war which would be awesome for both sides. 

Fixed friendly fire in war for both AFSOC and VVS would be amazing. The ability to play war or even exist during war without being killed by friendlies would make the faction MUCH more enjoyable. This would also come with the ability to capture points, hopefully at least.

This issue has been a thing for some time now, I don't know entirely why its been so long but i'd love to not blast a VVS on accident in war with my car LMAO. 

cw_ber_msbs 

Weapon that AFSOC is suggesting their new primary be. This change would be from g3a3 ----> msbs on the operator and headhunter classes.

Can you elaborate more on this? Why should the weapon be changed? To my understanding, which is purely based off of my few interactions with Jake, the AFSOC weapons are fine. The MSBS is a really good weapon, so if you can back this up with a video, or something to show it need balanced, that would be great. 

Overall, +1, elaborate more on the weapon change though if ya could 😄 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Soappppp said:

Can you elaborate more on this? Why should the weapon be changed? To my understanding, which is purely based off of my few interactions with Jake, the AFSOC weapons are fine. The MSBS is a really good weapon, so if you can back this up with a video, or something to show it need balanced, that would be great. 

Quite literally only preference, it's been g3a3 for a while now and Tuna wants something different. Absolutely unnecessary, just something that Tuna wanted thrown in here lol.

• Informative 2

It would also be nice to have a different gun for VVS as well. Currently we have the exact same loadout as GRU I believe with the Makarov pistol and AK-103. Like Acer said, completely unnecessary, but for VVS purposes, having a different gun could give players more incentive to join along with this suggestion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

logo.png.f655a706f14519b42316b9201ad5561

ACCEPTED

The focus of this suggestion has already been implemented (war participation), however AAF/AFSOC will additionally receive their own squad as well as a couple more slots on their classes to match this change.

• Like 4