DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[ShankNinja's Pro-Tips] Loadouts: Create Customizable Quick-Swappable Weapon Sets

Hello Garnet Gamers, this is a new series I'm going to start that is specifically useful to OLD and NEW players alike called [ShankNinja's Pro-Tips]
I will be shamelessly linking all of my guides together with embeds and keeping them single-topic so that one can click into whichever guide(s) interest them the most and prevent a ginormous essay that is too intimidating to read.

Today's Pro-Tip guide (like the last one) will focus on Console Commands. If you don't know how to open the console or how to use commands, binds, etc. please refer to this guide which explains all applicable sections in detail:

If you have any questions regarding this guide or any of the guides I link, please respond in this thread to prevent getting a necroposting warn or something!

Now, the Loadouts section:

When I refer to a Loadout I am referring to a two-weapon quick-swappable set of weapons. Many Garnet Gamers only use 2-4 weapons in normal combat scenarios and the rest are for fun. Well, if your inventory looks like this, it might be hard to get to your trusty dragon lore...
zJV0fAw.png

So, until we have toggle-able permas developed for the server, I'll show you what I've done to solve for this issue on my own.

First: You will want to bind a 'lastinv' key to swap to your secondary in the loadout. The guide I have linked above explains it in more detail, but I'll just post the bind I use here. This command will swap to your last-equipped weapon, and is integral in making the loadout trick work:

bind f lastinv

Now, lets get to actually creating the loadout(s) (expand the quote):

1. Find the item name of the two items I want to create for a loadout by identifying it in the Q menu and right-clicking it and selecting Copy to Clipboard
wyMlS5m.png
2. Find your second item in the same way
3. Select the key you wish to use and create the bind, with your first item last. For example:

bind b "use m9k_striker12;use grn_go_awpdl"

Pressing B using the above bind will equip your Dragon Lore and have your 'secondary' weapon be your striker.

Why does it have to be backwards? Because it is essentially equipping the Striker then instantly swapping to the Dragon Lore, leaving you holding a Dragon Lore. If you use your lastinv key, it will swap to the weapon that was equipped first (in this case, the Striker)

Now that you know how loadouts work, here's some sample loadouts that I use (expand the quote):

The loadout I mentioned above (Shotty Sniper)
bind b "use m9k_striker12;use grn_go_awpdl"
2kg5c9z.png

The classic Shank Sniper
bind g "use grn_go_awpdl;use csgo_butterfly_tiger"
tT9h2kx.png

Double-Shotgun Strategy (shoot the DB then swap to Striker to finish)
bind h "use m9k_dbarrel;use m9k_striker12"
mfOL23Q.png

My 'advanced unholster'.
This will equip the Inventory Pickup Tool, allowing a lastinv bind to climb_swep2 if needed, and finally: if I'm a cop this will work to quickly grab my arrest stick.
The reason I'm using 3 items here, is no class has the arrest stick and the climb swep so the console will ignore the arrest stick if it's not equipped.
bind x "use climb_swep2; use itemstore_pickup; use arrest_stick "
75ZtDoI.png

To wrap it all up: If I am holding a Pistol, and I press B, I will now be holding a Dragon Lore sniper. If I press F right afterwards, I'll swap to my Striker shotgun.

Lastly, here's links to the unofficial addon pack I created, as well as links to my other guides, in case any interest you:

The last Pro-Tip guide I created:

Some older guides of mine:

(this guide was already posted above but is part of the same 'series'):

If you need help creating a loadout, feel free to comment here, shoot me a forum PM, get ahold of me on Discord, or message me in-game! The next pro-tip guide will take a step back and look at the specifics behind how printers work etc., but it should still have something useful for everybody!

Edited by ShankNinja
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Informative 2
  • 4 weeks later...