DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Skirmish

Ziggy

10 hours ago, bishopil said:

6-8 objectives are available for capture around the map.

1. Would there be US soldiers manning said objectives, I feel as if it wouldn't be fun for an afghan player to walk around to each objective mindlessly capping them.

2. I feel like we should weather down the objectives from 6-8 to 3-5 as with only ~40 active players at most times, troops would be too spread out to provide any engaging combat.

10 hours ago, josh_cm said:

1. Would there be US soldiers manning said objectives

Both nations would most likely be capping or manning at least one objective, since players are free to go and participate at any time. If you don't want to walk around and mindlessly cap vacant objectives, then walk to the objective with people on it. 

wouldn't be fun for an afghan player to walk around to each objective mindlessly capping them.

This concern only really exists at extremely low pop because the only reason this would ever happen would be if players weren't even tabbed in to participate. With another chance at combat, I'm sure a good amount of players would choose to participate just as they do with war. 

2. I feel like we should weather down the objectives from 6-8 to 3-5

I agree actually, since there are only 4 factions per nation. I think 5 would be a nice middle ground that keeps it different from the regular 3 OBJ wars we have. 

+1

Only concern would be, wouldn't the Afghan rule be kind of overpowered? Like, it could be abused heavily if they can pull out a gun at any given time. They could just walk up to US without a gun and all of a sudden pull out a gun and kill everyone. 

I like the idea of having more OBJs across the map that you could claim during this skirmishing period, gives a new twist onto the server. 

Edited by Whue
  • Agree 2
4 hours ago, Whue said:

sudden pull out a gun and kill everyone. 

To this I'd suggest;
1. A quick-draw rule in which you cannot pull out a weapon when in view and within (insert reasonable distance)
2. A capped zone during Skirmish is KOS-able, and any unit firing onto the cap point subjects the people around them to be KOS as well. So if a AFG shoots at US on a cap while the AFG teammates don't have guns out, they would still all be KOS.
     2.(a) This would also apply to AFG shooting US off of cap points. I.E if they were shooting at a US enroute to OBJ, all AFG around the person shooting would be KOS-able.

Edited by Pencil
  • Informative 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
On 9/22/2021 at 2:57 PM, bishopil said:
  • Afghan with their keys out, outside of their FOB, are considered civilians during this time, but if they draw a weapon or already have one out, they are KOS for the US. 

So technically could Afghan just get away with capping skirmish points, no weapons out, US can't kill them?

• Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
4 minutes ago, shrimp said:

This used to be the 2nd ROE.

Not debating that, but this is a competitive conflict where US can't automatically shoot an Afghan model, so Afghan could cap everywhere technically and not be killed if they kept keys out.

That was not the situation before, because wartime allows shoot on sight

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Theos said:

Not debating that, but this is a competitive conflict where US can't automatically shoot an Afghan model, so Afghan could cap everywhere technically and not be killed if they kept keys out.

That was not the situation before, because wartime allows shoot on sight

Fairly certain the idea would be anyone near/on a cap point would be KOS. @bishopil please elaborate, I don't want to put words in your mouth.

• 3 weeks later...

Accepted

While this is a big change, we will be going over set rules in more details before implementing it.

This may take some time, but would be a nice change of pace for the server.

That being said, please keep an eye on the rules as they will be subject to change with this suggestion.

@Fonza  please lock and move.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3