DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

EIIie's Resignation

Firstly I'd like to say thank you for the opportunity and experience of being staff here has given me, I didn't have much experience staffing on larger servers so thank you. 

My main reason for resignation is due to the condition of my laptop being damaged, and the fact I no longer like the environment in which as staff I work on the server, I understand the possible reasons for not rewarding staff, but after talking to old friends who staff on other servers which offer rewards for hard work and putting in the effort I feel Garnet is not a server I wish to staff on. For children and man children to sit on DRP and call me a, and I quote "Slut" and "useless whore" I feel I and other staff should at least see small rewards which shouldn't even need to be IRL or any form of payments, other than just a possible promotion and a tag in the Staff Discord.

Overall thank you for the experience but Ill be leaving the staff team I might come back in a couple of months if I'm willing too but thanks overall ❤️ 

• Like 7
  • Sad 9

While the reward topic is a debate on its on, I've seen it done in a manner that's worked with others although, it's also clear that there are issues that may arise due to such a system. In addition, it's a shame when players decide to take out their frustration on the staff and even with tools to handle it, it's easy to see why people would avoid becoming staff. Nonetheless, I feel there are many more players that respect staff than those that do not and I'm glad that as a community we've mostly come to honour that fact, and I feel that the mutual respect amongst players is one of our strengths on GarnetGaming! That being said, I wish you the best in your future endeavors Ellie and we'll all be quick to welcome you back if you choose to do so!

• Like 1

I don’t get a couple of things here.  I respect what you done , but I’ll put it in my opinion. 

staffing is not a job, you need to stop thinking that. 

staffing to me is a hobby and something you should learn from. Yea it’s the online world, but as you rise the ranks, you learn how to be a leader and communicate with people.  that’s the reward in my eyes, you learn these skills that can help you out in the future. 

listen I apologize, I don’t mean to be a dick but I’ll tell you what no one else will, if you can’t handle the assholes on the internet calling you a slut/useless whore” , especially when’s it’s affecting something , maybe it’s just me but that’s the internet girl , it’s a free reign , people can do whatever and there’s no punishment irl, there’s only a victim and there’s no suspect. You got to learn that and you gotta be tough. There’s a problem if your gonna let it get to your head. Maybe you need a break from the internet? Maybe you need to talk to a friend who can toughen you up? But letting this get to your head and Just ignoring it won’t solve anything, your just running away from your problems that will find you eventually. 

I hope your able to come back with a mindset to avoid the people who just wanna get a laugh as they watch you crumble , i hope you get to laugh as they fail to crumble you :). 

• Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1
1 hour ago, OpTic Gunner said:

I don’t get a couple of things here.  I respect what you done , but I’ll put it in my opinion. 

staffing is not a job, you need to stop thinking that. 

staffing to me is a hobby and something you should learn from. Yea it’s the online world, but as you rise the ranks, you learn how to be a leader and communicate with people.  that’s the reward in my eyes, you learn these skills that can help you out in the future. 

listen I apologize, I don’t mean to be a dick but I’ll tell you what no one else will, if you can’t handle the assholes on the internet calling you a slut/useless whore” , especially when’s it’s affecting something , maybe it’s just me but that’s the internet girl , it’s a free reign , people can do whatever and there’s no punishment irl, there’s only a victim and there’s no suspect. You got to learn that and you gotta be tough. There’s a problem if your gonna let it get to your head. Maybe you need a break from the internet? Maybe you need to talk to a friend who can toughen you up? But letting this get to your head and Just ignoring it won’t solve anything, your just running away from your problems that will find you eventually. 

I hope your able to come back with a mindset to avoid the people who just wanna get a laugh as they watch you crumble , i hope you get to laugh as they fail to crumble you :). 

Facts I bully Gunner on the daily

18 hours ago, Lollipop said:

Firstly I'd like to say thank you for the opportunity and experience of being staff here has given me, I didn't have much experience staffing on larger servers so thank you. 

My main reason for resignation is due to the condition of my laptop being damaged, and the fact I no longer like the environment in which as staff I work on the server, I understand the possible reasons for not rewarding staff, but after talking to old friends who staff on other servers which offer rewards for hard work and putting in the effort I feel Garnet is not a server I wish to staff on. For children and man children to sit on DRP and call me a, and I quote "Slut" and "useless whore" I feel I and other staff should at least see small rewards which shouldn't even need to be IRL or any form of payments, other than just a possible promotion and a tag in the Staff Discord.

Overall thank you for the experience but Ill be leaving the staff team I might come back in a couple of months if I'm willing too but thanks overall ❤️ 

Sad to see after all these years the players haven't matured a lot of females who used to play ended up leaving for similar reasons

Then there is @Rosie who used to hang out with a group which is probably the only way females end up staying

• Like 3
On 10/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, Lollipop said:

Good to see you’re moving on to better things. 

Ciao