DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Oatlife - 501st CDR Appo Application

Oatlife

Your In-Game Name: Oatlife

SteamID (https://steamid.io/😞 STEAM_0:0:155811266

Warns: N/A

Timezone: PST (California)

Playtime: N/A (Roughly 600-800 hours from the previous version)

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]

Current Ranks: None

Position you are applying for: 501st CDR Appo

Referrals: None

Past Experience: [Optional] RC DELTA BOSS, 19thAW CDR, 91st CDR Neyo, SWRP GM/S-Mod, MRP T-Admin/H-Mod

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe I should be chosen above other applicants because of my strong past in regards to StarwarsRP. Throughout Garnet’s previous server I worked hard and received many high ranking positions. These positions included 91st CDR, RC Delta Boss, 19thAW CDR, and Shock CAPT. I believe the most essential example of why I am a strong applicant is my work with the 91st Battalion.  91st was the first Battalion I joined on the server. When first joining it was in a rocky state. The first commander handed it down to his second in command very early on in the servers lifespan. This new commander simply did not have the time to invest into the battalion. This led him to appointing me to 91st 2LT, to run the faction when he could not. When I received 2LT I instantly went to work, reworking docs, tryouts, lightning squadron, and other miscellaneous tasks. Along with this I hosted multiple tryouts every day, sometimes up to ten a day. This work instantly changed the faction. Within a few weeks it became the most popular faction on the server. After about a month of running 91st the commander resigned, and appointed me to Commander. The faction continued to thrive, and stayed the largest and most active faction on the server. At the faction's peak, I had 6 officers under myself. If given the opportunity I will put forth the same effort into the 501st that I did with the 91st.

Another reason I am a strong applicant is my dedication and hardwork I have completed in the past, and will complete again. Along with my work in 91st, I simultaneously held many other high ranking roles. During my time reconstructing 91st, the shock commander abandoned the server to play on another rivaling one. As a result of this, Phantom appointed me as Shock Captain. My role was to run the faction until another suitable leader could be found, which is what I did. Similarly to 91st, I remade the docs, tweaked the tryouts, and ran the faction for about a month. Once I found a suitable Commander, I appointed him. At the same time as running shock, and 91st, I was also a part of the 19thAW. I was the first person on the server to pass the tryouts, which led me to rank up very quickly as the commander needed someone to assist him with the faction. I quickly became an officer, and hosted many of the tryouts that occurred at the time. On Top of these three important roles, I was also a staff member, and held other minor roles such as Navy LT. In conclusion, I believe I am the best candidate for this role because of my strong past and abilities. I have proven many times my dedication, ability to help the server grow, and most importantly my ability to be a strong faction leader.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, include details.

I am permanently banned from MilitaryRP. Complete details of the ban can be found here: 

How would you use the role you are applying for?

I would use the role I am applying for to better the server, more specifically grow the playerbase. 501st is one of the most popular factions, which means it will attract many new players. I will be able to retain this new playerbase, and show them the ropes of StarwarsRP. Along with mentoring them, I would teach them how to effectively roleplay, create their own roleplay, and eventually how to run tryouts, edit docs, and finally, run a faction.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

About four hours during weekdays

About six hours during weekends

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry’s Mod?

Weight lifting, running, cooking, other health and fitness activities.

Did you read the application rules?: Oatlife

Edited by ArrogantPanda451
  • Agree 5

+1 Speaking from personal experience i can vouch for Oatlife’s good work on SWRP. First day of SWRP release i joined 91st with Swag leading and him as a fellow trooper. Ever since then his RP has progressed and his hard work increased. Oatlife is one of the few I remember from the OG launch and i can say i trust him in this position. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • 3 weeks later...

logo.png.f655a706f14519b42316b9201ad5561

ACCEPTED

Having previously led two factions and seeing your motivation on our last run, I am confident in your ability to lead 501st. You have been moved onto the interview stage. Contact me to set this up and thank you for applying.