DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Ammo Types REVAMPED

Jackal

Description:

Essentially the reimplementation of ammo types but far more balanced and also restrictive. Also, ammo types wouldn't be what they used to be. I.E. Ammo types before was a matter of choosing either match or magnum. Whereas what I am proposing would function to make the player debate whether the exclusive ammo type is worth it at all. Below would outline the 3 examples of how the ammo types would look stat wise and also to clearly indicate why these ammo types would not be instinctively used. You also may wonder why I didn't include exclusive ammo types for DMRs, Snipers, and pistols. Firstly, the DMRs and Snipers don't exactly have a need for an additional ammo type since they accomplish their purpose. As for pistols I don't exactly think that many people use them to begin with and the only way they would be usable is through insane buffs to put them on-par with SMGs/ARs.

Match (AR exclusive)

• +20% aim spread + accuracy
  • -25-35% hip spread

Magnum (SMG exclusive)

• +20-25% damage
  • +20% recoil and -20% handling

Flechette (Shotgun exclusive)

• +40% clump spread and +20 pellets
  • -55% damage and -25% handling

Reasoning: 

I think it's fair to say that ammo types of this nature help to make certain gun categories a little bit more enjoyable without seeming as a guaranteed positive. Also, some categories, mainly in reference to shotguns, need ammo types to really be relevant in combat either as a result of the flat stats for the gun or being forced into a certain range because of map layout.  Lastly, this helps to provide a little bit of variety in playstyle for some players while being pretty straightforward and easy to implement but most importantly not incredibly overpowered. 

Additional Information: N/A

Edited by Jackal
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1